ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications - return of passports

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Patchwork
Newly Registered

Citizenship applications - return of passports

Post by Patchwork » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Has anyone who submitted an application since March had their passport returned yet? I sent mine off at the end of May (in the couple of days when the advice was that it was okay to send as long as the application was complete, before they changed it to 'strongly advise waiting until mid-July') and haven't had anything back. I saw the announcement a couple of weeks ago to say that nothing submitted since March had been verified, but wondering whether they've started working their way through the backlog yet.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications - return of passports

Post by Vorona » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:52 pm

I have submitted mine in March as well, and heard nothing since then. They resumed processing through the backlog this month so hopefully those who submitted passport in March and April will be getting them back by the end of August.

chrisinpm
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by chrisinpm » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 pm

I mailed my passport application on March 16th from New Jersey, USA.

It sort of fell into a limbo because of the pandemic, though I did know they were working on it because the embassy called my notary to confirm he saw me sign in. He notified me about the call so I was confident they still had it.

The passport status finally changed to "Processing" on July 27th. The estimated issue date was September 9th - but the very next day on July 28th, the status was changed to "Dispatched" and the application listed as completed.

I'm not sure how long it would take to arrive back here via return post, but I think I remember seeing someone on these forums mention 10 days or so.

I will try and remember to post a follow-up when I receive it.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 pm

chrisinpm, the passports we are talking about are non-Irish passport that are posted with the application for Irish citizenship. Passports are then examined and returned to the applicants so they could travel. It would normally take a month or so to get them back, but with this corona thing it's taking months.

You must be talking about regular Irish passports.

chrisinpm
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by chrisinpm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 am

I am. Apologies for cluttering up the thread with irrelevant info!

Patchwork
Newly Registered

Post by Patchwork » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:03 pm

I got an email from them yesterday to say they were about to return my passports and wanted to check the address to post them to - so looks like they're working though the backlog reasonably quickly.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:48 pm

OK, I have just received two of my passports back and the acknowledgment letter with the receipt.
Not even a year has passed :mrgreen:

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 pm

Patchwork wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:03 pm
I got an email from them yesterday to say they were about to return my passports and wanted to check the address to post them to - so looks like they're working though the backlog reasonably quickly.
When you received the passport, they ring the bell or knock the door? or they just leave it in your mailbox. I am wondering if you need to be at home when the passport arrive or they give you a note telling you that you was not there

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Gocho77, I just found the letter in my letterbox when I came downstairs. Nobody rang the bell.