ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fanta

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by fanta » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:54 pm

I am an April applicant. The deadline to opt-out was 7th August for me. I email to opt-out on 4th August.

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Received appointment booking invitation 15 mins back. Booked one for 1st Sep (Mark Lane). Earliest availability in London area was from the week starting 24th Aug

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Booked an appointment for Saturday I saw there were lot of appointments in croydon and also after 24th August at other places.
All appointments were paid one most of them costing 135£ but there were lot of time slots available.
I opted out on 3rd August and didn't received any email from UKVCAS to book appointment.
After I saw few people reported it on ILR subforum tried my luck :D

By the way I applied on 18th June for naturalisation. Good luck to everyone.

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 pm

IF I CANCEL my appointment and rebook to another date, will UKVCAS charge the fees the second time???

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm

amazingneo wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:04 pm
IF I CANCEL my appointment and rebook to another date, will UKVCAS charge the fees the second time???
Given the situation, I would advise you to stay put with what you got now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm
amazingneo wrote:
Yeah.. in the hurry, I did not check in Croydon carefully, almost scanned through rest of the London ones. I totally missed that there were appointments in Croydon for this Saturday :-(

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Finally, managed to book Ipswich 21st August £69.90. By the time I logged in most slots for earlier appointments had gone but it's not too bad. 1st hurdle done

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:28 pm

amazingneo wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm
amazingneo wrote:
Yeah.. in the hurry, I did not check in Croydon carefully, almost scanned through rest of the London ones. I totally missed that there were appointments in Croydon for this Saturday :-(
Took the chance - cancelled the Mark Lane, booked Croydon for 15th Aug. Never thought that a simple act of booking an appointment to submit fingerprints could feel so winning :lol:

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Fell like regretting now by not opting out.
What a joke seriously!!

Cocobana

Post by Cocobana » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Opted out on the 7th got to book an appointment for the 20th at Maidstone this evening.
Paid £69

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Does anyone receive anything regarding the idv app?
Thanks

amazingneo
Newly Registered

Post by amazingneo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:05 pm

skasyap wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:45 pm
Fell like regretting now by not opting out.
What a joke seriously!!
You never know, you may get moved on to the 'next stage' even before most of the appoints (over next 2 weeks) secured by those who opted-out. I do not have any trust on the processing timelines even after the appoint/biometrics is done.

Optyy88
Newly Registered

Post by Optyy88 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 pm

Confidence wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 am
Confidence wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:29 pm
Good news

I applied 29th April
Got email for biometric reuse 4th July
Submitted my documents on 23rd of July on ukvcas
Got decision via email today
Successful application. Just waiting for ceremony to open. Good luck everyone waiting
Hey guys!

Please always check your spam folders for emails, don't just delete without checking. I received my citizenship decision over 2 weeks ago through my spam folder.

My friend applied in March 2020 and biometrics 16th June then decision 30th June. He only realized yesterday about the decision after checking his spam folder.

Good luck everyone waiting 😊
Thank you very much for the information. I just checked my spam email and my spouse's decision letter was there.

nyk1981
Newly Registered

Post by nyk1981 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:53 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you on my discussion with Home office. So I am in the pool for biometric reuse and I chose to wait for the IDV app. After asking multiple times the Home office person told me that the roll out of app has begun with few people and people should be receiving email invites in couple of weeks. I am from the July pool of submitted application so I am hoping to hear some news by end of this month or early Sept.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:55 am

nyk1981 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:53 am
Thanks for sharing your experience. So far no one (at least on this forum) has reported receiving an invite for IDV app (not even anyone from March/April).
But since UKVCAS has kept its promise to roll out appointments for opt-outs, I am hopeful UKVCAS will start rolling the app in August also as they claimed. Lets see.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Home Office & UKVCAS should use their common sense , if the IDV app is not functioning properly/ if there is such a backlog they should either ask the applicants to email them the picture, as long as they are getting our photo image via some source they should suffice or reuse our photos as well as they have done for fingerprints but no.........

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:22 pm

I am no IT wizz, but I am wondering - they already have an app for EU registrations where you scan in the passport and take a photo, would it not be easier as to quickly reconfigure that and just let people submit the photo via that?? I would assume that would not be too difficult.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 pm

They just need to reuse facial image specially when they are struggling with such backlogs, but no they will introduce all these fancy apps which they haven't even tested before. This is such a long wait and by chance if the application gets approved then Que up for the ceremony, then Que for British passport application and again wait , then surrender your country's passport as many countries do not allow dual citizenship and by that time you will be 60 years old.

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm

I submitted my application and paid for it on 19th of July. I received an email from UKVCAS on 5th of August and booked my biometric appointment for early September. However only today I received an email from home office saying :
"Dear customer,
Case ID: xxxxxxxx
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered."

Is this normal? I was thinking I should have received home office email right after my payment ?
I was out of the UK 5 years ago from 3rd to 13th of August. I hope they consider the day that I paid for my application and submitted as the day they received my application
Last edited by vahidfar on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:59 pm

vahidfar wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm
I submitted my application and paid for it on 19th of July. I received an email from UKVCAS on 5th of August and booked my biometric appointment for early September. However only today I received an email from home office saying :
"Dear customer,
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered."
This is an auto system generated email. Many times it is received within 1-2 days after application. Some do not receive it at all. Some receive it later in the course. Its some technical error how the system pushes emails. Nothing to worry.

Edit: Date of application is the date when you paid online so dont worry.

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:59 pm
vahidfar wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm
"Dear customer,
This is an auto system generated email. Many times it is received within 1-2 days after application. Some do not receive it at all. Some receive it later in the course. Its some technical error how the system pushes emails. Nothing to worry.

Edit: Date of application is the date when you paid online so dont worry.
Thanks!

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:14 pm

nbhatt wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:34 pm
They just need to reuse facial image specially when they are struggling with such backlogs, but no they will introduce all these fancy apps which they haven't even tested before. This is such a long wait and by chance if the application gets approved then Que up for the ceremony, then Que for British passport application and again wait , then surrender your country's passport as many countries do not allow dual citizenship and by that time you will be 60 years old.
When the post office was taking biometrics everything was just so much more simple!

daenyt
Mood:

Post by daenyt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm

aseef935 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:27 pm
Just sent the Email to OPT OUT from IDV App, I applied in June, Its taking ages to launch the app !!!
Any luck with this? I decided not to OPT OUT as well, but now I kinda regret my decision.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:46 pm

clearly Home office is not going by date order but applicants who are paying extra for Biometrics are getting there applications processed. Applicants who have applied between March & June are stuck this is just not fair it is money making business in reality no body should pay any extra for Biometrics

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by vahidfar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:29 pm

nbhatt wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:46 pm
clearly Home office is not going by date order but applicants who are paying extra for Biometrics are getting there applications processed. Applicants who have applied between March & June are stuck this is just not fair it is money making business in reality no body should pay any extra for Biometrics
I actually managed go book a free slot in Croydon