ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarabaksa
Newly Registered
Korea South

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by sarabaksa » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 pm
masouds wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:35 am
Thank you. I can only see links to upload optional documents not for mandatory ones! Can someone please help?
This is normal. The website works like this. Ignore the mandatory and optional headings. Just upload in whichever category fits the best.

I have a quick question please, when uploading passport scans, should I scan every single page of my passport and compile into one pdf document to upload?

I have 2 passports so I'm guessing I need to upload in one big file.

Thank you!

FazT28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FazT28 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:38 pm

[/quote]

1) Prices vary according to locations and type of centre.

2) No.

3) You dont have to worry about that. The date of application is the date you pay and submit. Biometrics date is irrelevant. You have submitted your application in time and now you are covered via Section 3C. Your rights to work and all other current visa conditions will continue till a decision is made on your new application.
[/quote]

Thank you for the reply. I was under the impression that Employer submit the checks using Employer checking service and you are not covered under section 3C until home office reply to your employer and confirm that I have submitted application in time and my current status is valid until 6 more months. Is it not correct?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:50 pm

sarabaksa wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:30 pm

I have a quick question please, when uploading passport scans, should I scan every single page of my passport and compile into one pdf document to upload?

I have 2 passports so I'm guessing I need to upload in one big file.

Thank you!
Make one PDF/passport if you can manage the size under 6MB. You can also use PDF compressor to reduce the size if needed. Always best to upload full passport including the blank pages.
Note, you only need passport(s) covering your 5 year qualifying period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:55 pm

FazT28 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:38 pm
Thank you for the reply. I was under the impression that Employer submit the checks using Employer checking service and you are not covered under section 3C until home office reply to your employer and confirm that I have submitted application in time and my current status is valid until 6 more months. Is it not correct?
You are covered under Section 3c once you submit your application in time. Visa expiry has nothing to do with it. You are covered by Section 3c till a decision is made on your new application, if you have made an in time application.
ECS is valid for 6 months before the employer needs to do it again.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:59 pm

is there any difference between submitting supporting documents now or until appointment? does it expedite the process if we upload earlier?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:01 pm

masouds wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:59 pm
is there any difference between submitting supporting documents now or until appointment? does it expedite the process if we upload earlier?
You can not loose anything if you submit via the portal. It can only be beneficial. Make sure your documents are complete before you hit the submit button as you get this option once. You can submit more at your appointment/via IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:29 pm

Many Thanks .

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:30 pm

It seems no new information about the IDV app,I decided to opt out now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm

Important Points:
Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.
Rollout of the UKVCAS IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. UKVI confirms which customers are eligible to use the UKVCAS IDV app as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.
We are continuing to open up the booking system in date order, we have currently released appointments to customers whose applications were received by UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020.
Our appointment booking service is now displaying all dates up to 13 September 2020. Currently new dates are NOT released every night. We will inform you in one of our website status updates, if this changes.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Important Points:

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.
Rollout of the UKVCAS IDV app will take place in phases, beginning in August. UKVI confirms which customers are eligible to use the UKVCAS IDV app as UKVI can use biometrics you have previously provided.
We are continuing to open up the booking system in date order, we have currently released appointments to customers whose applications were received by UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020.
Our appointment booking service is now displaying all dates up to 13 September 2020. Currently new dates are NOT released every night. We will inform you in one of our website status updates, if this changes.
I'm a July applicant, can't see any available appointments yet. (I got the reuse email)

arethere
Newly Registered

Post by arethere » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:55 pm

Is there anyone who applied for an ILR in July that hasn't heard back yet?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:56 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:53 pm
I'm a July applicant, can't see any available appointments yet. (I got the reuse email)

You have to wait for the IDV app as you are in the reuse pool unless you choose to OPT OUT by 10th Aug 5pm(if you have received an email).
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tbp

Post by tbp » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 pm
The uploaded files are manually checked by UKVCAS staff before the function is activated.

@tbp Where did you get this info??
When I was at UKVCAS last time I enrolled my biometrics, the lady at the counter checked the files that I uploaded the last minute. She told me that the initial files that I uploaded were fine but the files that I uploaded very recently, weren't quality checked yet, and she did that during my appointment by opening each file one by one.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:59 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:53 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Important Points:

Why can’t I book an appointment?

At the current time, we are continuing to only open the booking system to existing registered customers in date order, working from the earliest to the latest date we received applications. If you are not on the date list, are eligible for biometric reuse or are a new customer, you will not be yet able to see or book available appointments on our website.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:59 pm

They keep saying there are new service points open. But for example, the new one at her majesty London Victoria, there is no opening time for it. They say it is open on week 3/8 meaning it has been open for a week. Even after they updated the news - new opening service point on 4th August and today, this service point remains blank. No information. Also one user claimed last week there is nothing at this service point. And it is supposed to be a core - similar to Corydon.

I can’t stop myself doubting this is a trap from UKvcas to hook more people opt out. Shameless

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:03 pm

tbp wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 pm
The uploaded files are manually checked by UKVCAS staff before the function is activated.

@tbp Where did you get this info??
When I was at UKVCAS last time I enrolled my biometrics, the lady at the counter checked the files that I uploaded the last minute. She told me that the initial files that I uploaded were fine but the files that I uploaded very recently, weren't quality checked yet, and she did that during my appointment by opening each file one by one.
In normal circumstances:

If you pay for the documents checking service(DCS), your documents are checked. You have to upload your documents at least 48 hours before your appointment.

Regardless, even if you have not paid for the service, the staff checks and makes sure all documents are uploaded correctly at your appointment.

In my opinion, paying for the DCS is not worth it.

Having said that, the new “submit” feature appeared via UKVCAS portal on 10th July.

There is no guarantee that the documents are checked BEFORE the feature is open to view.

Some members have posted viewing the option once all documents have been uploaded, sign out and sign in again.

This new submit button feature has nothing to do with staff checking your documents before releasing this button.

It is open for all.

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:16 pm

I've bitten the bullet and decided to 'opt out'. Considering I've now been waiting since April to get my application moving, anything to move it along I am prepared to do. Reading the email they sent out, it pretty clearly states that you should probably 'opt out' if you need it urgently or need to travel at any point soon. This kind of leads me to believe that they already think the rollout of the app might not be a smooth process, so don't want customers using it who need application sorting anytime soon.

I'm prepared to pay the extra cash to just be done and finished with this whole thing now.

Nilang
Mood:

Post by Nilang » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:40 pm

Please post those who receive emails from UKVCAS after sending them OPT OUT emails before 7th or before 10th August??

Huss11
Newly Registered

Post by Huss11 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi everyone i applied on june 15 set M still have not received any emails about the reuse of biometrics has anyone else still not received email as of of yet

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:26 pm

Huss11 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi everyone i applied on june 15 set M still have not received any emails about the reuse of biometrics has anyone else still not received email as of of yet
Did you check your junk folder?

In the meanwhile, log in to your UKVCAS account and check if you are able to view any appointment slots?

A couple members previously have reported to view the slots (even without an email), in which case probably the email was not pushed through successfully and they were chosen to attend biometrics.

masouds
Iran

Post by masouds » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:48 pm

I added another document after submitting to UKVCAS but cannot see submit button again, is that normal when we add more documents?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:49 pm

masouds wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:48 pm
I added another document after submitting to UKVCAS but cannot see submit button again, is that normal when we add more documents?
You can only submit ONCE. You can upload more documents now but will not be able to submit. You will be able to add more documents at your appointment/via IDV app.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:14 pm

i hv now received the re-use email as well (applied 15th July) and not sure what path to chose, app or appointment.

do we have any record of any1 opting out and being given appointments immediataiely, I think 10th Aug is only the second batch and 7th Aug is the first battch - may be for June applicants ?

I hv loogged into UKVACS and understandably do not see any appointments.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:31 pm

n8net wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:14 pm
i hv now received the re-use email as well (applied 15th July) and not sure what path to chose, app or appointment.

do we have any record of any1 opting out and being given appointments immediataiely, I think 10th Aug is only the second batch and 7th Aug is the first battch - may be for June applicants ?

I hv loogged into UKVACS and understandably do not see any appointments.
There are two people got appointments around page 88. One is called summer something. The other one’s name start with b