ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter - Category B non-salaried employment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jellyhat_mousse
Newly Registered

Re: Employment Letter - Category B non-salaried employment

Post by jellyhat_mousse » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:28 pm

Thank you for all your previous help.
We are now uploading our documents to the edossier solo tls document upload service.
When using the web app, it won’t accept documents over 10mb in size, which is quite small, and not large enough for our chat history etc. but when I upload through the app they seem to go through without any trouble.
Can I trust that they are uploading correctly through the app? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:38 pm

jellyhat_mousse wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:28 pm
Thank you for all your previous help.
We are now uploading our documents to the edossier solo tls document upload service.
When using the web app, it won’t accept documents over 10mb in size, which is quite small, and not large enough for our chat history etc. but when I upload through the app they seem to go through without any trouble.
Can I trust that they are uploading correctly through the app? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Many thanks
You should be able to view/preview and see whether they are uploaded or not.

jellyhat_mousse
Newly Registered

Post by jellyhat_mousse » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 pm

Ok so assuming I've been able to preview the document and it says ready to submit, it should be ok? Even though it's larger than 10mb?
I've heard so many horror stories about this app it makes me nervous. We only wanted to use it because TLS refuse to scan greetings cards and will only scan 10 photos and 10 pages of chat history, which just isn't enough for our 3 year relationship!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:52 pm

jellyhat_mousse wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 pm
Ok so assuming I've been able to preview the document and it says ready to submit, it should be ok? Even though it's larger than 10mb?
I've heard so many horror stories about this app it makes me nervous. We only wanted to use it because TLS refuse to scan greetings cards and will only scan 10 photos and 10 pages of chat history, which just isn't enough for our 3 year relationship!
Presu,me so, expereinced where able to upload way more than 10MB in size.

jellyhat_mousse
Newly Registered

Post by jellyhat_mousse » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

Does anyone have any experience with TLS Contact? We would like to upload some of our documents and submit the rest to the UK Scanning hub. We have the upload option, but when I try to upgrade the appointment to 'Assisted Scanning Settlement', I get an error message. Is this service available to purchase on the day if we have no luck paying for it through their website?? Just to confirm, we don't want to scan our documents at the visa centre in Kiev, we want to send them to the UK Scanning Hub, as the majority are with me (the sponsor) in the UK.
Many thanks for your help!

jellyhat_mousse
Newly Registered

Post by jellyhat_mousse » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 am

Does anyone know if it’s ok to annotate documents in pen?? Since TLS say they will only upload random pages if a chat log is over 10 pages, I want to write page numbers on the bottom, so they can see if pages have been omitted

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:27 pm

jellyhat_mousse wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 am
Does anyone know if it’s ok to annotate documents in pen?? Since TLS say they will only upload random pages if a chat log is over 10 pages, I want to write page numbers on the bottom, so they can see if pages have been omitted
Don't alter/edit anything.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:06 pm

jellyhat_mousse wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:52 am
While the copies of pictures used for my application had the date taken embossed on each of them, i annotated each picture with the location/occasion and other persons that were in some of the pictures, converted the file to PDF, uploaded it and HO had no problem with it and application was successful.
However I did self upload.

jellyhat_mousse
Newly Registered

Post by jellyhat_mousse » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 pm

I wonder if anyone can put my mind at rest. I’m currently panicking a bit because, we had a lawyer assist with our application, and I have only just noticed a small error.

We applied under category B as I have been with my current employer less than 6 months.

On the application form our lawyer has listed my previous employments in the last 12 months, and I see that for one of them, they have put ‘permanent’ as the type, but the employment letter from that job says ‘employed on a contractual basis’, and on the cover letter from our lawyer it also says ‘contractual’ for that position.

Again, this is not for my current salaried position, but for my previous position. I’m really worried because everything has been submitted already including biometrics, but I have only just noticed this mistake on the application form itself.

Does anyone have my experience of their application being refused for something like this? Or any advice? Many thanks 😌

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:35 pm

jellyhat_mousse wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 pm

On the application form our lawyer has listed my previous employments in the last 12 months, and I see that for one of them, they have put ‘permanent’ as the type, but the employment letter from that job says ‘employed on a contractual basis’, and on the cover letter from our lawyer it also says ‘contractual’ for that position.
Although your pedanticism is valid but bit needless as saying 'permanent' is also fine because a lot of contracts are extendable on expiry. And UKVI don't care about the type/pattern of contract provided the income is sufficient till the date of application and on the time when they liaise with employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jellyhat_mousse
Newly Registered

Post by jellyhat_mousse » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Thank you for your reassurance. The waiting game is difficult and I’m just finding things to worry about :roll: