ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 am

quote=alisattar09 post_id=1921798 time=1596932643 user_id=205285]
Yes you are free to travel.

PS the date of application is the date you pay and submit online. As long you meet all requirements on that day, biometrics date is irrelevant.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alisattar09
Pakistan

Post by alisattar09 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:38 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 am
quote=alisattar09 post_id=1921798 time=1596932643 user_id=205285]
Yes you are free to travel.

PS the date of application is the date you pay and submit online. As long you meet all requirements on that day, biometrics date is irrelevant.
I really appreciate all your responses. You have clarified all my doubts.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:40 am

alisattar09 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:38 am

Welcome. If you have any more questions feel free to start a new topic in the BC forum specific to your questions and keep all your questions under one topic. Just so you know this is a biometrics appointment related only topic. Thanks

Edit: Continue in your existing thread

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1897117
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:21 am

skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 pm
skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Latest UKVCAS update 8th August:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
So now they have changed the wording regarding IDV APP.

Previously they said : IDV App will launch beginning of August
Now they are saying: IDV App will launch beginning August.

Money making machine !!
You got some strong observation skills 😁
Hahahah just frustrating that’s all lol. I bet they will launch the App end of August just to keep their words 😂😂
Or, they can still release the app at the beginning of August 2021 to keep their words.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:34 am

amazingneo wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:21 am
skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 pm
skasyap wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm

So now they have changed the wording regarding IDV APP.

Previously they said : IDV App will launch beginning of August
Now they are saying: IDV App will launch beginning August.

Money making machine !!
You got some strong observation skills 😁
Hahahah just frustrating that’s all lol. I bet they will launch the App end of August just to keep their words 😂😂
Or, they can still release the app at the beginning of August 2021 to keep their words.
I wouldn’t be surprise if we get the next email saying due to technical difficulties IDV app can’t be launched so book biometric appointment again.

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:57 am

Anyone got any communication from UKVCAS? (Today is 10th so I was expecting something to be in my inbox when I wake up)

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 am

amazingneo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:57 am
Anyone got any communication from UKVCAS? (Today is 10th so I was expecting something to be in my inbox when I wake up)
It will probably be after 1700, these guy's are playing games. They will probably wait until the final group's deadline of today opt-out passes.
It's like playing with our minds, roulette style. Madness

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 am

Goldfinger1 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 am
amazingneo wrote:
It will probably be after 1700, these guy's are playing games. They will probably wait until the final group's deadline of today opt-out passes.
I have a feeling that their UI designers deliberately put the 'book the appointment' button at the bottom of the page, then names of the centres to look for further down on next page, browsing through every single centre one by one (impossible to go to any centre without entering the nearest post code, requiring few more wasteful keystrokes), and even a single view of all the 4-weeks period with appointment is not possible, you have to keep on clicking NEXT-NEXT-NEXT. Talk about user-friendliness in the website in 2020. Ohh, and those cookies check-in box everytime you login, and then enter the secure-access-code sent out to email Id on random occasions. I am just glad they do not show 'Identify and click the traffic lights' captcha on every single login :)

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Goldfinger1 wrote:
amazingneo wrote:
I wonder why IDV app is not available yet on APP Store, that is the real question ?? If it is not available yet then when ??

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:01 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:34 pm
Goldfinger1 wrote:
amazingneo wrote:
I wonder why IDV app is not available yet on APP Store, that is the real question ?? If it is not available yet then when ??
I don't think UKVI ever said it will be available on the 10th. I think the communication from UKVI mentioned that it will become available at some point in August.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:16 pm

passat wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:01 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:34 pm
Goldfinger1 wrote:
amazingneo wrote:
I don't think UKVI ever said it will be available on the 10th. I think the communication from UKVI mentioned that it will become available at some point in August.
Agree you are right, but when I see people getting their application approved even though they applied more than month after me kind of frustrates me quite a lot.
These kind of questions I would like to ask directly to UKVI AND UKVCAS but unfortunately they don’t give a damn about it.

Waiting waiting and waiting !!!!!!!!!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:23 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:16 pm
but when I see people getting their application approved even though they applied more than month after me kind of frustrates me quite a lot.
But the same people are waiting for their ceremony invitation letters and still stuck.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:23 pm
skasyap wrote:
but when I see people getting their application approved even though they applied more than month after me kind of frustrates me quite a lot.
But the same people are waiting for their ceremony invitation letters and still stuck.
🤣🤣 I completely forgot about that lol

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 am

skasyap wrote:
Agree you are right, but when I see people getting their application approved even though they applied more than month after me kind of frustrates me quite a lot.
These kind of questions I would like to ask directly to UKVI AND UKVCAS but unfortunately they don’t give a damn about it.

I am in the same boat. I applied on 6th May and still waiting due to the unfortunate occurrence of becoming eligible for bio-metric reuse.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am

passat wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 am
skasyap wrote:

I am in the same boat. I applied on 6th May and still waiting due to the unfortunate occurrence of becoming eligible for bio-metric reuse.
Keep us posted on your application progress!! I kind of stop hoping anything now from UKVCAS and UKVI. Absolutely joke it is that there is no acknowledgement for their biometric reuse failure.

One of the Twitter comment : All the directors and managers of the UKVI and UKVCAS behind this mess should be investigated and prosecuted for their incompetence. They need to learn a lesson. Otherwise they will carry on torturing people as they see themselves above the law.

fanta

Post by fanta » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:04 am

skasyap wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am
passat wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Keep us posted on your application progress!! I kind of stop hoping anything now from UKVCAS and UKVI. Absolutely joke it is that there is no acknowledgement for their biometric reuse failure.

One of the Twitter comment : All the directors and managers of the UKVI and UKVCAS behind this mess should be investigated and prosecuted for their incompetence. They need to learn a lesson. Otherwise they will carry on torturing people as they see themselves above the law.
Applied 2nd April. I know there is backlog at every stage of the process but it frustrates me that we are not even past the first stage!! It is very frustrating that the current delay is not the actual decision-making process but getting an appointment for biometrics! I opted out last Tuesday and still waiting for the email...

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 am

fanta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:04 am
skasyap wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:47 am
passat wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Applied 2nd April. I know there is backlog at every stage of the process but it frustrates me that we are not even past the first stage!! It is very frustrating that the current delay is not the actual decision-making process but getting an appointment for biometrics! I opted out last Tuesday and still waiting for the email...
Hi all,

I got a feeling that applications are being processed now and wait will be only for facial image. Once IDV app launched and we submit facial image , it should be matter of just couple of days. I hope IDV app should be able to be used eve from abroad , because possible may be quite q few of us will be travelling at that time. Let us hope for best .

Uma Dutt

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:21 am

I applied on early April as well and opted in for the biometrics via app but nothing so far. This is absolute torture.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm

The applications are definitely being processed. I am also within the "waiting for the app group" but got my solicitor got a call last week asking for some additional documents. So they are definitely reviewing the case. I submitted the documents through UKVCAS website once that option became available

fanta

Post by fanta » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm

londonent wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm
The applications are definitely being processed. I am also within the "waiting for the app group" but got my solicitor got a call last week asking for some additional documents. So they are definitely reviewing the case. I submitted the documents through UKVCAS website once that option became available
That is good to hear. I have always been under the impression that they start considering the application after the biometrics.

K1712
Newly Registered
India

Post by K1712 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi
Has anyone been lucky to get an update to book biometric after opting out for IDV after yesterday’s deadline?

Thanks

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 pm

fanta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm
londonent wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm
That is good to hear. I have always been under the impression that they start considering the application after the biometrics.
Yes, so did I but I think with the delays they have maybe adopted a new procedure. Like I said - this has been my experience personally, so I can say for certain

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm

Also note, many members have posted to receive decisions within 3-10 days after providing biometrics (those who were chosen to ATTEND biometrics appointment.)
That probably hints that cases are being processed even without biometrics.

fanta

Post by fanta » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:29 pm

I hope so. In normal circumstances, you can get the fee refunded if you have not already given your biometric information. So it may be a waste of effort for HO if they start processing the application and the applicant withdraws before the biometrics.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:34 pm

fanta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:29 pm
That was my thought also. I believe, the whole OPT IN scenario is like a consent for HO to go ahead.