ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stonelove
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by stonelove » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi Guys,

Just asking what will happen to those of us who opted out after the deadline of the 07/08/2020, due to no fault of our own my Solicitor was on Holiday, Would we eventually get a link to book an appointment or we will not, or will they assume that because we missed the deadline we will be put in the IDV app any advice will be appreciated thanks.

atao
Newly Registered

Post by atao » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:34 pm

so glad that things are moving and long waited applicants are now finally making appointments. but on the other hand it feels like they are working towards making another backlog. I hope they won't keep August applicants waiting until September.

samsmith
Newly Registered

Post by samsmith » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 pm

People have literally applied in MARCH and APRIL and are still waiting to enrol their biometrics. People really need to start thinking beyond themselves for a change.

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:47 pm

stonelove wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm
Hi Guys,

Just asking what will happen to those of us who opted out after the deadline of the 07/08/2020, due to no fault of our own my Solicitor was on Holiday, Would we eventually get a link to book an appointment or we will not, or will they assume that because we missed the deadline we will be put in the IDV app any advice will be appreciated thanks.
A more permanent opt-out process will eventually be put in place, as UKVCAS have acknowledged that some may have trouble using the app or may not have a compatible phone. However there is currently no published timetable. You will probably need to wait and see if there is an opt-out opportunity again for August applicants. Maybe worth trying to opt out again then.

atao
Newly Registered

Post by atao » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:50 pm

samsmith wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 pm
People have literally applied in MARCH and APRIL and are still waiting to enrol their biometrics. People really need to start thinking beyond themselves for a change.
easy... noone said we should be put before you, don't try to find a scapegoat to yourself. either divert your anger to whoever you're angry with or take a deep breath.

sustbd

Post by sustbd » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Mitras wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 am
miche868 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 pm
Mitras wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:52 am
miche868 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 pm
I applied for ILR on July 1st Set(M) and I have received and email tonight at 10:40pm stating that I did not fall into the biometrics reuse even though my last renewal was in Jan 2018. I do have a 9 year old child so maybe that's why. The email stated that the system was now open for me to book an appointment.

There were no free appointment. I could have gotten an appointment in Sheffield tomorrow for £270 but I opted for Friday at £140.

I have not received the confirmation email with the QR code as yet though.
I too applied on 1st July and same Set(M) category. So, fingers crossed. Hopefully I will get an email. can you tell me from which email id do you get the email. I will make sure I dont inadvertently delete it from SPAM. Thanks.
Hi,

I got it from
FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk
Thank you. Got the appointment for 14th august and completed bio metric. Now waiting for the decision.
Please share with us after getting the decision. I submitted my biometric on August 15. Thanks.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:19 pm
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:12 pm
Guys, quick question if I may...

As per my appointment invitation (09/09/2020) I am required to upload my docs via UKVCAS. So my passport and my consent forms are fine and marked "submitted". The other docs are marked as "uploaded files" but not "submitted" - is it normal?
If not how do I get them into the "submitted" stage?

thank you!
Did you click the submitt button after passport and consent form and before uploading the other documents? You only get the one chance to click submit.
Sorry it may sound like a stupid question, what do you mean by “you only get one chance to submit”? My understanding is that one can remove the uploaded documents and resubmit? Also I’ve uploaded my passport and consent form separately under the “mandatory documents” category.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
Maddy_1992 wrote:

As per my appointment invitation (09/09/2020) I am required to upload my docs via UKVCAS. So my passport and my consent forms are fine and marked "submitted". The other docs are marked as "uploaded files" but not "submitted" - is it normal?

thank you!
Did you click the submitt button after passport and consent form and before uploading the other documents? You only get the one chance to click submit.
Sorry it may sound like a stupid question, what do you mean by “you only get one chance to submit”? My understanding is that one can remove the uploaded documents and resubmit? Also I’ve uploaded my passport and consent form separately under the “mandatory documents” category.
You can upload documents as many times. However, those who get the SUBMIT option which is submitting directly to UKVI, can only submit once on the portal. Anything uploaded after you clicked submit won't be submitted by UKCVAS until the biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Maddy_1992 wrote:

thank you!
You can upload documents as many times. However, those who get the SUBMIT option which is submitting directly to UKVI, can only submit once on the portal. Anything uploaded after you clicked submit won't be submitted by UKCVAS until the biometric appointment.
Thanks very much! I just see I can submit my docs too!! Does this mean I will get an interim decision/be allowed to book an appointment soon 😂

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Just writing my experience if its of any help to anyone:

Applied for SET(O) from Tier 2 Gen on 25 July and uploaded all documents on same day on UKVCAS portal. Got biometric reuse e-mail on 5th Aug with an option to opt out of IDV app by 10th Aug, 5pm. Opted out on 7th Aug in the morning.
Got e-mail inviting to book appointment on 13th Aug. Managed to book for 15th Aug in Glasgow. (all appointments were paid only and cost £110 per person).
Biometrics appointment lasted about 10 mins, they took photo and finger prints, scanned all pages of the passport. They did not ask for anything else, not even BRP. They then said, the ILR application to UKVI is now complete and I should wait to hear from them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:39 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks very much! I just see I can submit my docs too!! Does this mean I will get an interim decision/be allowed to book an appointment soon 😂
You won't get an 'interim decision'. Depending on when you applied will depend on when you can book an appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sez30

Post by Sez30 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:47 pm

We have submitted our docs on UKVCAS, but one document was missed I’m assuming we will have the opportunity to upload it when the app goes live.

samsmith
Newly Registered

Post by samsmith » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:49 pm

atao wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:50 pm
samsmith wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 pm
easy... noone said we should be put before you, don't try to find a scapegoat to yourself. either divert your anger to whoever you're angry with or take a deep breath.
No anger here but if you've applied in July or August out of consideration for others please consider not moaning about having to wait another month.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:24 pm

Kris001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Applied for SET(O) from Tier 2 Gen on 25 July and uploaded all documents on same day on UKVCAS portal. Got biometric reuse e-mail on 5th Aug with an option to opt out of IDV app by 10th Aug, 5pm. Opted out on 7th Aug in the morning.
Got e-mail inviting to book appointment on 13th Aug. Managed to book for 15th Aug in Glasgow. (all appointments were paid only and cost £110 per person).
Biometrics appointment lasted about 10 mins, they took photo and finger prints, scanned all pages of the passport. They did not ask for anything else, not even BRP. They then said, the ILR application to UKVI is now complete and I should wait to hear from them.
Thanks

Did you submit all docs to Ukvi using submit button and did the staff at center confirm this with for you on their own computer?

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Dear fellow August applicants.
Let us keep being hopeful even though we are not yet allowed to book appointments or join the much awaited IDV app :)

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:44 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:24 pm
Kris001 wrote:

Thanks

Did you submit all docs to Ukvi using submit button and did the staff at center confirm this with for you on their own computer?
I uploaded & submitted all documents on UKVCAS portal. Yes, there was a submit button. They did not confirm anything and I did not ask them to.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Kris001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:44 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Kris001 wrote:

Thanks

I uploaded & submitted all documents on UKVCAS portal. Yes, there was a submit button. They did not confirm anything and I did not ask them to.
OK thanks so I assume you only carried your passport BRP to the center or also a print out of the submitted documents?

j4v3d
Mood:

Post by j4v3d » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:37 pm

It's recommended that you take the original documents that you've scanned and the passport just to be on the safe side. 👍

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:57 pm

I’ve just checked Apple store and found the IDV app there. I downloaded the app but as expected it’s still not possible to login in to the app now.
It’s positive sign fellas!

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Just searched Ukvcas IDV on apple store and it was there, good to see the app at least available, unable to login but this week will be a good week for everyone. Fingers crossed

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:33 pm

debrancherenzym wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:06 pm
Just searched Ukvcas IDV on apple store and it was there, good to see the app at least available, unable to login but this week will be a good week for everyone. Fingers crossed
That's a great news to end the day. Cheers everyone!

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:37 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:01 pm
Kris001 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:44 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Kris001 wrote:

Thanks

OK thanks so I assume you only carried your passport BRP to the center or also a print out of the submitted documents?
I took all originals like passport, brp, English language cert. All other submitted documents (employer letter, payslip, bank statements) on a pendrive, as they never existed as physical copies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:10 pm

A reminder to members posting in this thread NOT to post timeline only posts here, they will be removed.

Post timelines in the specific timeline only topics we already have!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sustbd

Post by sustbd » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:04 am

Kris001 wrote:

Please share with us after getting a decision from UKVI. I have submitted my biometric August 15 as well. Thanks.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 am

sustbd wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:04 am
Kris001 wrote:

Please share with us after getting a decision from UKVI. I have submitted my biometric August 15 as well. Thanks.
hey how was your appointment experience? Did you I take with you all originals like passport, brp, English language cert and also all other submitted documents (employer letter, payslip, bank statements) on a pendrive?