ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunny007

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by sunny007 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Ace1983 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:30 pm
Got my invitation on the 4th of Aug, had my ceremony on the 5th of Aug. My application was approved on the 23rd of March. Applied for a passport the very same day.
Hi Ace1983

Do you lived in scotland? I got my Approval letter on 23 march with approval date 13 march, after that I have contacted my council to arrange a private ceremoney but no luck till today, I have contacted my council today but still they are saying our registrar team is not in the offices so we are not able to check your certificate details, what a joke, Can any one please share what should i need to do now? Should i invloved my MP to contact council ? Some councils are doing Ceremonies in Scotland, but my council is not doing any thing and suspended every thing? I have already email to nationality team about my certificate but got generic reply that you will get reply after 20 days.

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 pm

Learning18 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Hi,

Just to let you know that I spoke to the home office today in regards to the 10-12 weeks time frame. The lady that I spoke to said there was no time frame and that they are focusing on dispatching certificates before the lockdown and then slowly moving on to further dates once the february/ march backlog has been cleared. She also said that once they recieved update then they will then sent out the later certificates after the lockdown.

She took down my details, and said she has escalated it and I should expect an email in 5 working days as she said that I should have had a personalised response given to me via email about my invitation letter. She asked to call back if I don't get a reaponse.

With my council, they are fairly empty and have cleared all backlog as they take on 22 people per ceremony and they do it quiet often during the week, their group ceremonies are available.

A little bit frustrating with how the home office are not in sync with what they say :(

I guess all I can do it wait
Can you give the number you phoned please? I phoned and they were not helpful as he said they do not have access to the files.

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Jayrose17 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 pm
Learning18 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:41 pm
Hi,

Just to let you know that I spoke to the home office today in regards to the 10-12 weeks time frame. The lady that I spoke to said there was no time frame and that they are focusing on dispatching certificates before the lockdown and then slowly moving on to further dates once the february/ march backlog has been cleared. She also said that once they recieved update then they will then sent out the later certificates after the lockdown.

She took down my details, and said she has escalated it and I should expect an email in 5 working days as she said that I should have had a personalised response given to me via email about my invitation letter. She asked to call back if I don't get a reaponse.

With my council, they are fairly empty and have cleared all backlog as they take on 22 people per ceremony and they do it quiet often during the week, their group ceremonies are available.

A little bit frustrating with how the home office are not in sync with what they say :(

I guess all I can do it wait
Can you give the number you phoned please? I phoned and they were not helpful as he said they do not have access to the files.

This is the phone number I used:
0300 1232 253

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:58 pm

Hey jeyrose17,

I truly wish that the lady I spoke to could tell me when June approvals could expect their letters to be despatched but she said she doesn't know. So I will try again tomorrow and see if someone else says something more beneficial.

igheorghe
Newly Registered

Post by igheorghe » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm

I called the same number over one week ago, hoping to find out what is the decision on my application as not getting any response to my emails (sent emails to all addresses I could find on this portal) and the gentleman I spoke with said that he will send an email to the HO as I should have received the decision already and that I should get a response within 5 working days. Totally confused, I thought I spoke with someone at the HO. However, no response and I still do not know whether it was approved or not although been told by email that a decision was made on my application (email dated 5th May). It s over 3 months now and my emails are still disregarded 😣

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:22 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
I called the same number over one week ago, hoping to find out what is the decision on my application as not getting any response to my emails (sent emails to all addresses I could find on this portal) and the gentleman I spoke with said that he will send an email to the HO as I should have received the decision already and that I should get a response within 5 working days. Totally confused, I thought I spoke with someone at the HO. However, no response and I still do not know whether it was approved or not although been told by email that a decision was made on my application (email dated 5th May). It s over 3 months now and my emails are still disregarded 😣

My sister had the same issue and they never contacted her in regards to her case except a general response saying that she should wait. She contacted the MP in the end and that rushed them up.

Small

Post by Small » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Lopand wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:05 pm
I contacted the Home Office today and they clarified the information that a few of you brought here. Apparently, the HO started printing and sending new invitations/certificates on August 7th and we should expect to receive them by post within 10-12 weeks from August 7th onwards.

To clarify: the count of 10-12 weeks doesn't start from the date that your application was approved, but from August 7th (that means we should receive them by October 30th).

I hope that it helps. Let's be patient.
And if incase second wave kicks in? Then passport delays?? Advanced Happy Xmas

Small

Post by Small » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:30 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:13 pm
Ace1983 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:30 pm
Got my invitation on the 4th of Aug, had my ceremony on the 5th of Aug. My application was approved on the 23rd of March. Applied for a passport the very same day.
Hi Ace1983

Do you lived in scotland? I got my Approval letter on 23 march with approval date 13 march, after that I have contacted my council to arrange a private ceremoney but no luck till today, I have contacted my council today but still they are saying our registrar team is not in the offices so we are not able to check your certificate details, what a joke, Can any one please share what should i need to do now? Should i invloved my MP to contact council ? Some councils are doing Ceremonies in Scotland, but my council is not doing any thing and suspended every thing? I have already email to nationality team about my certificate but got generic reply that you will get reply after 20 days.
Hi Ace congratulations.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:34 pm

igheorghe wrote:
Totally confused, I thought I spoke with someone at the HO.
The UKV&I contact centre is outsourced. First-line responses are handled by non-Home Office staff, generally with limited access to Home Office resources, while escalations are handled by Home Office staff.
Home Office Media Blog wrote:The UKVI Contact Centre, a direct line to assist with UKVI related questions, is run by another commercial partner, Sitel.
Home Office Policy Equality Statement wrote:UKVI Contact Centre Procurement full business case recommended Option 4 as this option meets both key objectives of improving value for money and improving the customer experience. (Option 4 blended approach, combination of in-house and commercial partnerships with extended remit (commercial partner provides first line service provision; in-house provides escalation services)
Because it is a third-party contractor, it is possible to call the same number and get a different response to the same query each time. I would suggest not putting too much faith in the response received from phone calls to that number.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

igheorghe
Newly Registered

Post by igheorghe » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:34 pm
igheorghe wrote:
The UKV&I contact centre is outsourced. First-line responses are handled by non-Home Office staff, generally with limited access to Home Office resources, while escalations are handled by Home Office staff.
Home Office Media Blog wrote:The UKVI Contact Centre, a direct line to assist with UKVI related questions, is run by another commercial partner, Sitel.
Home Office Policy Equality Statement wrote:UKVI Contact Centre Procurement full business case recommended Option 4 as this option meets both key objectives of improving value for money and improving the customer experience. (Option 4 blended approach, combination of in-house and commercial partnerships with extended remit (commercial partner provides first line service provision; in-house provides escalation services)
Because it is a third-party contractor, it is possible to call the same number and get a different response to the same query each time. I would suggest not putting too much faith in the response received from phone calls to that number.
Thanks. It all makes sense now... had I known before, I wouldn't have queued the line for 30 min just to learn that they cannot help. Not knowing for so long has become really stressful for me

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:54 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:34 pm
igheorghe wrote:
I completely agree. Even when the phone operator gave me the details regarding the 10-12 weeks, she said that she was given this information by an email from the Home Office that she's received today. I got confused because it was the number for the HO and I was sure that I'm talking to them directly, but without any doubt it's outsourced and it seems like each operator makes up their own answers... Completely unreliable.

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:26 pm

AC12 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am
Moa7 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm
AC12 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Moa7 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm

I received my invitation letter today too, its dated 18 March. I contacted my council and they've said they'll call me back this week to book me into a ceremony.
Nice !

Won't be surprised if we attend the ceremony on the same date too haha !!
Hi AC12, any luck with a ceremony yet? I'm still waiting for my council to call me back to book a ceremony in
Hey, yes, got it done on Thursday. I replied to one of your posts on the same day too !

Incredible, congratulations!

I called my council this morning and they randomly booked me into a ceremony for this afternoon so I'm done too!! Hope the certificate reaches me soon so the journey can finally complete!

AC12
Mood:
India

Post by AC12 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Moa7 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:26 pm
AC12 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am
Moa7 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm
AC12 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:42 pm

Nice !

Won't be surprised if we attend the ceremony on the same date too haha !!
Hi AC12, any luck with a ceremony yet? I'm still waiting for my council to call me back to book a ceremony in
Hey, yes, got it done on Thursday. I replied to one of your posts on the same day too !

Incredible, congratulations!

I called my council this morning and they randomly booked me into a ceremony for this afternoon so I'm done too!! Hope the certificate reaches me soon so the journey can finally complete!
Wonderful ! A couple of days max for your certificate I think ! What a long wait, almost there!

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 am

to be honest, non of these statements are reliable. HO using a cheap and untrained contractor which does not have an access to HO database therefore today they say 4 week tomorrow 12 weeks. I wouldn't keep my hopes high. On the other hand, I contracted my case worker straight to his email however didn't come back to me aswell.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:42 am

Same I contact my case worker but they never reply due to this I made complaint.
Cost Manager wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 am
to be honest, non of these statements are reliable. HO using a cheap and untrained contractor which does not have an access to HO database therefore today they say 4 week tomorrow 12 weeks. I wouldn't keep my hopes high. On the other hand, I contracted my case worker straight to his email however didn't come back to me aswell.

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:33 am

Hi guys, I spoke to HO support line and enquiry line about invitation letter,The lady said they started produce certificate but it can take between 8-12 week to receive, Might be earlier but it's not guarantee.So only need to do WAIT WAIT N WAIT,It's killing me, Got approved in may.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Wahidwadid wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:33 am
Hi guys, I spoke to HO support line and enquiry line about invitation letter,The lady said they started produce certificate but it can take between 8-12 week to receive, Might be earlier but it's not guarantee.So only need to do WAIT WAIT N WAIT,It's killing me, Got approved in may.
Hi there

On the 23rd of this month it will be one year anniversary for the submission of my application
I was advised as a reply on my request that it is approved on the first week of May. ( no decision sent though )

And here we are still waiting. My council resumed ceremonies weeks ago but they haven't had my certidicate

Good Times

user5877
Poland

Post by user5877 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Does anyone know if ceremonies in Northern Ireland have resumed as well, or is it only across England for now?

U Aziz
Pakistan

Post by U Aziz » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Just spoke to my Council, they are chasing HO to issue the certificates as they’ve almost cleared the backlog.
Only certificates they’ve received so far are from Feb 2020, nothing from March onwards...
Seems like we are due to wait much longer than expected.
Rubbish service from HO in this instance again!!!

bppartnerclub
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by bppartnerclub » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:25 pm

U Aziz wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:15 pm
Just spoke to my Council, they are chasing HO to issue the certificates as they’ve almost cleared the backlog.
Only certificates they’ve received so far are from Feb 2020, nothing from March onwards...
Seems like we are due to wait much longer than expected.
Rubbish service from HO in this instance again!!!
Based on what people were writing on this forum though, between mid March and mid May, there weren't many approvals, do hopefully the backlog of these is not as big!

user5877
Poland

Post by user5877 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:27 pm

user5877 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:25 pm
Does anyone know if ceremonies in Northern Ireland have resumed as well, or is it only across England for now?
Guess I'm going to answer my own question as I just received a phone call from the Lisburn (Northern Ireland) council.

So they are about to resume ceremonies and have received first batch of certificates 2 weeks ago, with more expected in coming weeks. Unfortunately they haven't got mine certificate yet (I was approved end of May) but hopefully they will get it in coming batches.

Mayo101
Newly Registered

Post by Mayo101 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:19 pm

I don't use twitter but wouldn't it help if someone tweet to the HO about our misery ?

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Why don’t you complain to them By email like I did ?
Mayo101 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:19 pm
I don't use twitter but wouldn't it help if someone tweet to the HO about our misery ?

Raihanul
Mood:

Post by Raihanul » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Just a heads up I haven't received mine either. I emailed HO on 4th of August and no reply yet. I just emailed my council to find out if they have my certificate. Hopefully get it soon.

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi guys, Whom do I believe?HO said they started sending certificate from 7th August, And mcr council said they haven't received anything but they doing ceremony 8 ppl max in a group.BIG CONFUSED, I send them an email but no response.