ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering the UK With Tier 2 ICT Visa Vignette Valid for 90 days

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MAWGUKV2020
Newly Registered
United States of America

Entering the UK With Tier 2 ICT Visa Vignette Valid for 90 days

Post by MAWGUKV2020 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi,

I finally received my Tier 2 ICT work Visa for the UK. I applied back in March and due to COVID-19 it was placed on hold until 13 July when I finally heard back from the VFS Global office which is the support center here in the US. I sent in my passport and they returned it with my Vignette and a letter saying my application was accepted. The letter then stated the vignette is valid for 90 days and I have permission to enter the UK with the vignette during that time. It then says I have to pick up my BRP when I arrive in the UK.

My question is how early am I allowed to enter the UK before my actual start date under current COVID-19 regulations. Before COVID-19 it said the vignette would give you permission to enter 10 days before the stated start date on the COS. There is no mention of start date and entering the UK in the letter I received. My sponsor and I have agreed on a start date of the 1st of October and I wanted to come out mid September. With current regulations I have to isolate for 14 days once arriving. Can I come out 14 days or more before that start date?

Cheers,
Max

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Entering the UK With Tier 2 ICT Visa Vignette Valid for 90 days

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 pm

My question is how early am I allowed to enter the UK before my actual start date under current COVID-19 regulations.
Anytime within the 90 days validity of your visa vignette.
Before COVID-19 it said the vignette would give you permission to enter 10 days before the stated start date on the COS.
No is didn't. You could enter the UK within the 30 days visa vignette validity.
There is no mention of start date and entering the UK in the letter I received.
They are two separate things.
My sponsor and I have agreed on a start date of the 1st of October and I wanted to come out mid September. With current regulations I have to isolate for 14 days once arriving. Can I come out 14 days or more before that start date?
You can enter the UK within the 90 days validity of your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAWGUKV2020
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MAWGUKV2020 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Thank you so much for the quick response!!

That is very good to know. I can plan to be out there Mid September and start 1st of October. That way I can isolate and get settled.

I really appreciate the help this message board offers.

One more some what related questions. I need a National Insurance number. It says on the UKVI website that I may have a national Insurance number on my BRP, but it may not be on there and I will have to apply. Anyway to know before picking up the BRP?

Cheers,
Max

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:30 pm

I need a National Insurance number. It says on the UKVI website that I may have a national Insurance number on my BRP, but it may not be on there and I will have to apply. Anyway to know before picking up the BRP?
Tier 2 visa holders usually have the NI number printed on the BRP. No way of knowing until you collect the card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MAWGUKV2020
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MAWGUKV2020 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Ok that makes sense.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

You and this forum are the best!