ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Appointments

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anker
Newly Registered
Ireland

GNIB Appointments

Post by anker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 am

Hi. Since the GNIB office reopened on 20th of July, does anyone know how long it takes for the GNIB to reply to an email appointment request? From what I can see, the online system is still suspended. This is for a new stamp 4 application for my fianceé (after we get married in October), rather than a rescheduled appointment that was cancelled due to COVID. Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: GNIB Appointments

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:16 am

I sent a few different requests to that email address and it takes about 2-4 weeks for them to reply to me. Since the reopening of the Burgh Quay office I can only imagine that they will have an even larger backlog of emails and may take even longer to reply back.

anker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by anker » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 am

OK thanks! When they do reply, is it immediately with an appointment date? I'm just conscious of my fianceé's current status expiring. She arrived yesterday and is currently on a 90 day permission to remain

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:55 pm

That I don’t know unfortunately. I didn’t request for an appointment from them.

A lot (I mean LOT) of people wouldn’t be able to register within 90 days, so don’t worry about it. You just need to make sure you have evidence (I.e. your email) to prove that you have tried your best.

Kerrymatt
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kerrymatt » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

FWIW once you get your appointment, I can confirm they're turning around GNIB cards in 2 weeks, just picked mine up the other day. This was in Killarney, a smaller office than Dublin :D

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:10 pm

Kerrymatt wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm
FWIW once you get your appointment, I can confirm they're turning around GNIB cards in 2 weeks, just picked mine up the other day. This was in Killarney, a smaller office than Dublin :D
There simply aren’t that many foreigners outside of the capital :D
I lived in Louth for the first year and I did my registration on the very next day - go to the Garda station, take the fingerprint and picture, pay the money, job done. Imagine how surprised I was when I moved to Dublin and had to start queuing from 5am to get a ticket for late afternoon. Even after the introduction of the online appointment system, it usually takes us days of constant refreshing the appointment page to get one slot.