ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tbp

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by tbp » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 am

Instead of putting an "OPT OUT" button on UKVCAS website, they asked us to email them manually to opt out. Obviously it is taking them time to manually sort out hundreds of emails. All we needed to do is click the OPT OUT button since the beginning of this nonsense and be able to book appointment. And those who wanted to wait for an APP could wait. SIMPLES!

What kind of technology company is this? They are not even able to sort out simple things. I am not even going to talk about the issues around user experience of the website or acknowledgement emails or issues around communication etc. UKVI and UKVCAS are continuing to fail collectively.

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:44 am

tbp wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 am
Instead of putting an "OPT OUT" button on UKVCAS website, they asked us to email them manually to opt out. Obviously it is taking them time to manually sort out hundreds of emails. All we needed to do is click the OPT OUT button since the beginning of this nonsense and be able to book appointment. And those who wanted to wait for an APP could wait. SIMPLES!

What kind of technology company is this? They are not even able to sort out simple things. I am not even going to talk about the issues around user experience of the website or acknowledgement emails or issues around communication etc. UKVI and UKVCAS are continuing to fail collectively.
they had all the previous week to collect opt out emails, but I agree with you...

Quickresponse

Post by Quickresponse » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:54 am

How much they charging for core centre and enhance service appointments Now ? Same rates or has been changed ?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:02 pm

tbp wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 am

Are we witnessing a repeat of the much touted "worldclass Contact Tracing App"?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:09 pm

My honest thought is that they will open up booking today. The reason for them saying to expect the email this week is that for some reason their mail servers seem to be very slow and appears to send out emails over several days.
I also think that if it was not today, 5pm seems to be an odd deadline if they didn’t want to send out mails today. They could have just said before 11:59pm Monday or something to that effect.

Thought I’d add my own conjectures :)

usernameswan
Newly Registered

Post by usernameswan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:30 pm

someone applied in July already got the decision, great news for them again, but where is the fairness for march, april, may applicants?!
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1180.html

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:32 pm

as 5 pm today is deadline . so last chance for me. shall o opt-out guys ?

i have applied for spouse on 7th of july. not in too hurry but i have uploaded all docs already . for new app not sure if i need to upload again in new app.

also i am bit worried that not sure if the app will be simple to use.

so double minded to opt-out or not.

please give your opinion.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:34 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:32 pm
Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:09 pm
My honest thought is that they will open up booking today. The reason for them saying to expect the email this week is that for some reason their mail servers seem to be very slow and appears to send out emails over several days.
I also think that if it was not today, 5pm seems to be an odd deadline if they didn’t want to send out mails today. They could have just said before 11:59pm Monday or something to that effect.

Will their email contain a special link to book appointments? All they have to do I assume is inform the people who Opted out that their accounts have been enabled to book appointments now...

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:38 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:

Will their email contain a special link to book appointments? All they have to do I assume is inform the people who Opted out that their accounts have been enabled to book appointments now...
Do you have that special link (I might as well try ;) )?

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:36 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:

No, I dont think there will be a special link.

mcc1380
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by mcc1380 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi All,
About 2 hours left for me to decide if I want to "OPT OUT" or do nothing to use the IDV app. It would be immensely helpful if someone help answer few questions ...

1) Has anyone who has chosen to "OPT OUT", been able to see and book appointment?
2) if so, when and where was the appoitnment booked?
3) Has anyone actually seen\heard that the IDV app was on trial at some point?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:58 pm

mcc1380 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 pm
1) None reported so far
2) N/A
3) No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ukresident01
Newly Registered

Post by ukresident01 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:07 pm

mcc1380 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 pm
Hi All,
About 2 hours left for me to decide if I want to "OPT OUT" or do nothing to use the IDV app. It would be immensely helpful if someone help answer few questions ...

1) Has anyone who has chosen to "OPT OUT", been able to see and book appointment?
2) if so, when and where was the appoitnment booked?
3) Has anyone actually seen\heard that the IDV app was on trial at some point?

Thanks
I was in the reuse group but silly me, i chose to opt out. I dont think its a good move to opt because the app is there to speed up the process and considering the ongoing pandemic some area might be in the lockdown which may impact the availability of appointments. Just have some patience and it will pay off. I am regretting that I have opt out...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:11 pm

ukresident01 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:07 pm
I was in the reuse group but silly me, i chose to opt out. I dont think its a good move to opt because the app is there to speed up the process and considering the ongoing pandemic some area might be in the lockdown which may impact the availability of appointments. Just have some patience and it will pay off. I am regretting that I have opt out...
Have you ever heard the phrase:
The grass is always greener on the other side
This whole situation is similar to that.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm

hi, i opted out a few days ago,do we need to wait for their email asking us to book appointment or i need to check the ukvcas site my self and if i login to my ukvcas account ,can keep it on for long time or i need to logout and repeat this when i want to check,thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Fivem wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm
Most likely you will receive an email with a link to book. But there is no harm checking your UKVCAS account regularly (not fanatically) also. It is a new evolving situation and there is no clear pattern for it.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 pm

I am trying to log in to UKVCAS account (time: 15:40 10/08/2020) and after inserting my details all I can see the page is:
Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...

Hopefully they are loading appointments onto website or may be its just the OPT OUT people, like myself, are harassing the website. Just guessing :P :D :? :oops:

Whole situation is just causing depression. We can’t help.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:54 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:50 pm
I am trying to log in to UKVCAS account (time: 15:40 10/08/2020) and after inserting my details all I can see the page is:
Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...Loading...

Hopefully they are loading appointments onto website or may be its just the OPT OUT people, like myself, are harassing the website. Just guessing :P :D :? :oops:

Whole situation is just causing depression. We can’t help.
I just logged in.
Smooth and nothing as per

nddinar
Newly Registered
India

Post by nddinar » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Looks OPT OUT has opted-out everyone..

Wait continues!!

Ptnbbr
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Ptnbbr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:16 pm

nddinar wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:55 pm
Looks OPT OUT has opted-out everyone..

Wait continues!!
Well, UKVCAS email was saying "during the week commencing 10 August", but naturally we all expected it today, I personally wait since April, so yes, another day is lost... :twisted:

londonuk9

Post by londonuk9 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi

I will just use IDV app ....and lets see what ahppned?

I did not send an email for OPT-OUT.

As I am not in rush and I believe on app we will get more faster response ( once is up and running)....

Let's see all what happened in the coming days?

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:55 pm

i didnt opt out too.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Sticking to my original gut feeling... once IDV is released, it should be quick..Still opted IN.
Let's hope for the best!!

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Post by AnILRApplicant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:13 pm

for those who have opted out - if you could be kind enough to let us know when you get an appt, that would be great