ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Academic or General??

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mshakeel2002
United States of America

IELTS Academic or General??

Post by mshakeel2002 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello:
My brother and sister are applying for Startup Visa, but they are confused if they need to show IELTS academic or IELTS General....

Requirement says CEFR Level B2..... Can my Brother show IELTS Academic and Sister IELTS General?

Do they accept IELTS General?

Please Help.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IELTS Academic or General??

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:04 pm

IELTS SELT Consortium B2. IELTS Academic is usually for student visas.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .2020_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Post by mshakeel2002 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:55 pm

Hello:
Yes but this is Startup / Innovator visa.

Do you think IELTS for UKVI (General) will be acceptable ?

secondly

Do you think if IELTS for UKVI (Academic) is given then it may get refused since its for student visa?

can you please help.

Thanks

QR0228
inactive
Egypt

Post by QR0228 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:45 am

IELTS VI also tests CEFR B2 level and many professions like engineering, medicine etc. require that instead of IELTS General. So, I doubt your siblings would be penalised for taking this test over General. British Council also mentions that both General and Academic are accepted for different sorts of visas provided the candidate satisfies the score requirement for the CEFR level: https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ta ... ukvi/score

If you're still in doubt, you should confirm this with the local British Council as well but it shouldn't be a massive roadblock provided your siblings get the requisite score.

QR0228
inactive
Egypt

Post by QR0228 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:47 am

IELTS for UKVI Academic scores can also demonstrate CEFR B2 level and many professions like engineering, medicine etc. require that instead of IELTS General. So, I doubt your siblings would be penalised for taking this test over General. British Council website also mentions that both General and Academic are accepted for different sorts of visas provided the candidate satisfies the score requirement for the CEFR level.

If you're still in doubt, you should confirm this with the local British Council as well but it shouldn't be a massive roadblock provided your siblings get the requisite score.