ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

erfervercves
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by erfervercves » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi, did anyone book an appointment in London recently and could share rough info on availability? I would like to reschedule my appointment and get one within the next 2 weeks, but I can't see the available dates until I cancel.

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by JT123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:32 pm
I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.
Hello, this is super helpful, thanks!

I am at step 3 as I just completed online application last week. I never provided biometric details (always queued up lanes that I had to present my ILR stamp & passport at airport immigration in the past) - so in that case, I can only make a booking once I receive email from UKVCAS to make booking and not before?

As for step 4 - I am hoping that I could book extra scanning & checking services but if unavailable, but under what circumstances is one allowed to provide more documents via appointment? Will photocopies be sufficient or will they scan from the original if necessary?

I assume '6 months' period starts once step 5 is over?

Sorry for many misc. questions, but would appreciate any feedback!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:13 pm

JT123 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:56 pm
I can only make a booking once I receive email from UKVCAS to make booking and not before?
Yes it will be invitation only after system opens up for August applicants (if you are chosen to attend).
I am hoping that I could book extra scanning & checking services but if unavailable, but under what circumstances is one allowed to provide more documents via appointment? Will photocopies be sufficient or will they scan from the original if necessary?
If you purchase documents checking service, you can not benefit from the submit button for now as your documents will NOT be sent to UKVI. If you submit now, without purchasing the documents checking service, documents will be sent to UKVI. Submit button can be used only ONCE. However, you will be able to upload more but will be able to submit at your appointment/via IDV app. Scans are fine. No originals needed.
I assume '6 months' period starts once step 5 is over
It is the standard 6 months from date of biometrics. But surprisingly these days the timelines show the decisions are made very quickly. Members who went for biometrics, have reported receiving approvals within 5-10 days after biometrics. So apparently some kind of processing is going at the back end even without biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by JT123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:13 pm
Many thanks for prompt reply!!
Yes it will be invitation only after system opens up for August applicants (if you are chosen to attend).
Guess I'd have to wait till I receive that email then...attempted to make calls them, but I guess they won't let me make appointment until they send that invitation anyways...
If you purchase documents checking service, you can not benefit from the submit button for now as your documents will NOT be sent to UKVI. If you submit now, without purchasing the documents checking service, documents will be sent to UKVI. Submit button can be used only ONCE. However, you will be able to upload more but will be able to submit at your appointment/via IDV app. Scans are fine. No originals needed.
So reading above, I could upload documents before appointment is made/extra services are purchased - then could still purchase documents checking service at the time when booking is made...? Not quite clear that I can submit only once (via site's submit button) but can upload more at my appointments - will they allow people to add/correct documents?
It is the standard 6 months from date of biometrics. But surprisingly these days the timelines show the decisions are made very quickly. Members who went for biometrics, have reported receiving approvals within 5-10 days after biometrics. So apparently some kind of processing is going at the back end even without biometrics.
Wow...not sure that quick turnaround during Covid-19 - having said that, submitting documents via UKVACS site might benefit to cut down the time?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:47 pm

JT123 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:14 pm
Guess I'd have to wait till I receive that email then...attempted to make calls them, but I guess they won't let me make appointment until they send that invitation anyways...
You will only waste your time/money calling the helpline. You will have to wait for official updates.
So reading above, I could upload documents before appointment is made/extra services are purchased - then could still purchase documents checking service at the time when booking is made...? Not quite clear that I can submit only once (via site's submit button) but can upload more at my appointments - will they allow people to add/correct documents?
In normal circumstances, you can only purchase documents checking service at the time of booking your appointment.
Since, you can not book the appointment for now, this does not apply.
Tbh, documents checking service is a waste of £35 in my opinion. The staff checks your documents at the appointment regardless.

Having said that, for now you have an option to submit via UKVCAS portal. That would be the best approach to use. Lets say you submit. You will only get the option to submit once. Make sure your documents are complete before you submit.

Lets say, you would like to add more documents AFTER hitting the submit button, you can not.

Then, you will ONLY be able to upload to the system but not submit to UKVI until your appointment or via IDV app at a later stage.

Hope it is clear now.
Wow...not sure that quick turnaround during Covid-19 - having said that, submitting documents via UKVACS site might benefit to cut down the time
As previously stated, it would be the best approach in my opinion.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:55 am
What is an App called ? I can’t see anything related to IDV on App Store yet.
Available on Apple App store too, with the same name as on google play store "UKVCAS IDV"

JT123
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by JT123 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:47 pm
JT123 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:14 pm
You will only waste your time/money calling the helpline. You will have to wait for official updates.
In normal circumstances, you can only purchase documents checking service at the time of booking your appointment.
Since, you can not book the appointment for now, this does not apply.
Tbh, documents checking service is a waste of £35 in my opinion. The staff checks your documents at the appointment regardless.

Having said that, for now you have an option to submit via UKVCAS portal. That would be the best approach to use. Lets say you submit. You will only get the option to submit once. Make sure your documents are complete before you submit.

Lets say, you would like to add more documents AFTER hitting the submit button, you can not.

Then, you will ONLY be able to upload to the system but not submit to UKVI until your appointment or via IDV app at a later stage.

Hope it is clear now.
Wow...not sure that quick turnaround during Covid-19 - having said that, submitting documents via UKVACS site might benefit to cut down the time
As previously stated, it would be the best approach in my opinion.
Thank you soooo much, your advice has been very helpful!

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:43 pm

I don’t see the app in Apple App Store (iOS v 13.6)

Haven’t received any email from UKVCAS either regarding the app.

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Baba_Ge wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm
skasyap wrote:
Available on Apple App store too, with the same name as on google play store "UKVCAS IDV"
However, following error message is shown when attempted to login on the mobile app with UKVCAS website login details:
"This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access."

Next step, be patient :) and wait until the invitation email for using the app is received.

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:47 pm

blueskies89 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Here is the link for the app on app-store:
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/ukvcas-idv/id1524282857
Requires iOS 12+

And this is the link for Android app (Google play store):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eapp&hl=en

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:58 pm

blueskies89 wrote:

"This app is available only on the App Store for idiot-phone."

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Baba_Ge wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:58 pm
blueskies89 wrote:

"This app is available only on the App Store for i-phone."

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:05 pm

Interesting. If I do a search it doesn’t return any results but if I go through the link you posted I can see the app.

Thanks @Baba_Ge

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 pm

Also found the app on App Store for idiot-phone. We just need that email/invitation/update now!!
Wondering how long that will take but it’s encouraging so far!

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Fendi wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:28 pm
Also found the app on App Store for idiot-phone. We just need that email/invitation/update now!!
Wondering how long that will take but it’s encouraging so far!
I am thinking that the first emails will probably start next week

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:12 pm

Fingers crossed!!
And it’s “i” “phone”!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:57 pm

I can view the IDV app on the apple store also now... hopefully soon invites will be sent....

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:04 am

its interesting that the screenshots of the app shows uploading doucments as well.
hope we don't have to upload all the docs again on the app and it just asks to take photos.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 am

skasyap wrote:
You may want to search for UKVCAS IDV on Play Store

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:34 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:57 pm
I can view the IDV app on the apple store also now... hopefully soon invites will be sent....
Yea I found as well and downloaded. Let’s wait for UKVCAS email then so that we can submit whatever they need.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:50 am

17. When will the UKVCAS IDV app be available?
The IDV app will be available to selected applicants from week commencing the 17 August 2020
Page 22

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:51 am

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:04 am
its interesting that the screenshots of the app shows uploading doucments as well.
hope we don't have to upload all the docs again on the app and it just asks to take photos.
I am hoping that the documents that we have submitted through the UKVCAS website would show up on the IDV app as previously submitted documents, once we are able to log in.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am

passat wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:51 am
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:04 am
I am hoping that the documents that we have submitted through the UKVCAS website would show up on the IDV app as previously submitted documents, once we are able to log in.
In fact this answer from the recently published FAQs shared by @CULLINAN confirms it:

"18. I’ve started my application via the UKVCAS website and have been invited to use the
UKVCAS IDV App, what happens to my current application?
Any documents uploaded to your current application through the UKVCAS website will be available
on the IDV app. You will be able to see these on the IDV app after you log on."

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:38 am

thanks,
yeah hope its built that way :-)

Baba_Ge
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Baba_Ge » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:04 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:50 am
17. When will the UKVCAS IDV app be available?
The IDV app will be available to selected applicants from week commencing the 17 August 2020
Page 22

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
The document available at this link has only 18 pages. Not sure where did you find this info from?