ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mendatory docs list missing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Absences on a rolling basis for ILR

Post by Jiyadanty » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Dear Moderator,
in one of the article published by home office i have come across the paragraph that states

for settlement applications made from 11 jan 2018, you must consider absences from the UK on a rolling basis, rather than in separate consecutive 12 month periods. if the applicants qualifying period includes leave granted before this date, any absences during that leave will be considered under previous rule- in separate consecutive 12 month periods ending on the date of application.

Now, i first came to UK in SEP 2010 and went back to my country in May 2012 to Nov 2012 (186 days)
since after that i ve never stayed outside UK for that long.
My question is will i be eligible for ILR im SEP 2020
as the rolling absences rule started from Jan 2018 and my absences fall in the previous rule i.e 12 month period ending on the date of application.
Many thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Absences on a rolling basis for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 am

The guide you saw does NOT cover long residence applications. The whole 180 days per year limit is NOT relevant to long residence applications. If you stayed outside the UK for more than 180 conservative days, your continuous residence is broken and you cannot apply under long residence.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jiyadanty » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:54 am

Thankyou for clarification

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

priority service

Post by Jiyadanty » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi,
just wanted to know if priority service on SET LR is opening soon or any information regarding that. my current visa is due to expire in Nov so is it wise to wait for priority service to resume or just apply standard service and get stuck for atleast 6months.. any update..
thankyou

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: priority service

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:59 pm

None of us on the forum know when priority service will resume. They are still dealing with the backlog and until it is cleared, it is unlikely to be available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: priority service

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Jiyadanty wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:53 pm
Hi,
just wanted to know if priority service on SET LR is opening soon or any information regarding that. my current visa is due to expire in Nov so is it wise to wait for priority service to resume or just apply standard service and get stuck for atleast 6months.. any update..
thankyou
The decision to wait for priority service or apply with current standard service will have to b made by you.

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jiyadanty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:36 am

tough decision to make.. but thankyou once again.

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

A question

Post by Jiyadanty » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:23 am

hi there,
just a quick question. If the baby is born after i submit my application for SET LR and waiting for the decision to be made, will the baby get the nationality or no.
Many thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: A question

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:03 am

Hello

No. It's not the date of application that matters but the date when your ILR is approved (the date printed on the ILR).

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: A question

Post by Jiyadanty » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:33 pm

right... thankyou

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

mendatory docs list missing

Post by Jiyadanty » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:02 am

Hi there,
i ve just submitted my application for SET LR and while i was booking an appointment for biometrics i realised the appointments are not available anywhere in UK. Also, i could not upload my documents because there was no catagory list for mandatory documents. the website only had optional documents list which is not even relevant to the documents i wish to upload.
shall i upload my documents in optional documents catagory or is there something wrong with the website?
secondly, please advice what will happen to the biometrics if the centers are not open.

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: mendatory docs list missing

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:27 pm

Jiyadanty wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:02 am
Hi there,
i ve just submitted my application for SET LR and while i was booking an appointment for biometrics i realised the appointments are not available anywhere in UK. Also, i could not upload my documents because there was no catagory list for mandatory documents. the website only had optional documents list which is not even relevant to the documents i wish to upload.
shall i upload my documents in optional documents catagory or is there something wrong with the website?
secondly, please advice what will happen to the biometrics if the centers are not open.

Many thanks
All documents can even be subsumed under the option of "optional" as the most important thing is its successful uploading in full entirety
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jiyadanty
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: mendatory docs list missing

Post by Jiyadanty » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:05 pm

thankyou for confirming this i ll upload them right away... many thanks