ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (O) Application Scan all passport pages?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set O application query

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of filling Set O ILR application form and i have couple of questions while filling the form:

Question 1:

I answered the following for the English language section i.e. mentioned i passed the B1 English certificate
Do you have a degree that was taught in English? Yes
Country your degree was taught in India
Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? No
English language - degree taught in English
Have you passed an approved English language test? Yes

Did the test assess your speaking and listening skills at a level equivalent to CEFR B1 or higher? Yes
How did you get your result? Online reference number
Awarding body -Trinity London Kings Cross SELT Centre
But in the documents section, it asks me to provide the NARIC certificate rather than English language test certificate.
NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched
Can i still provide the English Test B1 certificate and mention i have only this in a separate cover letter?

Question 2

For my dependent ( spouse ) do i need to provide the absences from UK for last 5 years or only from 11 January 2018 ?

In the application it says :
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? Yes
Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018? Yes
Please let me know if i need to mention absence for my dependent for last 5 years or only from 11 January 2018

Thanks alot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set O application query

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Multiple usernames are not permitted on the forum!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/membe ... kumar0907/

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... 11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Question 1
If you are using the English test, then you answer NO to the degree question. The degree question is ONLY relevant to meeting the English requirement.

Question 2
It depends when the most recent dependent visa was issued. if it was issued on or after 11 January 2018 then you only state absences from that date. If the current dependent visa was issued before this date, then there is NO absence limit and nothing needs to be declared.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:30 pm
Multiple usernames are not permitted on the forum!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/membe ... kumar0907/

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... 11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin

Apologies i forgot my earlier username password. I tried to reset the password by clicking forgot password? but no rest email has been received so created a new one. Can i continue using the current username rahulkumar090789 ?

feel free to delete the old one or please reactivate the old one

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:33 pm
Question 1
If you are using the English test, then you answer NO to the degree question. The degree question is ONLY relevant to meeting the English requirement.

Question 2
It depends when the most recent dependent visa was issued. if it was issued on or after 11 January 2018 then you only state absences from that date. If the current dependent visa was issued before this date, then there is NO absence limit and nothing needs to be declared.
Thanks alot! that makes sense

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks alot!

On question 1 :

when i answer NO to the degree question, on the documents section there are no documents requested related to English language requirement ? is that ok ? Just confused if i am doing anything wrong

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:01 pm

No to degree question and yes to English test question.

You can still upload the test certificate if you have one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set (O) Submission query

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:57 am

Hello members,

I am sure this topic has been discussed before but apologies i tried to find the topic but couldn't find it.

I have submitted and paid for my ILR application standard service in UKVI website last week . Now my question is

1. Will UKVI consider the application has been submitted and start the '26 weeks timelines' from the day i submitted and paid in UKVI site or only from the date i upload all documents in UKVCAS documents and submit in UKVCAS site ?

2. Also i understand UKVI is prioritizing the biometric reuse / UKVCAS appointments based on the dates the application submitted. Again the same question as 1. is it the date based on the application submitted in UKVI website or date the documents uploaded and submitted in UKVCAS site ?

Thanks for clarifying.

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Set (O) Submission query

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:11 am

Anyone has an idea on this?

Any lead would be very useful

Thanks

arjay

Post by arjay » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 am

rahulkumar090789 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:57 am
Hello members,

I am sure this topic has been discussed before but apologies i tried to find the topic but couldn't find it.

I have submitted and paid for my ILR application standard service in UKVI website last week . Now my question is

1. Will UKVI consider the application has been submitted and start the '26 weeks timelines' from the day i submitted and paid in UKVI site or only from the date i upload all documents in UKVCAS documents and submit in UKVCAS site ?

2. Also i understand UKVI is prioritizing the biometric reuse / UKVCAS appointments based on the dates the application submitted. Again the same question as 1. is it the date based on the application submitted in UKVI website or date the documents uploaded and submitted in UKVCAS site ?

Thanks for clarifying.
They will work from the date you submitted your online application.

In the meantime, make sure you upload your documents. When you have done that there will be a button allowing you to "submit" the uploaded documents onwards to UKVI (after which you cannot change them).

Then keep watching for emails about whether they can reuse existing biometric data, or whether they need you to book a biometric appointment. They will advise you of this by email.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:44 am

arjay wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:37 am
rahulkumar090789 wrote:
Hello members,

Thanks for clarifying.

In the meantime, make sure you upload your documents. When you have done that there will be a button allowing you to "submit" the uploaded documents onwards to UKVI (after which you cannot change them).

Then keep watching for emails about whether they can reuse existing biometric data, or whether they need you to book a biometric appointment. They will advise you of this by email.
I submitted in July and received the biometric reuse email in August, before I uploaded and submited documents, so by that logic the date of online application/submisson is considered by them, in my view.

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:20 am

arjay wrote:
rahulkumar090789 wrote:
Hello members,

Thanks for clarifying.

Thank you Arjay that makes sense

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:21 am

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:44 am
arjay wrote:
rahulkumar090789 wrote:
Hello members,

Thanks for clarifying.

I submitted in July and received the biometric reuse email in August, before I uploaded and submited documents, so by that logic the date of online application/submisson is considered by them, in my view.
Thanks alot for your response will keep looking for emails

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set (O) Application Scan all passport pages?

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:41 am

Hi Members

I have submitted and paid for my set ( O ) ILR application and in the process of uploading documents in UKVCAS site and have few questions

1. While uploading the passport pages, do i need just scan and upload the front and back pages or the stamped pages or all the pages in the passport ?

2. If i need to upload the stamped or all pages in passport from which date i need to scan the pages ? is it the date from which the current application is based? i.e last 5 years

3. Does the same rule (as 1 and 2) applies for my dependent or spouse as well ?

Would be grateful if someone clarifies this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set (O) Application Scan all passport pages?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:44 am

Topics merged!! Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic.
1. While uploading the passport pages, do i need just scan and upload the front and back pages or the stamped pages or all the pages in the passport ?

ALL stamped pages and the biometric page.
2. If i need to upload the stamped or all pages in passport from which date i need to scan the pages ? is it the date from which the current application is based? i.e last 5 years
Yes, since date of entry on tier 2.
Biometric page if dependent only has a visa issued before 11th January 2018. If a visa was issued after this date, absence limits apply and stamped pages must be uploaded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Set (O) Application Scan all passport pages?

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:44 am
Topics merged!! Please keep all your questions on the same application in one topic.

ALL stamped pages and the biometric page.
Yes, since date of entry on tier 2.
Biometric page if dependent only has a visa issued before 11th January 2018. If a visa was issued after this date, absence limits apply and stamped pages must be uploaded.
thanks CR001 for your reply. That makes sense. and i will keep all questions on same topic.