ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing parent on tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Bringing parent on tier 2 general

Post by Sonal007 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 am

I am in uk on tier 2 general. My brother is in india and he is getting an opportunity to work in UK on tier 2 general.
He lives in India with our mother who is our single parent and has medical condition which requires my brother to take care of her.
Is there any visa through which we can bring our mother to UK to come and stay with either him or me for our duration in UK?
We have heard about the family visa which only allows stay of 6 months in a year but that is not what we are looking for.
Any guidance would be helpful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bringing parent on tier 2 general

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:07 pm

Is there any visa through which we can bring our mother to UK to come and stay with either him or me for our duration in UK?
No, there isn't unless she qualifies for any of the visas available in her own right. You cannot sponsor parents as tier 2 dependents.
We have heard about the family visa which only allows stay of 6 months in a year but that is not what we are looking for.
This is a normal visitor visa. If the IO at the airport feels she is using a visitor visa to live and reside in the UK, she can be denied entry and struggle with future visas. To get a visitor visa, she also has to prove her strong ties to her home country, which might be difficult.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Sonal007 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:39 am
I am in uk on tier 2 general. My brother is in india and he is getting an opportunity to work in UK on tier 2 general.
He lives in India with our mother who is our single parent and has medical condition which requires my brother to take care of her.
Any guidance would be helpful
Even if you were British, it would have been nearly impossible to bring her. As the previous poster said, the visitor visa is not to "stay 6 months a year". Some people have multi-year visitor visa but they cannot live in the UK then go home just to reset the clock.

Sonal007
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sonal007 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Thanks for your reply. It helps a lot.