ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant new born applied from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UK2UK4U
Newly Registered

Post by UK2UK4U » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am

Hi Team,

I am currently on ILR in UK and spouse and daughter my dependent visas in India. New born applied visa from Hyd, India in Feb 2020. Still awaiting for UKVI feedback

1) My wife resumed work (fulltime perm role) after maternity (WFH) from 15 July 2020 in India and UK Employer advised for her physical presence in UK from 01 Sep 2020. We informed our situation.
2) Daughter need to start reception from 15 Sep 2020 in London

Spouse/daughter have valid visas however awaiting for new born visa to come together to UK.

I have followed up with

1) UKVI paid email service on visa status - replied on 17 June that decision has been made however due to corona need to wait and result will be informed ASAP (Sheffield Escalations Team)
2) Chased UK High Commission from India for update after 2 weeks - responded UKVI is sole contact for my case.
3) Again tried paid UKVI call service routing to CIH (Corana Immigration Helpline) email service, they responded VFS office will contact- 2 weeks ago ( HYD VFS working normal since lock down unlock from June)
4) Raised query with my local MP and awaiting response - since a week

Please advise on what options do i have to expedite my case as i am concerned abt school place to daughter.Once there is clarity on visa result, during these sensitive times travel is second challenge.

Regards
Nag

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 pm

I don't think there's much more you can do with regards to trying to expedite your case that you haven't already done except perhaps trying to put more pressure on your MP to get involved or trying to get in contact with UKVI again. If your biggest concern is your daughter's school place, you could consider bringing her to the UK separate from the others while they wait for the visa outcome.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

UK2UK4U
Newly Registered

Post by UK2UK4U » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi Geogang,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, i explored that route too .
Risk is if i travel need to be in mandatory quarantine for few weeks and again scout for return flights which will affect the start dates of school.

At this stage there are no frequent commercial flights only passengers to/from India under evacuation are operating at the moment. This is a bit annoying but cant help.