ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for wife - 5 yrs route - new or exisitng service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: ILR for wife - 5 yrs route - new or exisitng service

Post by n8net » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:09 pm

thanks cr001.

the problem I have is the 'valid passport', as posted before her passport has expired, so do UKVACS check and can they reject the biometric or do they do this regardless and leave it only for case worker to decide ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:06 pm

any update pls?

just worried she will not even be allowed to give Biometric without passport - has it happened or can it?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:26 pm

any input on the above pls? also if none of the original docs are submitted, how will HO verify the validity of the docs? does it open itself for fraud as you can easily amend stuff?

may be they do internal verifications.

just also concerned they did not ask for Marriage ceritificate to be submitted...

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:43 pm

They perform their own checks. As it was repeated to you, you need a valid passport.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:23 pm

who is they here pls?> UKVCAS or HO?

appreciate, ideally I need a passport, but given I hv already applied without one, what can i do now so that wife can get pass UKVCAS as the Bio metric card also expired now.

pls let me know any idea/suggestions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:37 pm

They = HO.

Ukcvas is simply a this party agency for biomterics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:31 pm

thanks cr001, so they do not have the authority to deny giving biometric for not having a valid identification ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:12 pm

You must bring your current passport with you to the service point or you risk being turned away
from your appointment. If your current passport is with UKVI at the time of your appointment and
you can provide evidence to this effect, you will be able to continue with your appointment
providing you bring with you to your appointment an alternative form of ID.
UKVCAS FAQ: https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

You may be able to attend the appointment with an alternative evidence like the BRP however UKVI caseworker very likely demand a current passport. You seem to be adamant that there must be a way out of this without a valid passport. You should accept that this is purely an assumption on your part and you may very well be denied/refused visa services without a valid passport. We have now repeated this many many times to you and provided the immigration rules and the legal justifications for this. If I were you, I would be focused on getting a new passport for her
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:13 pm

thanks Zimba for the link it is very useful.

pls note, I hv acknowledged not reneweing the passport is a mistake in hindsight.

and all I am trying to do is find a way out as renewing the passport now is going to be a problem with the home country taking at least 3 months.

the BRP has also expired now, so she does not have 'any' *valid* form of ID.

is there something else I can do, at least as far as being able to attend the UVCAS appointment?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:53 pm

n8net wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:13 pm

pls note, I hv acknowledged not reneweing the passport is a mistake in hindsight.

and all I am trying to do is find a way out as renewing the passport now is going to be a problem with the home country taking at least 3 months.

is there something else I can do, at least as far as being able to attend the UVCAS appointment?
UKVCAS may refuse service to your wife unfortunately

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:02 am

n8net wrote:

Passport (which should be valid) is expired, BRP expired, what would you now use as form of ID? Just making a straight forward matter worse.
Does she possess any other form of ID relating to her current nationality e.g. some countries do have a National Identity card, National Drivers License? Acceptability of this for ID at the appointment is another matter.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 am

n8net wrote:

You can apply for ILR and attach proof that a new passport has been applied for i.e emails from Nigerian immigration service confirming your application, receipt if you have paid any monies, a copy of the application , if you have it and an explanation on your ILR form confirming you've applied for a new passport and the prevailing circumstances.

Thats what HO asked me to do , show proof that indeed an application has been made. And should you receive it after your ill, you send them a copy for their records.

The above was what A forum member was advised to do by HO. May be this can also work. Or contact HO or UKVAC to give you specific advice suited to your circumstances.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:59 am

thanks guys...

but Zimba, the same PDF you sent me had 'expired passport allowed' for UKVCAS..so think we should be ok as far as UKVACS at least.

and I wil see if passport can be renewed between UKVCAS and HO decision.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 pm

That para specifically applies to those whose current passports are with UKVI at the time of biometric appointment and the options to use alternative ID.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:55 pm

true..but convenitently it does not say 'valid' and expired passports seems to be accepted.(wording is expired but not cancelled)

so should be Ok, I guess at least for UKVCAS

any 1 aware of people being turned away just because of expired passports by UKVCAS on this forum or elsewhere ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Mods,

any particualr reason why my ac on 'thin-ice' pls, even after joining 10 yrs ago..

I have knowingly not violated any of the rules. I see even new members who joined couple fo years ago progressing through the ranks?

pls let me know what I should do to progress throu the ranks / when this will be reviewed etc..

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:59 am

n8net wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:11 am
Hi Mods,

any particualr reason why my ac on 'thin-ice' pls, even after joining 10 yrs ago..

I have knowingly not violated any of the rules. I see even new members who joined couple fo years ago progressing through the ranks?

pls let me know what I should do to progress throu the ranks / when this will be reviewed etc..

thanks
You have been on thin ice since may 2017 and it is unlikely to change anytime soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:49 pm

after having made the application on the 15th July which is stuck in the UKVI / UKVCAS quagmire, we are pallning to move house.

a) how do I prove to future landlord my wife has made the application as I only got a reference number and no official letter

b) How do I inform UKVI of my new address

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:43 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:49 pm

a) how do I prove to future landlord my wife has made the application as I only got a reference number and no official letter
Better to not leave the current home as the reference for the new tenancy might not succeed as the new landlord won't bother to approach to UKVI likewise an employer do. Also if you have received a section 21 notice, even then you aren't required to leave immediately and all evictions are banned at least until 23rd August, after then these might take even 1-2 years to process. In the meanwhile, continue paying the rent in timely to avoid complications of S8. However, if you are a lodger then aforementioned immunity won't apply to you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi seagul,

yes I am aware of bans on evictions, but there is an accelerated route though, yes we have been served s21. also I do not want to have the strain of liliving under section 21 and pay landlord's legal costs.

also found a cheaper one - housing market is going down in London in terms of rents..

so no way of letting estate agents know ? and importantly no way of changing address with UKVI ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:08 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:02 pm
Hi seagul,

yes I am aware of bans on evictions, but there is an accelerated route though, yes we have been served s21. also I do not want to have the strain of liliving under section 21 and pay landlord's legal costs.
Since the forum is immigration related so can't provide an in-depth insight over it. Also remember S21 is not necessarily are valid or remain unexpired.
n8net wrote:
also found a cheaper one - housing market is going down in London in terms of rents..
In reality yes but middlemen will enunciate it oppositely
n8net wrote:
so no way of letting estate agents know ? and importantly no way of changing address with UKVI ?
No harm in keep trying as perhaps someone understand your predicament. Regarding UKVI, you can use a covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Thanks Cullinan and Seagul.

It is proving to be tricky convincing landlord of section 3 that my wife VISA is extended.

do UKVI not even send ack email these days - think they just need a letter from UKVI, all we got now
is the only reference and re-use email..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:48 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:34 pm
Thanks Cullinan and Seagul.

It is proving to be tricky convincing landlord of section 3 that my wife VISA is extended.

do UKVI not even send ack email these days - think they just need a letter from UKVI, all we got now
is the only reference and re-use email..
At maximum an auto email confirming the lodgement of case arrives which almost near to nothing. Your landlord can use following link:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ation.ofml

Another alternate is to become lodgers during the process of application and most often resident landlords are seemed relaxed & cooperative.