ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany: Visa for Chinese citizen who spouse of German

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BenS
Newly Registered
Germany

Germany: Visa for Chinese citizen who spouse of German

Post by BenS » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:55 am

Hello,

I am a German citizen and my wife is a Chinese citizen. We are both living in the UK. My wife does not have any of these residency cards that would allow her to travel without a visa inside the EU.
We would like to take a short trip to Germany in September and maybe again around Christmas. My understanding was that she could apply for a visa as the spouse of a EU citizen. The website of visametric London states that only a reduced set of documents is required for this. It seems like we do not even have to provide flight tickets: https://www.visametric.com/storage/imag ... 032020.pdf
However, now I am reading that in a similar case as ours the visa got rejected, so now I am getting very concerned
https://www.immigrationboards.com/europ ... 98292.html
Does anyone here know if it is really possible for my wife to apply for a visa as EU citizen spouse? Maybe someone here has direct experience with this?
My wife has a full time job at a British university and we are happy to provide documentation on this, so it should be believable that we are not trying to use a short term visit visa for a relocation to Germany.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Germany: Visa for Chinese citizen who spouse of German

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:08 am

Hello

I have seen a case like this a few month ago (not online but people I know).

The website is confusing and after reading it, people often are confused.

Flight ticket is NOT required.

Always get the VIP option at the visa centre. As if things are a bit off, they help you to fix them rather then sending you home. As a VIP client, they have more time for you.

She needs to apply as a wife of a German citizen. Otherwise, the visa would be more complex.

The visa is FREE but she still pays for the fees of the processing visa centre.

Germans don't give generous visas these days. Women married to German for many years + German kids, she is lucky if they give her a 3-month visa.

Again, be careful what you apply for. If you make a mistake, you may end-up with a visa valid only for GERMANY and not Schengen area. But the visa centre is very helpful and will clarify that for you and help you applying under the correct category.

Take the original passport of the German citizen + employment proof + residence proof (all for the German citizen) + marriage certificate.

BenS
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by BenS » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:30 am

Many thanks for the fast reply. Is employment proof for the German citizen (me) necessary? I am in the process of changing jobs and need to go through a non-compete period before joining a new firm in the UK (my previous employer was also in the UK), so technically I would be unemployed right now, even though I have a legally binding offer letter and employment contract starting in December with the new firm and can also proof with my bank statements that I have enough cash to cover both of our expenses for the trip

BenS
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by BenS » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:39 am

also, it says they need a "proof of address in Germany". We will be staying at my parents' house. So, would it be sufficient if I write a letter stating that we will stay at this address?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:33 pm

You can write a letter. Actually my friend did. So prepare a letter. State that you are German. Give you DOB, passport number... and explain that you would like to visit Germany with your wife and you will stay at XYZ address.

My friend was working and he submitted 3 payslips + a letter from the HR department of his company.

If you don't work, try to provide bank statements and explain your current situation in the letter. Add some documents to show that you actually live in the UK.