ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in 10 years long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

munisekhartelagam

ILR queries

Post by munisekhartelagam » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:10 pm

Dear admin,

I recently joined this group. Its amazing , lot of people are assisting each other.

would you please assist with my query, Thanks in advance for your kind help
am eligible for ilr this September on long residence route

1. for the query ' Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in UK eg: medical evidence such as evidence of serious health, active relationship with a child etc.
Based on my standpoint, I thought of writing the below.

i have made good connections with friends, office colleagues and neighbors since 2010. My child has been studying since 2010 in Uk and adjusted with UK culture, moving at this time out side will significantly lead to difficulty in adjusting. Recently my son also born in the UK in 2018. So considering all the reasons, i would like to stay on the basis of 10 years long residency.

My query is
1. is submitting school latest letter July (progress report) is sufficient
or any proofs to be submitted in between years randomly from 2020 to 2015. because in the application, it is asking the documents to submit to show for valid reasons to stay in UK. are any other documents i need to submit for the above query

-2. Do you have any valid national identity card other than Uk?
Actually in the SAR, it says i had mentioned as India PAN number last time. i guess i need to put the same this time aswell. please correct me if am wrong.

3. Are you part of social groups or do u have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you lived more than 5 years?
do we need to mention yes

Friends, Old school alumni and Brother connections in India.

i am connecting with my brother, old school friends alumni in Whatsapp, phone calls from Uk during holidays. whenever I go on holiday I meet them.

4. when did you first come to the country

do we need to mention the date when i come initially or eg: i came in 2005 for short term and left,
i think i need to mention only aug 2010 as from there its counting from 2010 to 2020.

5. do you have home office reference numbers?

i have only the BRP of previous years since 2010. i have lost the latest copy of the reference letter for BRP.
is it suffice to give the BRP number for the above question.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR queries

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:31 am

1. There is NO NEED to answer or provide OTHER reasons for staying in the UK. Ignore that completely
2. Ignore that too. They do not require any local/national ID other than your passport
3. Not important again, put anything you wish
4. August 2010
5. Answer NO
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:59 am

Many thanks

In the previous application(2018 for ict extention) i had given as driving license number for the below question

what is your valid national identity card apart from UK
i heard we hould give the same answer for the s ubsequent applications aswell (ILR now)

I have another query

1. I came originally in 2005 for a short term. and again in 2007 short term
I have 2 work permits issues from 2005 to 2007 feb and 2007 july to 2009
do i need to produce that copies also when i fill 10 year application. My 10 years starts from 2010 continuously

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:04 am

In the previous application(2018 for ict extention) i had given as driving license number for the below question

what is your valid national identity card apart from UK
i heard we hould give the same answer for the s ubsequent applications aswell (ILR now)
A Driving license is NOT a 'national identity card'.

I have another query
1. I came originally in 2005 for a short term. and again in 2007 short term
I have 2 work permits issues from 2005 to 2007 feb and 2007 july to 2009
do i need to produce that copies also when i fill 10 year application. My 10 years starts from 2010 continuously
No! You simply need to state any visas you have applied for if there is such a question. No evidence is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:10 pm

Sorry its a PAN card i put in last application and the applicaiton was through

do i need to put PAN card again for t h is query
do you have a valid national identity card or just mention NO

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:46 pm

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:10 pm
Sorry its a PAN card i put in last application and the applicaiton was through

do i need to put PAN card again for t h is query
do you have a valid national identity card or just mention NO
Many countries like Pakistan issue NIC (National Identity Card) which has a unique number. If you do not have one, just leave this question. Its not an important question.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

munisekhartelagam

long residence bio-metric documents upload

Post by munisekhartelagam » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:02 am

Hi Admin,

Many thanks for your kind support over the queries

i had while filling the application for long residence. I successfully filled the application and paid payment.

thanks again for the wonderful guidance. Have few queries.

The screen is taking me to sophriasteria website
I have registered there. When i try to book an appointment it shows the bio-metric services but not available.
am able to see the option upload button. On that screen
do I need to upload the document and click on submit. or do you suggest await till bio-metric team. ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: long residence bio-metric documents upload

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 99639.html

Follow the above thread for future biometrics related queries.

UKVCAS is opening up biometrics appointments in phases. You will not be able to see any for now. You will be communicated about the next step via email.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

The best approach for now is to upload all documents and submit via UKVCAS portal and then wait for further action via email.

Note you can only submit once. Make sure all your documents are complete before you choose to hit the submit button.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am

Hi admin,

I have made the application and payment for a long residence 10 year visa application on 7th august 2020.
I have not yet uploaded any documents nor bio-metric.
I had selected the option NARIC for English during the application filling. i have to upload NARIC English assessment

I have applied Red route UK visa and nationality on today (11th august) and
Naric team mentioned i will get by the UK visa nationality english assessment by
24th august

as i already submitted the Home office application on 7th august,
will home office accept the english assessment (i submitted naric on 11th august)
letter generates on 24th auguest.

will the Home office still accepts the NARCI as payment to the original application already submitted.

or better i can CANCEL the application and apply freshly after 10 days.

Please let me know your valuable thoughts and inputs.

Regards
Sekhar

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:05 pm

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am
As long you provide NARIC before your biometrics/uploading documents via UKVCAS/IDV app whatever your circumstance is, your document will be accepted before your case is considered and a decision is made. You can explain the situation in the cover letter also. So nothing to worry.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Many thanks for swift reply, so kind of you

sure.. certainly i would wait for the Naric letter on 24th august and submit all documents at ONCE before the bio metric appointment date..

1. actually in 2017 i applied for English assessment and i received from NARIC the certificate with UK naric reference number starts with 4xxxxx, but its blue color (route)

2. Recently in July 2020, i applied for comparability letter and i received the comparability letter(the letter contains the same UK Naric reference number giv en in 2017 (400xxx)

i came to know about this Blue route UK naric after submitting my uk visa application when i was just double checking with my friend who applied via Red route (UK visa and nationality red route English assessment.). Content is same in their also but different format all-together.

though the content is same, i was little skeptic as its different template like it states UK visa and nationality and right hand side Home office, there fore i applied the new Naric request again via red route by paying again 150 pounds (visa and nationality) for English assessment

so once i receive the uk red route letter on august 25, i will submit all documents (Blue - English assessment and red- uk visa and nationality English assessment).

can i submit both if so i can put in the same pdf file first blue and then red Without any covering letter
as two are there prior to visa application (2017) and latest uk visa red route (aug 2020), i think its ok. Kindly let me know your valuable thoughts and views. i wonder they s shouldn't delay t he application or hold it as red route is after visa application.

or just avoid confusion that red route letter after visa application, i can cancel the application all together and apply fresh one

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:57 pm

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:12 pm
Many thanks for swift reply, so kind of you

sure.. certainly i would wait for the Naric letter on 24th august and submit all documents at ONCE before the bio metric appointment date..

1. actually in 2017 i applied for English assessment and i received from NARIC the certificate with UK naric reference number starts with 4xxxxx, but its blue color (route)

2. Recently in July 2020, i applied for comparability letter and i received the comparability letter(the letter contains the same UK Naric reference number giv en in 2017 (400xxx)

i came to know about this Blue route UK naric after submitting my uk visa application when i was just double checking with my friend who applied via Red route (UK visa and nationality red route English assessment.). Content is same in their also but different format all-together.

though the content is same, i was little skeptic as its different template like it states UK visa and nationality and right hand side Home office, there fore i applied the new Naric request again via red route by paying again 150 pounds (visa and nationality) for English assessment

so once i receive the uk red route letter on august 25, i will submit all documents (Blue - English assessment and red- uk visa and nationality English assessment).

can i submit both if so i can put in the same pdf file first blue and then red Without any covering letter
as two are there prior to visa application (2017) and latest uk visa red route (aug 2020), i think its ok. Kindly let me know your valuable thoughts and views. i wonder they s shouldn't delay t he application or hold it as red route is after visa application.

or just avoid confusion that red route letter after visa application, i can cancel the application all together and apply fresh one
Whilst not fully sure as how identical are the naric comparability reports issued under blue & red route but Red route distinctively issue another statement which confirms English proficiency. So only submit the red routed assessment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:46 am

thanks i will submit only red one after i receive it on 24th august.

but my query and serious concern is about the date where i applied original application on 7th August but new naric red route one English assessment on 21st,august which is future date.

is home office will be OK as it is future date (naric issued date) than visa application
am only concern about it

as a benefit of doubt, can i cancel the application and apply fresh one
please let me know your valuable thoughts.

Kind regards
Sekhar

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:13 am

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:46 am

but my query and serious concern is about the date where i applied original application on 7th August but new naric red route one English assessment on 21st,august which is future date. With the pandemic situation and the attendant lock downs and disruption of services, HO gave leeway for situation such as you described. Address the difference between your application date and that of when your NARIC docs are issued and upload this letter prior your biometric appointment.

is home office will be OK as it is future date (naric issued date) than visa application
am only concern about it

please let me know your valuable thoughts. Don't see a reason why you should cancel ---my thought.

Kind regards
Sekhar

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:46 am

but my query and serious concern is about the date where i applied original application on 7th August but new naric red route one English assessment on 21st,august which is future date.

am only concern about it

please let me know your valuable thoughts.

Kind regards
Sekhar
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:29 am

Morning friends, I have a query regarding immigration.

Recently i submitted my 10 years ILR application in 1st week of august but cancelled on last 5 days ago due to some mistakes which i realized later . (didn't upload any documents nor bio metrics)
after submit the cancellation, in the same page i got cancellation number(RODXXX) and they mentioned within 10 working days I will be getting notified
I didn't get any automated mail too....

1. is it process that I will get automated mail for cancellation, I got worried and concerned.
2. can I submit a fresh application now? anyway leave to remain is there till Jan 31st.
3. what mail I will get from Home office regarding cancellation
4. is it within 10 working days i will get mail from HO?
5. In the fresh application, There is a question ' Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
do I need to state No or Yes (slightly confused as its still with HO though I had cancelled by clicking submit)

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:29 pm

You will not get anything from HO. You should assume that the application is now cancelled. You should go ahead and apply afresh.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 pm

Many thanks for assisting

I have a small query please,

1. I have canceled my 10-year long residence application on 13th August due to multiple errors i have made.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa. I got the RoD number on the same day
Hower still I didn't get any cancellation email from the home office, can anyone share me how to contact by online form to reach the status of my refund or cancellation

2. I have now corrected all mistakes and confidence with new one.
am planning to submit my new application on 25th August.
will it be any problem if I apply fresh one or do I need to wait until 10 working days complete which is on 27th August?

kind regards
Sekhar

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Refunds are issued automatically. Apply now

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:30 pm

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:57 pm
Many thanks for assisting

I have a small query please,

1. I have canceled my 10-year long residence application on 13th August due to multiple errors i have made.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa. I got the RoD number on the same day
Hower still I didn't get any cancellation email from the home office, can anyone share me how to contact by online form to reach the status of my refund or cancellation

2. I have now corrected all mistakes and confidence with new one.
am planning to submit my new application on 25th August.
will it be any problem if I apply fresh one or do I need to wait until 10 working days complete which is on 27th August? There is no waiting period, make a fresh application.

kind regards
Sekhar

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am

Many thanks

i have a small query

do you have any valid national identifity card

can i mention indian passport number by saying Yes to the question

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:50 am

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 am
Many thanks

i have a small query

do you have any valid national identifity card

can i mention indian passport number by saying Yes to the question

Thanks in advance.
Just say NO to this question. It is not relevant and evidence is not required. A national identity card is NOT the same as a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 am

Hi admin,

Small query regarding document uploads

i plan to submit my set ILR application long residency application in 2 days

I plan to upload the document whatever i have and submit

If i opt for biometric appointment, it means i have to physically attend the biometric appointment, can i remove the old document and replace with new one
Because am expecting some correction in my son’s birth certificate (where my name spelling one word is missing in her birth certificate). the corrected one is expecting in a week of time.

i dont waste one week of time or further, because i do not want to delay further
please advise me

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:18 am

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:37 am
Hi admin,

Small query regarding document uploads

i plan to submit my set ILR application long residency application in 2 days

I plan to upload the document whatever i have and submit

If i opt for biometric appointment, it means i have to physically attend the biometric appointment, can i remove the old document and replace with new one
Because am expecting some correction in my son’s birth certificate (where my name spelling one word is missing in her birth certificate). the corrected one is expecting in a week of time.

i dont waste one week of time or further, because i do not want to delay further
please advise me
If you intend to change some documents then don't submit yet. Apply online and pay, then upload the documents, you still have till the day of biometric appointment to upload and submit the documents.

munisekhartelagam

Post by munisekhartelagam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 am

Hi admin,

My cousin is having NARI uk visa certificate

in the application, we have one query

what will you use to prove your degree taught in English

in the answers option,

does she need to select a degree certificate or

Official transcript of the letter?

Much appreciated in advance