ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Need of Supporting Documents Back

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anon132
Sudan

Urgent Need of Supporting Documents Back

Post by Anon132 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi, hope you're all well.

I was recently approved and sent a Conventional Tavel Document in July. However, the supporting documents (expired national passport + Home Office Settlement Approval Letter) have not been sent back yet.

On the government website, it states: "Home Office cannot return supporting documents at the moment, but they will be returned later." I've also contacted the Travel Document Department to request the supporting documents back but they stated the same as the website.

I also offered to send a pre-paid envelope for my documents to be sent back but did not recieve any reply.

Do you think it will be worth a try if I send a pre-paid envelope and cover letter requesting the return of the documents urgently?

Many thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Urgent Need of Supporting Documents Back

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:33 pm

Anon132 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Do you think it will be worth a try if I send a pre-paid envelope and cover letter requesting the return of the documents urgently?

Many thanks in advance.
No harm in trying that
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Anon132
Sudan

Re: Urgent Need of Supporting Documents Back

Post by Anon132 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks seagul, will give it a try :)