ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part 3 of consent form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jnjpj
Newly Registered
United States of America

Part 3 of consent form

Post by jnjpj » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:31 pm

I have recently applied for an additional extension of my spouse visa, and I could use a bit of help with my understanding of the consent form.

On the consent form I submitted, I completed Part 1, my husband completed Part 2, and we left Part 3 blank. I do not have a third party sponsor for my application. All bills and statements are only in the names of myself and my husband.

I had a look at my previous extension with a virtually identical application. At that time, I left Part 3 of the consent form entirely blank without any issues.

Today I received an email from a UKVI caseworker stating the following:
When looking through your application it seems you have provided an incomplete Part 3: Consent form for Home Office to verify information from third party Sponsor.
I have no idea what I have missed here! Before I email back asking for clarification, I am hoping for some confirmation that my understanding of Part 3 is correct. Am I right to think that the form should be blank in this instance?

Many thanks to anyone who is able to help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Part 3 of consent form

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:50 pm

I always remain inclined to never leave anything blank rather always use the word "N/A", so that the other person (decision maker) never misjudges it as whether it has been left blank erroneously.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:53 am

Definitely agree with seagul's advice, that's pretty much what I did and I had no issues. You could also reply to the email explaining why the form was left blank and perhaps that would be sufficient for them to proceed.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:47 am

I do agree with the comment above however, I have seen cases where the consent form was left blank and the applicants had no issues whatsoever so caseworkers are different to each other.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

jnjpj
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jnjpj » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 pm

Thanks to everyone for their help in confirming that I don't need to complete Part 3.

I ended up replying to the caseworker's email with an explanation that Part 3 of the consent form was not relevant to my application. As they had asked for it to be completed and returned, I also submitted a scan of the form on which I simply wrote 'N/A' .