ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Nasara1

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Nasara1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 pm

:D
Update
First of all I thank almighty God for his blessings.This forum has helped me a lot to keep me same. :lol: :lol:
I guess it's fair to give my detailed time line in the hope others will benefit from it.

I came here as a student and got married in 2009.
applied for residence permit as spouse of EU national in 2010 and was granted.
In 2015 my application for indefinite leave was refused because I couldn't provide ex-wife's passport and her work details.
I filed for appeal in 2016 arguing that we were not together hence my inability to provide her details.
Case adjourned three time.Final sitting was in september 2017.I lost the appeal.
I filed for divorce and got my decree absolute in 2017.
In May 2019 home office wrote to me asking if my wife was still here and wanted to apply again as their record has shown that I have no right to live here.
They directed me to the settlement scheme page.
I applied for settlement scheme in July last year and got COA in just one week.
Now the waiting game started.I called several times.Sent them several email.I kept on getting same generic response.
In July this year,I contacted my MP.As I was waiting for my MP,I had a call from my case worker asking for my ex's passport.I told her frankly she won't give it to me.She advised me to send a copy of the old one but that is not a guarantee that it may be used as evidence of her ID and my proof of residence for certain period of time.
By God's intervention, she agreed to give the passport and I sent it to my caseworker with the other documents.
The next day my MP contacted me to inform that she's written to the home office that day.Obviously the letter to the HO was late :D
Home office replied my MP and told her that they have started looking at my case already and that she should apologise to me on their behalf.
I got two more letters from the HO asking for additional documents.
Which I uploaded.(Not all documents.Just the once I could provide and backed it by email to explain why)

Checked my Email this morning,INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN granted.

I wish all the members here the best of luck,expecially those that have been waiting for a very long time.Keep faith God is in control. :D

texturelikesun
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by texturelikesun » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:35 am

Nasara1 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:12 pm
Update
First of all I thank almighty God for his blessings.This forum has helped me a lot to keep me same. :lol: :lol:
I guess it's fair to give my detailed time line in the hope others will benefit from it.

In 2015 my application for indefinite leave was refused because I couldn't provide ex-wife's passport and her work details.
I filed for appeal in 2016 arguing that we were not together hence my inability to provide her details.
Case adjourned three time.Final sitting was in september 2017.I lost the appeal.
In May 2019 home office wrote to me asking if my wife was still here and wanted to apply again as their record has shown that I have no right to live here.
Now the waiting game started.I called several times.Sent them several email.I kept on getting same generic response.
In July this year,I contacted my MP.As I was waiting for my MP,I had a call from my case worker asking for my ex's passport.I told her frankly she won't give it to me.She advised me to send a copy of the old one but that is not a guarantee that it may be used as evidence of her ID and my proof of residence for certain period of time.
By God's intervention, she agreed to give the passport and I sent it to my caseworker with the other documents.
The next day my MP contacted me to inform that she's written to the home office that day.Obviously the letter to the HO was late :D
Home office replied my MP and told her that they have started looking at my case already and that she should apologise to me on their behalf.
Which I uploaded.(Not all documents.Just the once I could provide and backed it by email to explain why)

I wish all the members here the best of luck,expecially those that have been waiting for a very long time.Keep faith God is in control. :D
Congrats !!!

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:04 am

Nasara1 wrote:
Update

Wow! Nice one! Congratulations. I am so happy to read this, truly this forum really helps to keep ppl sane. I am really excited most of us from last year are getting the desired outcome and I pray every one waiting will soon receive the good newsf🙏

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:10 am

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:04 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Update

Wow! Nice one! Congratulations. I am so happy to read this, truly this forum really helps to keep ppl sane. I am really excited most of us from last year are getting the desired outcome and I pray every one waiting will soon receive the good newsf🙏

Could you please share your letter to your MP or mroe or less what was mentioned?
I would like to send a letter to my MP but I dont know what to say? I am a bit disheartened as I don't think he will be helpful.

Most appreciated in advance.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:37 am

Nasara1 wrote:
Update

Congrats man
God's good
This is such a good news.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Congratulations👏🎉👏🎉👏🎉
I submitted my biometrics in February, received COA one week after and still waiting for a decision, no contact from HO, no update.
Good luck everyone

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:41 am

nachfee wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:10 am
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:04 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Update

Could you please share your letter to your MP or mroe or less what was mentioned?
I would like to send a letter to my MP but I dont know what to say? I am a bit disheartened as I don't think he will be helpful.

Most appreciated in advance.
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages @Eke,@nachfee,@Boo47,@priscyobi,@texturelikesun.
I sincerely wish all members in this forum will have their desired outcome.

I am not sure whether a letter to your MP makes any difference.You can see the letter I sent to mine and the reply they gave.

I am a constituent of (Your borough ) and have been living here for ******** odd years.
Last year,I applied for settlement status from the home office based on the exit arrangement the government had with the EU.
The application was supposed to have taken about three days barring any unforeseen circumstances.
It has been ten months since I received my acknowledgement letter from the home office.
I have emailed and called several times to check on the progress and I was always given the same generic reply - a case worker will get back to you if they need additional documents or information.
It has been given me mental torture as I have been left in the dark for nearly one year.
I would therefore appreciate it very much if you could do a follow up on my behalf.
My reference number is 3434-****-****-****.Than you.
Yours Sincerely
X******* Y******

Reply from HO to my MP

On 4 July 2019, Mr Y***** submitted an application under the EUSS. Please pass on my apologies for the delay in concluding his case.

The published processing times for applications under the EUSS specify that applications usually take between five working days and a month to process. However, processing times can be extended where:

* A caseworker needs to request more information from the applicant
* An applicant is applying as a minor and their application is not linked to an adult
* They submit a paper application
* They have a relevant criminal record
* The applicant is a non-European Economic Area or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship they have not relied on in a previous application to the Home Office.

Part of the application process entails routinely conducting checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application, and only once these checks are complete can a decision be made on whether to issue status under the EUSS. However, the progress of these checks is regularly monitored.

On 10 June 2020, a request for further evidence was sent to Mr Y****** by email.

This evidence has now been received and so consideration of Mr Y****’s application can recommence. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic we have changed our working practices to keep both staff and customers safe. In light of this, I am unable to provide a timescale as to when a decision will be made as applications may take longer than usual to conclude. We kindly ask for your patience during this period.

Once a decision has been made, Mr Y****** will be notified immediately.

After this letter.They sent two more email before granting me my settled status.On both occasions,they’ve asked for additional documentations.

Good luck to you guys all.

Willxx1
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Willxx1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Help me ...

after 14 months i get this letter today,

my lawyer applied directly to the settlement system

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme. Your application has been carefully considered but unfortunately from the information available you do not meet the requirements of the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been refused.
The rest of this letter details the reasons you have been refused, what you can do next and the help available from us.
Reasons why your application has been refused
We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence available and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.
To qualify under the scheme you would need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.
Careful consideration has been given as to whether you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme. The relevant requirements are set out in rule EU11 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules.
You state that you are a dependent relative of a relevant EEA citizen. However, you have not provided sufficient evidence to confirm this. The reasons for this are explained below.
The required evidence of family relationship for a dependent relative of a relevant EEA citizen, where the dependent relative does not have a documented right of permanent residence, is a valid family permit or residence card issued under the EEA Regulations (or by the Bailiwick of Jersey, the Bailiwick of Guernsey or the Isle of Man) as the dependent relative of that EEA citizen and evidence which satisfies the Secretary of State that the relationship continues to subsist. Home Office records do not show that you have been issued with a family permit or residence card under the EEA Regulations as a relative of an EEA national who was a dependant of the EEA national or of their spouse or civil partner, a member of their household or in strict need of their personal care on serious health grounds, and you have not provided a relevant document issued on this basis by
Tel 03001237379
Web http://www.gov.uk/ukvi
Our Ref Date
12 August 2020
1 of 3

any of the Islands.
Therefore, you do not meet the requirements for settled status as a family member of a relevant EEA citizen.
Careful consideration has been given as to whether you meet the eligibility requirements for pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme. The relevant requirements are set out in rule EU14 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules.
However, for the reasons already explained above, you have not provided sufficient evidence to confirm that you are a dependent relative of a relevant EEA citizen. Therefore, you do not meet the requirements for pre-settled status on this basis.
It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 or for pre-settled status set out in rule EU14 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is for the reasons explained above. Therefore, your application has been refused under rule EU6.
In order to meet the definition of a dependent relative as set out in Annex 1 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules, you need to demonstrate that you are a relative of your sponsor as claimed and that you hold a valid relevant document.
Until you hold such a document you cannot be granted leave under the EU Settlement Scheme as the dependent relative of a relevant EEA citizen. If you wish to submit an application for a relevant document more information can be found at

OptimisticNow
Mood:
Cyprus

Post by OptimisticNow » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:02 pm

@willxxx, who did you depend on? A spouse or a relative?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:07 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:02 pm
His brother in law based in his other post in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Willxx1
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Willxx1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:20 pm

OptimisticNow wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:02 pm
my brother-in-law, from what I researched my lawyer ended up making a mistake in the process, she should have done the Extended Family process first and then apply for Pre Status, that must be the mistake

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 am

Applied online 6th June 2020
COA letter received in the same day 6th June 2020
Granted settled status 14th August 2020

What might be helpful for other applicants who are wating for long time is, during the process,I wrote a letter to MP at 6 August as the processing time should be up to a month according to gov.uk. She wrote to Home office on my behalf the next day. 1 week later here we go.
I can't say it's coincidence that so many people have results soon after either contacting MP or complaints.
Wish everyone luck!

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:29 pm

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:33 pm
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:56 am
Nasara1 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:39 pm
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:50 am
Stay strong. I guess they left ours to deal with all the EU nationals and straight forward cases.After a whole year they wrote to me twice in under a month.I believe the cases are moving forward

Hi N,
Please what did they say in their letters? Av been waiting for long now and after the COA was issued there has been no correspondence from them. I have called severally, same answer everytime and last week I lodge a complaint and until now, no response. It's really frustrating. 😡
They wanted me to upload proof of residency and my estranged wife's passport.Which I did I'm still waiting.It's been one week already and I've not heard from them since.
Hi N,
Thanks for your response. At least that's a step forward. It's good they are communicating, you will hear good news soon. Anytime I call them, they say" we dont need anything from you for now, you have submitted everything we need " and I keep wondering if you have everything you need, then what is keeping you from granting the settled status. I leave everything in God's hand. I pray we all hear good news soon.🙏
Praise God🙌🙌🙌 my settled status has been granted at last. After 11 months of several calls and a complaint, on the 3lst of July they asked for document and I submitted what they asked for same day and today I was sent the email. At last the stress is all over. I wish others still waiting best of luck.

Congrats

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Nasara1 wrote:
Update

Congrats

Tober
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by Tober » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:32 am

JohnoBololko wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 pm
JohnoBololko wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:57 am
Jo89 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:28 pm
JohnoBololko wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:25 pm
Applied online NON EU family member( applied online with passport)
- 16/09/2019 - Online application
- 02/10/2019 - Bio-metrics appointment
- 20/11/2019 9AM - Received COA
-20/11/2019 11AM - request to send evidence of EU citizen ID and EU citizen residence in UK (passport and 12 months bank statement sent) - uploaded via website + attached in email as a reply
21/11/2019 8AM - Status granted.
waiting for bio-metric card now
Hi,
Did you link your application to the EU family members or you applied before the EU family member.

Thanks
It was linked with EU family member
Just to add that they actually ask to send passport or EU settlement application number of EU citizen :)
That number was already on my application form.
Hi congratulation. What is the relationship between you and your EU sponsor .
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:35 am

Tober wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:32 am
JohnoBololko wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 pm
Hi congratulation. What is the relationship between you and your EU sponsor .
Thanks
This member has not logged in, been active or posted on the forum since 22 November last year. You are unlikely to get a response.

Also please do not dig up old posts and clutter the more recent posts in topics
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:07 am

Applied for Settled Status.
Applied: 26th July 2020
COA: 26th July
Settled Status: 13th August 2020
Good luck to Others waiting.. Bless
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Post by traveller9765 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am

unmarried partner application
There isn't a-lot of information about unmarried partners so i hope my post can help anyone in someway. My 5 years residence card was issued in June 2015 attached to my passport.

30th January 2020- biometrics completed for pre-settled status

8th March 2020- email that i need to submit a face image because the one at my biometrics appointment was invalid.

10th March 2020- COA received

30th July- Request for further relationship proof

17 August 2020- Settled status granted

9th June 2020 my eu partner received a call from a caseworker which lasted less than a minute and they asked if we still live together and said they do these checks from time to time. Exactly one month went by and still no news after the caseworker called, so i phoned the eu resolution centre and they informed me that the caseworker is considering my application for settled status instead of pre-settled status and they left a note that i will need relationship evidence for three years from June 2015 to March 2018.

I uploaded the evidence on the 10th of July and received a email for further documents for only the period June 2015 and March 2018.

16 days after uploading the documents i have been granted settled status.

Evidence used for my application
  • Partners bank statements 4 per year only showing screenshots of the address page, screenshot where it shows that i transfer half the rent to his account and screenshot of the direct debit to our landlord.
  • Tenancy agreement for the year 2019-2020
  • My bank statement for June 2015 and March 2018
  • My university letter for 2018-2020
good luck to everyone waiting for their status i know how frustrating the wait is

texturelikesun
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by texturelikesun » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:00 pm

traveller9765 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am
unmarried partner application
There isn't a-lot of information about unmarried partners so i hope my post can help anyone in someway. My 5 years residence card was issued in June 2015 attached to my passport.

30th January 2020- biometrics completed for pre-settled status

8th March 2020- email that i need to submit a face image because the one at my biometrics appointment was invalid.

10th March 2020- COA received

30th July- Request for further relationship proof

17 August 2020- Settled status granted

9th June 2020 my eu partner received a call from a caseworker which lasted less than a minute and they asked if we still live together and said they do these checks from time to time. Exactly one month went by and still no news after the caseworker called, so i phoned the eu resolution centre and they informed me that the caseworker is considering my application for settled status instead of pre-settled status and they left a note that i will need relationship evidence for three years from June 2015 to March 2018.

I uploaded the evidence on the 10th of July and received a email for further documents for only the period June 2015 and March 2018.

16 days after uploading the documents i have been granted settled status.

Evidence used for my application
  • Partners bank statements 4 per year only showing screenshots of the address page, screenshot where it shows that i transfer half the rent to his account and screenshot of the direct debit to our landlord.
  • Tenancy agreement for the year 2019-2020
  • My bank statement for June 2015 and March 2018
  • My university letter for 2018-2020
good luck to everyone waiting for their status i know how frustrating the wait is
Congrats !!!!

nour2020
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by nour2020 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:25 pm

please any can help
i applied for settled status on 13/07/2020
biometric appointment on 13/08/2020
i got COA after one hour
decision not yet i am waiting
now i have financial problem.. Can i have right to apply for public fun i mean Universal credit

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:27 pm

nour2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:25 pm
please any can help
i got COA after one hour
now i have financial problem.. Can i have right to apply for public fun i mean Universal credit
COA is not a decision. Wait for the decision then do what you want.

nour2020
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by nour2020 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:32 pm

i know COA a decision but my question
do i have right to apply for universal credit and is it affect my decision as i separat with my husband i do not have money to pay rent

nour2020
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by nour2020 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:27 pm
nour2020 wrote:
please any can help
i got COA after one hour
do i have right to apply for universal credit and is it affect my decision as i separat with my husband i do not have money to pay rent

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:48 pm

nour2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
nour2020 wrote:
please any can help
i got COA after one hour
You can apply for Universal Credit but they will look to see if you have been granted Settled Status and if you have not, they will refuse benefits, They will also refuse benefits if all you receive is pre-settled status.

Although the UK has left the EU, they are still in the transition period until 31 December 2020, which means that you might qualify for UK benefits under EU laws until 31 Decemebr 2020. For that, you need to show you have an EU laws Right to Reside in the UK and that your EEA or Swiss sponsor is being a Worker Qualified person or has PR.

If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, the landlord can't apply to the courts to have you evicted for failing to pay you rent until March 2020. If you live in England ot Wales, the landlord can't apply to the courts to have you evicted for another 4 weeks.

nour2020
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by nour2020 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:53 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:48 pm
nour2020 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
nour2020 wrote:
please any can help
i got COA after one hour
You can apply for Universal Credit but they will look to see if you have been granted Settled Status and if you have not, they will refuse benefits, They will also refuse benefits if all you receive is pre-settled status.

Although the UK has left the EU, they are still in the transition period until 31 December 2020, which means that you might qualify for UK benefits under EU laws until 31 Decemebr 2020. For that, you need to show you have an EU laws Right to Reside in the UK and that your EEA or Swiss sponsor is being a Worker Qualified person or has PR.

If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, the landlord can't apply to the courts to have you evicted for failing to pay you rent until March 2020. If you live in England ot Wales, the landlord can't apply to the courts to have you evicted for another 4 weeks.
I have been in the uk nearly 7 years
I applied setteled status I received CoA on 13/08/2020.
I am still Waiting the desicion. My question I have rights now to apply universal credit or no and if I applied is it affect my application