ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa: Bank Statement Dated After Online Submission

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mpr00
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa: Bank Statement Dated After Online Submission

Post by mpr00 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi,

I applied online for a tier 5 youth mobility visa on 1 July.
I had my bank statement showing sufficient funds stamped on 10 july.
I submitted my bank statement at my biometrics appointment on 13 July.

The UK Gov website says you need to show you have sufficient funds in your bank account within 31 days of the application submission date. I assumed this meant 31 days after online submission and before the biometric appointment.

I'm super worried now that my application will get rejected for not having my bank statement stamped before july 1 :( has anyone faced this dilemma before? PLEASE HELP!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa: Bank Statement Dated After Online Submission

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:19 pm

I think you are conflating two different matters.

Your bank statement needs to show that you held the funds when you applied. As long as your bank statement shows that you had the money on 1 July, It does not matter on what what dates the statement starts or ends, or when it was stamped. However, if the statement starts on or after 2 July, that's when you would have a problem.

Separately, a statement you use as evidence can be dated up to 31 days before the date of application. This is irrelevant to you.

See also https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... 94421.html
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.