ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

U Aziz
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by U Aziz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Nothing really! I presume it got to do with the backlog..
Hopefully we should start getting our invitations soon..
I suggest we should continue calling them to keep some pressure on😂😂

slavipg
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by slavipg » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:32 pm

U Aziz wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:27 pm
Just spoke to Nationality support team on ‭0300 123 2253‬ this afternoon.
They are saying that we should wait for the invitation letter btw 4-8 weeks after the decision date printed on the approval.
In my case it’s another 2 weeks before I can call them again.
Thought to share as this might help to some members in the similar situation.
Thanks
Thanks for that share mate,
I am waithing 10 weeks already, more likely 4-8 weeks after the council resumed the ceremonies, i contacted them by email a month ago too, the respond was - paperworks have not printed yet. Today sent another one, lets see what is going to happen next few days, but some people might be in holiday now as well, it might come in a month time, cheers

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:29 pm

My decision was made in March I haven’t had invitation letter yet means may June have to wait more I send complain email to Home office on their complain id.
I fail to understand why they not printing certificate When council have resumed services Last month they said wait 2 weeks and it’s been 4 weeks still no luck.

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:31 pm

U Aziz wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:27 pm
Just spoke to Nationality support team on ‭0300 123 2253‬ this afternoon.
They are saying that we should wait for the invitation letter btw 4-8 weeks after the decision date printed on the approval.
In my case it’s another 2 weeks before I can call them again.
Thought to share as this might help to some members in the similar situation.
Thanks
It's been over 10 weeks since I received my decision letter and no invitation. It doesn't seem like they are making any progress.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi there

The same people told me this evening that HO updated them that it js 8-12 weeks from the decision date🙄

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm

AC12 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Moa7 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm
AC12 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 pm
I've received a letter from my council confirming what they told me on the phone on Monday - it states they've received my naturalization certificate and in order to attend a ceremony, I would need the HO invitation letter. Let's see how long that takes- hopefully before the second wave kicks in !
I received my invitation letter today too, its dated 18 March. I contacted my council and they've said they'll call me back this week to book me into a ceremony.
Nice !

Won't be surprised if we attend the ceremony on the same date too haha !!
Hi AC12, any luck with a ceremony yet? I'm still waiting for my council to call me back to book a ceremony in

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:47 pm
Hi there

The same people told me this evening that HO updated them that it js 8-12 weeks from the decision date🙄
Hi there,

Is that what the HO said to you?

It has been 10 weeks since I got my decision. I have waited for so long already, so I think I will hang in there another 2 weeks :cry: . Hopefully I get in the next 2 weeks.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Learning18 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:09 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Hi there

Hi there,

It has been 10 weeks since I got my decision. I have waited for so long already, so I think I will hang in there another 2 weeks :cry: . Hopefully I get in the next 2 weeks.

Yes today

Good luck

Small

Post by Small » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 pm

It’s puzzling 🤔, who would receive the invitation letter, council or applicant or both? If council gets the letter first then applicant have to wait or vice versa? Sounds like a viscous circle.
I contacted my council today and they have no idea how and when they would start the reply was:
Dear xxxx
Thank you for your email.
We have been advised that we are able to hold Citizenship ceremonies once again. We have also been advised that there is a possibility of doing this virtually so we are currently looking into options.
There are no dates set as yet, as we are having to look at ways to make this possible and get a license. Some other districts have been doing virtual ceremonies as part of a pilot, Our council was not included in this.
As soon as I know more I will be in touch with you.

Regards
xxx

I don’t know what is meant by getting a license and “Part of Pilot”?
Is there any specific email to contact HO as I contacted them and got automatic reply.
Thanks

Perhaps you can update information like that.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 pm

What they mean by they can hold again citizenship ceremonies? Don’t tell me they going to put hold again

Send email here more complaints will make them issue certificates.

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Small wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 pm
It’s puzzling 🤔, who would receive the invitation letter, council or applicant or both? If council gets the letter first then applicant have to wait or vice versa? Sounds like a viscous circle.
I contacted my council today and they have no idea how and when they would start the reply was:
Dear xxxx
Thank you for your email.
We have been advised that we are able to hold Citizenship ceremonies once again. We have also been advised that there is a possibility of doing this virtually so we are currently looking into options.
There are no dates set as yet, as we are having to look at ways to make this possible and get a license. Some other districts have been doing virtual ceremonies as part of a pilot, Our council was not included in this.
As soon as I know more I will be in touch with you.

Regards
xxx

I don’t know what is meant by getting a license and “Part of Pilot”?
Is there any specific email to contact HO as I contacted them and got automatic reply.
Thanks

Perhaps you can update information like that.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 pm

I don’t think so my decision was made on 24 March still nothing I email citizenship team 6 weeks ago and they are saying the same thing wait wait and wait
Sous49 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm
Learning18 wrote:
Sous49 wrote:
Hi there

Hi there,

Yes today

Good luck

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:24 am

Sous49 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm
Learning18 wrote:
Sous49 wrote:
Hi there

Hi there,

Yes today

Good luck
Hi Sous49,
Iam glad you spoke to them my friend i was telling you about he made a formal complaint since they failed to send him his decision even though they kept saying you are granted and after two days they sent his decision via email.
I'd advice you to go formal complaint.
Goodluck

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:43 am

Sous49 wrote:
Hi there

I have been waiting for more than 12 weeks since I had my decision, but no luck.

I had to write to my MP and I would encourage all to do so. I don’t really understand the reason behind delaying Certificates printing when some councils had already resumed ceremonies 5 weeks ago!

mr_iyamu
Newly Registered

Post by mr_iyamu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:23 am

This is actually becoming absurd considering that we paid for this service and its not free. We earned the naturalisation rights through civil obedience and obeying the laws of the land but the home office seem to have trivialised our situation without even explaining.

Here is the link to make a complaint. Go on express yourself:

https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:50 am

mr_iyamu wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:23 am
This is actually becoming absurd considering that we paid for this service and its not free. We earned the naturalisation rights through civil obedience and obeying the laws of the land but the home office seem to have trivialised our situation without even explaining.

Here is the link to make a complaint. Go on express yourself:

https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk
Done my complaint. For £1350 we paid, we deserve faster turn around than this

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am

Moa7 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm
AC12 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Moa7 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm
AC12 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:01 pm
I've received a letter from my council confirming what they told me on the phone on Monday - it states they've received my naturalization certificate and in order to attend a ceremony, I would need the HO invitation letter. Let's see how long that takes- hopefully before the second wave kicks in !
I received my invitation letter today too, its dated 18 March. I contacted my council and they've said they'll call me back this week to book me into a ceremony.
Nice !

Won't be surprised if we attend the ceremony on the same date too haha !!
Hi AC12, any luck with a ceremony yet? I'm still waiting for my council to call me back to book a ceremony in
Hey, yes, got it done on Thursday. I replied to one of your posts on the same day too !

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:05 pm

I contacted the Home Office today and they clarified the information that a few of you brought here. Apparently, the HO started printing and sending new invitations/certificates on August 7th and we should expect to receive them by post within 10-12 weeks from August 7th onwards.

To clarify: the count of 10-12 weeks doesn't start from the date that your application was approved, but from August 7th (that means we should receive them by October 30th).

I hope that it helps. Let's be patient.

bppartnerclub
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by bppartnerclub » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Lopand wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:05 pm
I contacted the Home Office today and they clarified the information that a few of you brought here. Apparently, the HO started printing and sending new invitations/certificates on August 7th and we should expect to receive them by post within 10-12 weeks from August 7th onwards.

To clarify: the count of 10-12 weeks doesn't start from the date that your application was approved, but from August 7th.

This is probably the most concrete and helpful piece of information regarding this whole issue we've had so far, thanks Lopland! Now let's see if they are printing and sending all these chronologically or at random :roll:

Ace1983
Newly Registered

Post by Ace1983 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Got my invitation on the 4th of Aug, had my ceremony on the 5th of Aug. My application was approved on the 23rd of March. Applied for a passport the very same day.

Humble123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Humble123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Lopand wrote:

To clarify: the count of 10-12 weeks doesn't start from the date that your application was approved, but from August 7th (that means we should receive them by October 30th).

Many thanks for this useful information. What number did you call HO on if you don’t mind sharing please ?

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Lopand wrote:

every day new response - it was 4-8 weeks yesterday now jumped to 10-12 weeks to print a piece of paper

tcell88
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by tcell88 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Other piece of information. My council received 80 certificates two weeks ago (none of which mine, I got Approved 2nd of June through email) and they told the Home Office not to send others. This is because they are doing ceremonies with max 10 people, so it would take them at max capacity 2 months to go through the current batch.

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:59 pm

tcell88 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:49 pm
Other piece of information. My council received 80 certificates two weeks ago (none of which mine, I got Approved 2nd of June through email) and they told the Home Office not to send others. This is because they are doing ceremonies with max 10 people, so it would take them at max capacity 2 months to go through the current batch.
May I ask what council is yours?

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Humble123 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm
Lopand wrote:

Many thanks for this useful information. What number did you call HO on if you don’t mind sharing please ?
I called 03001232253

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi,

Just to let you know that I spoke to the home office today in regards to the 10-12 weeks time frame. The lady that I spoke to said there was no time frame and that they are focusing on dispatching certificates before the lockdown and then slowly moving on to further dates once the february/ march backlog has been cleared. She also said that once they recieved update then they will then sent out the later certificates after the lockdown.

She took down my details, and said she has escalated it and I should expect an email in 5 working days as she said that I should have had a personalised response given to me via email about my invitation letter. She asked to call back if I don't get a reaponse.

With my council, they are fairly empty and have cleared all backlog as they take on 22 people per ceremony and they do it quiet often during the week, their group ceremonies are available.

A little bit frustrating with how the home office are not in sync with what they say :(

I guess all I can do it wait