ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will you get stopped or questions asked at Heathrow if you overstay a Tourist Visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mukbros567
Newly Registered

Will you get stopped or questions asked at Heathrow if you overstay a Tourist Visa?

Post by mukbros567 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:00 pm

As far as I am aware there is no explicit visa check when leaving the country. Would the airline ticketing person check if your visa is expired?

You have to scan the boarding pass before security. Does this process automatically check if one has overstayed the visa.

Basically the question is if you have overstayed for a tourist visa, is there a real chance that you would get stopped when you are leaving the country. I know it would be a problem when you apply for a future visa, but would there be any issues when you leave the country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will you get stopped or questions asked at Heathrow if you overstay a Tourist Visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Basically the question is if you have overstayed for a tourist visa, is there a real chance that you would get stopped when you are leaving the country.
No. However UKVI will receive the information from the airlines of the date you departed, so will be fully aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.