ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Query!

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Herald Sun
Newly Registered

Student Visa Query!

Post by Herald Sun » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:05 am

Sorry folks for putting this question here, but I was not able to find any student visa forums as such. Anyways, I am in a situation and I want to resolve it fast. I am from a AL3 country. Two years back I was studying in Melbourne but due to some personal reasons my visa was cancelled and I moved to Singapore. I really want to go back there and continue my education. Now I will probably be applying for a new student visa here in Singapore next week. What the Aussie HC told me here is that I am on their "Black List" until March 2006. But what they also told me was that it may not affect my application. They asked me apply first and write a letter stating what had happened there and why my visa got cancelled. I can do that. But they also told me that my visa can only be approved on "compassionate" grounds depending on what the AO thinks of my situation. Please advise me about what the chances are of getting a visa again. Any helpful comments or suggestions are appreciated.

P.S. I am really eager to get back to Melbourne to finish my studies.

Vivian
Newly Registered

Student Visa

Post by Vivian » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:21 pm

Hi Herald Sun

Temporary visa holders whose visas were cancelled as a result of a breach of visa conditions, are subject to a three year exclusion period.

This means that it is highly unlikely that you will be granted another student visa until after 3 years of your visa cancellation.

Regards

Vivian

Herald Sun
Newly Registered

Post by Herald Sun » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:01 pm

Thanks for your reply Vivian. But the thing my visa was cancelled but it was due to a mix-up in dates for me to see the compliance at DIMIA. I am told now that they may issue me a visa again based on "compassionate" grounds. I dont know what that means. ANy suggestions?

Vivian
Newly Registered

Student Visa

Post by Vivian » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:23 am

Hi H. Sun

I sent you a pm.

One general example of a compassionate ground is: applying for a temporary visa to visit a very seriously ill relative.

If you are determined to re-apply for a student visa, it's best to seek professional help from a registered/licensed Australian migration agent.

Cheers

Vivs