ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appointment issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

paru.org
India

online application extension query

Post by paru.org » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Hi

I am new to this online application, I have paid IHS(£2000) and application fee (£2104)for FLR(m) extension for my wife and 1 dependent child , now on

UKVICAS website I can't find any appointment for biometrics on any of center?
what time of day/night should i try to find one online?

As they already hold biometric details of both so do they have to give them again? I heard they using previous ones now because of Covid-19?

Many thanks..

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: online application extension query

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:48 pm

paru.org wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Hi

I am new to this online application, I have paid IHS(£2000) and application fee (£2104)for FLR(m) extension for my wife and 1 dependent child , now on

what time of day/night should i try to find one online? You keep checking.

As they already hold biometric details of both so do they have to give them again? I heard they using previous ones now because of Covid-19?
Yes on the reuse of biometrics though criteria for selection is not clear. You will receive a mail wit instructions if the applicants are selected.

Many thanks..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:50 pm

paru.org wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Hi

what time of day/night should i try to find one online?

Many thanks..

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications on/before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the former group, you will be invited to attend biometrics only after system opens up for August applicants.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Many thanks CULLINAN and Amazonian X

Very helpful info provided by you..

Lastly I have uploaded all the documents on UKVCAS website,
so now how to submit them to UKVI? I don't see any option "submit button"on UKVCAS website

"Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:51 pm

paru.org wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:36 pm
Many thanks CULLINAN and Amazonian X

Very helpful info provided by you..

Lastly I have uploaded all the documents on UKVCAS website,
so now how to submit them to UKVI? I don't see any option "submit button"on UKVCAS website

"Uploading documents onto the UKVCAS website

If you upload documents to the UKVCAS website, you can submit them to UKVI before completing your biometric or identity verification check. Don’t worry. You only need to upload each document once. This can be via the website, at a Service Point, or through the UKVCAS Identify Verification app."
Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

paru.org
India

appointment issue

Post by paru.org » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:48 pm

application to ukvcas submitted 16th august

today received this email:
"UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you are not eligible for its new biometric reuse policy. This means you must book an appointment to complete your visa application and cannot use the UKVCAS IDV app that you may have heard about."

it was extension application for wife and 1 kid (9yr), dont know why they not reusing biometrics?
whats their criteria for that.

but can't find any free appt till 04/10, they charging upto £170 ?

any one know the best times to find free appt on ukvcas?

paru.org
India

Re: appointment issue

Post by paru.org » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 am

also they say:

"Upload your documents
You must upload your supporting documents online before your appointment, and you must bring your original supporting documents with you to your appointment.

We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment."

do i need to bring all originals supp docs with me i uploaded already, r they joking, that's a lot to print for me .. i didn't opted for their scan service?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 am

paru.org wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:48 pm
application to ukvcas submitted 16th august

today received this email:
"UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you are not eligible for its new biometric reuse policy. This means you must book an appointment to complete your visa application and cannot use the UKVCAS IDV app that you may have heard about."

it was extension application for wife and 1 kid (9yr), dont know why they not reusing biometrics?
whats their criteria for that.

but can't find any free appt till 04/10, they charging upto £170 ?

any one know the best times to find free appt on ukvcas?
UKVCAS have stated that the free appointments get booked up very quickly.

I suppose it is not in their interest to release lots of them.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:39 am

paru.org wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:21 am
also they say:

"Upload your documents
You must upload your supporting documents online before your appointment, and you must bring your original supporting documents with you to your appointment.

We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment."

do i need to bring all originals supp docs with me i uploaded already, r they joking, that's a lot to print for me .. i didn't opted for their scan service?
Many have not taken all of their supporting docs and it was fine.

It is more of a standard/template statement.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."