ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lahore Pakistan Vfs appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rommy

B1 life skills for initial spouse visa

Post by rommy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Hello everyone,

My fiance is doing B1 test for her spouse visa application so we can use the same test for extension and ILR etc.

But today an institue has told her that she need to do A1 and not B1.

I am really confused now. We though B1 is higher than A1 and it should satisfy requirements for all spouse visa applications from initial upto citizenship.

Can you please kindly advice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: B1 life skills for initial spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:44 pm

She can do B1.

Remember that she can only use the B1 test in the future if it and the test centre remains on the official ho list further down the line. The list is reviewed and changed at least twice a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 pm

rommy wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:42 pm

But today an institue has told her that she need to do A1 and not B1.

Don't abandon your resolution of doing B1 because staff at test centre most often dispossess the immigration related knowledge.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:02 pm

Thank you as always Seagul.

I have got a new concern now. I am getting married next month and going to apply for spouse visa straight away. But I am now worried about my job.

At the moment my company is going through redundancy excersie. I have been luckily excluded for now. Hence I will have all the payslips and finance requirement fulfilled at time of application.

But the way econony is going anything can happen in near future. Can you please guide me what will happen to my application if I lose may job before the application is decided?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm

rommy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:02 pm
. Can you please guide me what will happen to my application if I lose may job before the application is decided?

Thank you
In my view, attach a well eloquently written covering letter addressing honestly your job precarity, whilst requesting to consider your income/circumstances till the date of application will be an efficacious approach.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:48 pm

rommy wrote:

I have got a new concern now. I am getting married next month and going to apply for spouse visa straight away. But I am now worried about my job.

At the moment my company is going through redundancy excersie. I have been luckily excluded for now. Hence I will have all the payslips and finance requirement fulfilled at time of application.

But the way econony is going anything can happen in near future. Can you please guide me what will happen to my application if I lose may job before the application is decided?

Thank you

“Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.”

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:48 pm

If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus,
Most likely loss of job/redundancy won't be covered rather loss of income/furlough only.

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm
rommy wrote:
. Can you please guide me what will happen to my application if I lose may job before the application is decided?

Thank you
In my view, attach a well eloquently written covering letter addressing honestly your job precarity, whilst requesting to consider your income/circumstances till the date of application will be an efficacious approach.
I will definately so given literally everyone in hospitality industry is in uncharted waters.

But worst case sceanrio is there any specific thing in guidance about loss of job during processing of application? I will try to find any kind of work to meet the requirement if that will help.

Its just very stressful situation at the moment.

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:10 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus,
Most likely loss of job/redundancy won't be covered rather loss of income/furlough only.
On this point I can request company to furlough me with no income if that can help the application. Thoughts?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 pm

rommy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:10 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

On this point I can request company to furlough me with no income if that can help the application. Thoughts?
No body can be furloughed after 30th June if wasn't on furlough mode before. However, instead making you redundant your employer can colloquially keep you employed with unpaid wages, and the same can meet the purpose since you should have earned sufficiently till the date of application whilst still employed.

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:33 pm

My apologies. I was not clear. I have been on furlogh already since May and will be on working partially for next few months and rest on Goverment pay till end of October.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:38 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm

rommy

Post by rommy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm

This process is more stressful than I imagined.

My fiance test was scheduled for 03rd of September. But she has not yet received exact timing for the test which were meant to arrive no more than 48 hours before the test. Now we checked on the portal and her test date is showing a s 10th with no venue assigned and no other communication.

My question is can we make the application for the visa before she passes the test and upload the test result once she clears it. Does the test has to be passed before we make the online application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:46 pm

rommy wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm
This process is more stressful than I imagined.

My fiance test was scheduled for 03rd of September. But she has not yet received exact timing for the test which were meant to arrive no more than 48 hours before the test. Now we checked on the portal and her test date is showing a s 10th with no venue assigned and no other communication.

My question is can we make the application for the visa before she passes the test and upload the test result once she clears it. Does the test has to be passed before we make the online application?
Given the covid times, you will not be penalised for taking the test AFTER application date. Just submit the test result BEFORE biometrics. You will be okay as long you provide the evidence before the biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:47 pm

rommy wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Yes you can apply without test and the 28 days rules doesn't apply here.

rommy

Post by rommy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:21 pm

Thank you so much both for the feedback

rommy

Post by rommy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:22 pm

I have finally reached stage of application. I have paid both IHS and application fee and now I am uploading documents on VFS site.

As I am still missing IELTS result, I have not gone further from documents section yet. Can I upload whatever documents I have for now and move to appointment section? Will the VFS site give me a chance to upload any missing documents after I have booked an appointment?

Also the document checklist didn't have anything for Appendix 2 or VF4? form. But VFS documents section have Appendix 2 box. Do I need to download and complete any of these forms?

Finally there is no section for my wife passport in documents. I assume that she will have to take it with her and it will be scanned on the day?

Thank you so much for your help guys. We are almost there now.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:36 pm

rommy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:22 pm
I have finally reached stage of application. I have paid both IHS and application fee and now I am uploading documents on VFS site.

As I am still missing IELTS result, I have not gone further from documents section yet. Can I upload whatever documents I have for now and move to appointment section? Will the VFS site give me a chance to upload any missing documents after I have booked an appointment?

Also the document checklist didn't have anything for Appendix 2 or VF4? form. But VFS documents section have Appendix 2 box. Do I need to download and complete any of these forms?

Finally there is no section for my wife passport in documents. I assume that she will have to take it with her and it will be scanned on the day?

Thank you so much for your help guys. We are almost there now.
Yes you can continue to upload the documents without English language test which can be uploaded at later. According to few members appendix 2 is not required anymore. Also the check list is generic but you have to make sure to attach all required documents. If you can't find any specific category then can upload the passport in any category.

rommy

Lahore Pakistan Vfs appointment

Post by rommy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Hello,

I have been trying to book an appointment with Vfs for last couple of days. But not having any luck at all. Has any one been able to get an appointment in Lahore? Any tips to find one?

There phone lines are constantly not working and no reply either from their customer service. Any suggestion to get in contact with them?

ee063102
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Lahore Pakistan Vfs appointment

Post by ee063102 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:32 pm

I was in a similar situation last Saturday (19th, Sep 2020) and wasn't able to find any slot in Islamabad and Lahore but suddenly late evening (same day) the slots opened for primetime (78.50£).
I paid and booked immediately. I would suggest to keep checking everyday at different times, you will find InshaAllah.
Good luck

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm

rommy wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 pm
Hello,

I have been trying to book an appointment with Vfs for last couple of days. But not having any luck at all. Has any one been able to get an appointment in Lahore? Any tips to find one?

There phone lines are constantly not working and no reply either from their customer service. Any suggestion to get in contact with them?
I managed to get one in Lahore for October 1st (I booked it on 21st September so was quite lucky to get one within 10 days time!) non prime time.
Just keep logging in every hour and looking for an appointment - you will get some slots eventually :)

When you uploaded your documents did they all show up on the receipt?

rommy

Post by rommy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:34 am

Thank you for your feedback. I will keep trying. Hopefully I will find something starting from Monday tomorrow.

What time did you manage to find an appointment? Was it in the afternoon or late at night?

My documents are showing up on the individual categories when I click on eye icon. So hopefully everything should be fine now.

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:26 am

rommy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:34 am
Thank you for your feedback. I will keep trying. Hopefully I will find something starting from Monday tomorrow.

What time did you manage to find an appointment? Was it in the afternoon or late at night?

My documents are showing up on the individual categories when I click on eye icon. So hopefully everything should be fine now.
It was afternoon time I got it.

Ah okay, the appointments in 4 days and I haven’t uploaded yet! Everything’s scanned in categorised ready to upload. So going to sit there Monday and upload, does it take long? I’m expecting it to take maximum 2 hours?

And just to answer your previous Q’s:
Also Appendix 2 you don’t need. Other users have confirmed that they have applied without it and been successful as all the questions from VFA4 are now in the online application form itself.

Applicants passport I will be uploading in Additional Documents.

rommy

Post by rommy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:46 pm

If you have everything scanned and ordered already it should not take more than an hour. The website is not the most reliable one. But still the process is quiet straight forward

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:20 pm

rommy wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:46 pm
If you have everything scanned and ordered already it should not take more than an hour. The website is not the most reliable one. But still the process is quiet straight forward
That’s great then!
Also you know for like money transfer receipts, I’ve got a few. Did you compile them into a single document PDF and upload as 1 file or did you upload each as a separate file (this is same for flights, hotel receipts) etc