ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eke123
Nigeria

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by eke123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:19 pm

eke123 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:45 pm
Islandson wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:13 pm
eke123 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:32 pm
Islandson wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:00 am

Thanks @Canadian. Your wording is slightly different but the gist is the same. Basically 'be patient and let us work'. There's an email they provided to us if we were not satisfied with their response, complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk. We've sent this off recently (2nd complaint) also mentioning that we have contacted our MP. I am not EU nor British born and I have been dealing with the home office now for 20 years in visa matters. This is by far the worse I have experienced.

Hello @ Islandson,
I know it must have taken a while
Please what was the outcome of the second complaint sent to complaint review cos I'm thinking of doing same cos my first complaint wasn't upheld.
Hey @eke123, when we submitted a follow up complaint, we got a response 2 weeks later. The details were basically the same, only difference is that it said an approval would be given by the end of the month. We received that response on June 22nd.

Unknown to us, a decision was given on June 23rd; it wasnt showing online and we got our documents and the decision letter on July 1st.

I'd say its worth sending a follow up complaint, it makes a difference as they're probably fed up of dealing with these complaints now.
Hi @Islandson,
Thank you so much for your quick response
Really really appreciate it
I'll surely send a follow up complaint hopefully I'll be lucky this time around.
Thanks a lot
Islandson
I've got a reply today from the complaint review
This is what it said

I am unable to uphold your complaint.
We pride ourselves on the high levels of customer service that we offer, and I am sorry if you felt that the complaint response you received fell below the standards that you could reasonably have expected. Complaints do not affect our decision-making process and making a complaint does not mean that an application will be dealt with more quickly.
Although you may have been advised over the phone in May that the caseworker just needed to confirm how long you had been living in UK, it is not until the caseworker carries out a more in-depth investigation of the application that the need for further enquiries may be identified.

Whilst I am sorry for the delay in your application being concluded, as you were previously advised, an EUSS case may take longer to conclude if for example as in your case, the applicant is a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship that they have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office.

Each EUSS application has to undergo a number of mandatory checks and enquiries before a decision can be reached. The length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case. This can mean that some customers applications submitted at a later date are dealt with sooner. Sometimes it is necessary to carry out further enquiries in relation to an application. While I cannot provide further details as to the nature of the mandatory checks and enquiries, I can assure you that they are necessary and must be completed before any decision can be taken. The enquiries regarding your case have not yet been completed.

Due to offices having to shut down because of Covid-19, staff are having to work remotely which is also having an impact on services. A definitive timescale for when your case will be concluded cannot be provided.

The casework team will contact you if they require any further information in order for a decision to be taken.

Until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020, EU citizens and their family members living in the UK, will continue to have the same rights and status, and are subject to the same residence and travel requirements as under EU law.

My response now concludes our complaint procedure. If you are not happy with how we have dealt with your complaint, and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS, government departments and some other public organisations. The service is free for everyone. To take a complaint to the Ombudsman, go to www.ombudsman.org.uk or call 0345 015 4033. Please note that the Ombudsman can only look at complaints about UK government departments like UKVI and other UK public organisations if a Member of Parliament (MP) refers the complaint to them.

I'm so worried cos it's 7 months now,
I applied on Jan 18
Biometrics Jan 27
COA April 16
I did contact my MP also but haven't heard back from him.
Only God knows when this will be over and done with.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi eke,
Same here I submitted my biometrics in February, I received the COA, now it's been 6 months since the fingerprint and I'm still waiting, no contact from HO, no update.
I contacted the MP, I also sent a complaint, unfortunately nothing.
I called many times the eu resolution center to get any update of my application but I always get the same generic response ( your case is under consideration, we are therefore unable to provide a timescale for completion, however helping eligible applicants to obtain status is of the utmost importance to us)
Good luck

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Boo47 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:10 pm
Hi eke,
Same here I submitted my biometrics in February, I received the COA, now it's been 6 months since the fingerprint and I'm still waiting, no contact from HO, no update.
I contacted the MP, I also sent a complaint, unfortunately nothing.
I called many times the eu resolution center to get any update of my application but I always get the same generic response ( your case is under consideration, we are therefore unable to provide a timescale for completion, however helping eligible applicants to obtain status is of the utmost importance to us)
Good luck
It's pathetic
Anyways let's keep our fingers crossed
Goodluck to you and everyone.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,
I just received an email my presettled status is granted😀😀😀🎉🎉🎉
My timeline: biometric submitted in February, Coa received one week after.
Thank you Canadian and Mike for your help and support😘
Good luck eke I hope you will hear good news soon🙂

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Boo47 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:31 pm
Hi everyone,

Wow
Congrats mate
Really happy for you
Hopefully we'll join soon.

lph
Newly Registered

Post by lph » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:21 pm

Boo47 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Congrats!! So happy for you :D

Did you manage to get the provisional driving license while you were waiting for the presettled approval? My wife is in the same position and thinking of applying for the provisional driving license as well. Thanks

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:42 am

Hi IPH,
I didn't apply to get the provesional driving licence because the only ID I have is my passport, because my Eu residence card( called article 10 residency card which I used to enter the UK - Expired now-) and the consulat of my country in the UK if you don't hold a British residence card you can't renew your passport.. And with covid 19 circumstances the DVLA processing time is longer than usual, someone shared his experience and said that, his passport and other documents were lost by DVLA.
That's why I didn't want to risk it, I'm waiting until I receive the BRC.
Concerning my application I'm 100% certain that contacting the MP did nothing to it, maybe it depends on the competence of the MP, before I contacted her I read the political history and her actual activities in my area that's why I hesitated and I was convinced that she is not the right person to intervene in my case.
Anyways, I was calling the eu resolution center every two weeks asking them for any update of my application, i think it helps a lot.
I wish you the best😉

A Canadian
Canada

Post by A Canadian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:32 pm

@Boo47 big big congratulations!!! Such a relief when it's over, isn't it?

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Oh yes it is :D

mikefruk
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by mikefruk » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:46 am

Boo47 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi Boo,

I am very happy for you!!! Congratulations!

You must be so relieved.

I wish you all the best in life

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Mike :)

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Thank you so much Mike,
I wish you the best in your life too😉

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:18 pm

eke123 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:19 pm
eke123 wrote:
Islandson wrote:
eke123 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello @ Islandson,
I know it must have taken a while
Please what was the outcome of the second complaint sent to complaint review cos I'm thinking of doing same cos my first complaint wasn't upheld.
Hey @eke123, when we submitted a follow up complaint, we got a response 2 weeks later. The details were basically the same, only difference is that it said an approval would be given by the end of the month. We received that response on June 22nd.

Unknown to us, a decision was given on June 23rd; it wasnt showing online and we got our documents and the decision letter on July 1st.

I'd say its worth sending a follow up complaint, it makes a difference as they're probably fed up of dealing with these complaints now.
Hi @Islandson,
I'll surely send a follow up complaint hopefully I'll be lucky this time around.
Thanks a lot
Islandson
This is what it said

We pride ourselves on the high levels of customer service that we offer, and I am sorry if you felt that the complaint response you received fell below the standards that you could reasonably have expected. Complaints do not affect our decision-making process and making a complaint does not mean that an application will be dealt with more quickly.
Although you may have been advised over the phone in May that the caseworker just needed to confirm how long you had been living in UK, it is not until the caseworker carries out a more in-depth investigation of the application that the need for further enquiries may be identified.

Whilst I am sorry for the delay in your application being concluded, as you were previously advised, an EU Settlement Scheme case may take longer to conclude if for example as in your case, the applicant is a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship that they have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office.

Each EU Settlement Scheme application has to undergo a number of mandatory checks and enquiries before a decision can be reached. The length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case. This can mean that some customers applications submitted at a later date are dealt with sooner. Sometimes it is necessary to carry out further enquiries in relation to an application. While I cannot provide further details as to the nature of the mandatory checks and enquiries, I can assure you that they are necessary and must be completed before any decision can be taken. The enquiries regarding your case have not yet been completed.

Due to offices having to shut down because of Covid-19, staff are having to work remotely which is also having an impact on services. A definitive timescale for when your case will be concluded cannot be provided.

The casework team will contact you if they require any further information in order for a decision to be taken.

Until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020, EU citizens and their family members living in the UK, will continue to have the same rights and status, and are subject to the same residence and travel requirements as under EU law.

My response now concludes our complaint procedure. If you are not happy with how we have dealt with your complaint, and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS, government departments and some other public organisations. The service is free for everyone. To take a complaint to the Ombudsman, go to www.ombudsman.org.uk or call 0345 015 4033. Please note that the Ombudsman can only look at complaints about UK government departments like UKVI and other UK public organisations if a Member of Parliament (MP) refers the complaint to them.

I applied on Jan 18
Biometrics Jan 27
COA April 16
hey @eke123, not to worry as it seems that once the information they requested from you is reviewed, it won't be long until a decision is made. I know these words may not be of comfort as the anxiety of waiting is unbearable. But you're not alone in this, just think, there are over 30,000 applications still awaiting a decision. If you're a praying person, I would put your situation in prayer, its the best you can do as you've done what everyone would suggest.....hang in there

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:25 pm

Islandson wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:18 pm
eke123 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:19 pm
eke123 wrote:
Islandson wrote:

Hi @Islandson,
Thanks a lot
Islandson
This is what it said

Whilst I am sorry for the delay in your application being concluded, as you were previously advised, an EU Settlement Scheme case may take longer to conclude if for example as in your case, the applicant is a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and is applying based on a relationship that they have not relied upon in a previous application to the Home Office.

Each EU Settlement Scheme application has to undergo a number of mandatory checks and enquiries before a decision can be reached. The length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case. This can mean that some customers applications submitted at a later date are dealt with sooner. Sometimes it is necessary to carry out further enquiries in relation to an application. While I cannot provide further details as to the nature of the mandatory checks and enquiries, I can assure you that they are necessary and must be completed before any decision can be taken. The enquiries regarding your case have not yet been completed.

I applied on Jan 18
Biometrics Jan 27
COA April 16
hey @eke123, not to worry as it seems that once the information they requested from you is reviewed, it won't be long until a decision is made. I know these words may not be of comfort as the anxiety of waiting is unbearable. But you're not alone in this, just think, there are over 30,000 applications still awaiting a decision. If you're a praying person, I would put your situation in prayer, its the best you can do as you've done what everyone would suggest.....hang in there
Thank you so much @Islandson
I'm very hopeful it'll happen soon God willing
Really really appreciate your concern.
God bless you

ngfnt
Newly Registered

Post by ngfnt » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi i just received an email to confirm the pre settled status for my mother on SS route from cyprus where i worked for 6 months.

Application date: 15 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 4 March 2020
Decision: 04/09/2020

i only called a couple of times ( in June and july ) and sent an email to eu centre to chase up in early august. i didn't raise any complaint or involved local MP. i am hoping that those who applied in Feb ( and before) will get the positive decision soon.

Jjulie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jjulie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Boo47 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:09 am
Hi,
I just want to update you guys about my NI number application, in February I attended an interview at the job center, so they asked for my mariage certificate, proof of adress and the certificate of application, the last thing the interviewer asked me why do you need an Ni number I said because I'm looking for a job and to pay taxes, I showed a job offer and my CV as well but he didn't want to read or take them, he wrote something on the application form, I think the observation he wrote very important for the success of the application.
Also, I told him that employers don't accept workers without NI number, she gave me a letter on my name which clarify to employers that by law they should accept people without NI number if they have the right to work.
Anyways, after 8 weeks I didn't hear from them, I called they said all applications are on hold because of corona virus, and this week finally I received my NI number.
N.B: this is my second application because the first time I applied for the NI number i only had the stamp on my passport ( admitted to the UK under eu regulation 2016) and the EEA residence card ( which the interviewer didn't want to take it) so I got refused, but now with certificate of application I got it.
I hope my experience will be helpful for you guys😉

Hi.
Did the job center gave you the NIN? I read somewhere that this number came on the back of the resident card HO gives you?. Is this correct? I'm a bit confuse. I'm looking for a job but I only have the COA bot NIN.
Any help appreciate.
Thank you

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi Julie,
1/ yes they did, I received my NI number.
2/ the NI number is not written on my residence card.
3/ on the back of your COA it's mentioned if you are eu citizen u can continue to work but if you're non eu citizen your employer ( not you) has to ask for a certificate issued by HO called positive permission of work. Good luck

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:12 am

information to all from UKVI Residence CARD holders only:

If you already have a residence card it will not be valid after 31 December 2020.

Boo47

Post by Boo47 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi jamaa,
I thought until June 2021 but anyways you need to apply for eu settlement unless you have uk permanent residence card.
Good luck

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:24 am

Hey hope you all well, Just wondering about the time frame for the paper application.
Anybody recently applied for this settlement? How long they take for biometric and decision nowadays?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

adinaedri

Post by adinaedri » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 am

kunfayakun wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:24 am
Hey hope you all well, Just wondering about the time frame for the paper application.
Anybody recently applied for this settlement? How long they take for biometric and decision nowadays?
We applied 3 months ago. Received COA a few days later and we are still waiting.
Based on other people's experience it looks like a 6 months waiting period is the average.
I know this is very frustrating, especially when EU members receive decisions within 5-7 days.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:14 am

Hi many thanks for your reply, and good luck with your application.

You’re right, I’ve read many posts and all says 6 months, however are they returning the passport and the residence card,? And what about biometric?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

zwfx
Newly Registered

Post by zwfx » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:36 am

kunfayakun wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:14 am

You’re right, I’ve read many posts and all says 6 months, however are they returning the passport and the residence card,? And what about biometric?
Passports should be returned within a few weeks, and they will keep the Article 10 residence card (if that's the one you mean). If you don't already have a biometric residence card, you'll receive a letter inviting you to give your biometrics. Once you do that, the 6 months (approx) begins and a week or two later you should receive a COA letter.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:22 am

zwfx wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:36 am
kunfayakun wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:14 am

Passports should be returned within a few weeks, and they will keep the Article 10 residence card (if that's the one you mean). If you don't already have a biometric residence card, you'll receive a letter inviting you to give your biometrics. Once you do that, the 6 months (approx) begins and a week or two later you should receive a COA letter.
Many Thanks and Sorry about my very late response :( 6 months is too long man, anyone got it earlier? actually I can not find the timeline for this route and it would be helpful if someone update the timeline init.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

zwfx
Newly Registered

Post by zwfx » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 am

kunfayakun wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:22 am
Many Thanks and Sorry about my very late response :( 6 months is too long man, anyone got it earlier? actually I can not find the timeline for this route and it would be helpful if someone update the timeline init.
Apart from a couple of people I've seen getting it after around 5 1/2 months, it seems most are waiting 6-7 months. We're now 6 months and 3 weeks after biometrics and still waiting – I've contacted my MP who has contacted the Home Office, but he's heard nothing back. I'm hoping it won't be much longer.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Post by kunfayakun » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:00 pm

yeah, you already past the waiting time 6 months, soon you will hear approval from them, btw why people are not posting timeline?
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun