ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of last name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ayikaz1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Change of last name

Post by Ayikaz1984 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me with their advice please?

I changed my last name in my EU home country in 2006 and came to work to the UK in 2012. I was issued a new birth certificate and all my documents were in my new name.

I have never felt the importance to give my original birth name when filling out documents here and now I am worried because I want to apply for naturalisation and I have to give my name at birth.

1. Can I get in trouble for this when applying for the citizenship? I will reveal my real birth name and explain it was used until I entered the UK.

2. I have to fill out a DBS form, there is a question regarding `surname at birth` which is fine because it hasn`t changed and another question `all other names used``forename` `used from` used to`.

Should I put my birth forename there? Won`t it be a problem that previously when doing a DBS I havent`t included it?

Thank you so much

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Change of last name

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Should I put my birth forename there? Won`t it be a problem that previously when doing a DBS I havent`t included it?
This should not be an issue - it isn't even mentioned in caseworkers guidance.
You are applying for naturalisation and the question is asked, therefore you are expected to supply the answers to the best of your knowledge. Married women have to do this all the time. You don't have to supply a DBS check, UKVI have access to many data bases. Again, never seen an issue with this, and it's doubtful you have to explain it.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Ayikaz1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Re: Change of last name

Post by Ayikaz1984 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:58 pm

Thanks so much! The DBS is just for a job at the moment. Just panicked I mada a mistake and riined my citizenship application & get in trouble.