ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation-Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Spouse Visa - Immigration Property Inspection

Post by mogunjumelo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello,

Am new here so please bear with me.

In the process of applying for a spouse visa for my husband. I live in a shared accommodation. its a 2 bedroom ensuite room but the only thing we both share is the Spam and living room. Spoke to the council and was told I don't need an inspection.

am confused now. do i need one or not please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Immigration Property Inspection

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:28 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:14 pm
we both share is the Spam and living room. .
Inspection report will be needed in case of sharing with unrelated adult.
mogunjumelo wrote:
Spoke to the council and was told I don't need an inspection
They don't have immigration related knowledge.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Hello,

Am new here so please bear with me.

In the process of applying for a spouse visa for my husband. I live in a shared accommodation. its a 2 bedroom ensuite room but the only thing we both share is the Spam and living room. Spoke to the council and was told I don't need an inspection.

am confused now. do i need one or not please
One thing i always say is never give ECO chances to refuse you the visa. They work under strict guidance and have timelines to meet. Just pay up for the inspection report and get rid of the doubt.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:38 am

Have just seen this on the council website. Guess am inable to apply for this.

Apply for a property inspection. You can apply for an inspection if:

you are the sponsor of the person(s) coming to the UK
the person(s) will arrive in the UK within the next 12 weeks

the property does not share a bathroom or Spam with another household, unless they are from the same family as the person(s) coming to the UK.

you can provide a current gas safety certificate from the landlord if it is a rented home.

the property is safe, in a good state of repair and has proper Spam and bathroom facilities.

the property you intend to live in is owned, or lived in exclusively by you and your family (applications received for rented accommodation that is shared with members of another family will not be accepted).

you agree to send a confirmation letter to the appropriate authority to support the application.
The inspection fee is £150 and is valid for 12 weeks prior to the immigrant entering the UK. Once the confirmation letter has expired a further inspection and fee is required.

If you complete the form and do not meet the conditions we can not refund your payment.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:14 am

mogunjumelo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:38 am

the property does not share a bathroom or Spam with another household, unless they are from the same family as the person(s) coming to the UK.

you can provide a current gas safety certificate from the landlord if it is a rented home.

the property is safe, in a good state of repair and has proper Spam and bathroom facilities.

the property you intend to live in is owned, or lived in exclusively by you and your family (applications received for rented accommodation that is shared with members of another family will not be accepted).

you agree to send a confirmation letter to the appropriate authority to support the application.
The inspection fee is £150 and is valid for 12 weeks prior to the immigrant entering the UK. Once the confirmation letter has expired a further inspection and fee is required.

If you complete the form and do not meet the conditions we can not refund your payment.
You didn't read what @seagul wrote
"They don't have immigration related knowledge."
Council's have nothing to do with UKVI requirements nor are they exclusive to do the inspection. Just type " property inspection report UKVI" on google and you will see many accredited bodies who provide the service.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:21 am

mogunjumelo wrote:

It may be better to use private or independent surveyor/inspector for the housing report.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:54 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:

That certificate is of no use for visa purposes rather only rev up the landlord's repossession claim.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Thank you.

One more question pleaseeeee

Am just starting my application for my spouse but his passport expires in the next 6months. By the time we are ready to submit, his passport will only have 5 months to expiration. Can I go ahead or should we apply for a new Passport before submitting application. Please advise. Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:01 pm
Thank you.

Am just starting my application for my spouse but his passport expires in the next 6months. By the time we are ready to submit, his passport will only have 5 months to expiration. Can I go ahead or should we apply for a new Passport before submitting application. Please advise. Thank you
Passport should at least be valid at the time of application. But still no harm in renewing it earlier to avoid any inconvenience in future which can be spurred due to another nationwide/localised lockdown.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Accomodation-Spouse Visa

Post by mogunjumelo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:51 pm

Hello Members,

I have a similar issue but slightly different.

We are in the process of applying for the spousal visa this month. i have a tenancy agreement till march 2021 but will be leaving the accommodation by 31st dec 2020. All supporting documents are ready.

will this affect the application at all?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Accomodation-Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Post/topics merged.

Please do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics. Stick to your own topic please (this one)!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 pm
mogunjumelo wrote:
Thank you.

Passport should at least be valid at the time of application. But still no harm in renewing it earlier to avoid any inconvenience in future which can be spurred due to another nationwide/localised lockdown.
Hello Members,

We are in the process of applying for the spousal visa this month. i have a tenancy agreement till march 2021 but will be leaving the accommodation by 31st dec 2020. All supporting documents are ready.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:34 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 pm
seagul wrote:
mogunjumelo wrote:
Thank you.

Hello Members,

Maybe you are triggering the break clause or surrendering your tenancy earlier with the consent of landlord, that is fine. But if possible then try to continue to live there (if your personal circumstances haven't been changed dramatically including the affordability), until the decision of application will arrive or apply when you will secure the new tenancy as because UKVI caseworker liaise with landlord from time to time if finds something suspicion.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:49 pm

when i told my landord of allowing my partner to stay, he gave me a new tenancy saying he will increase the rent by £300 from January. I really cant afford that now

Guess I should move out soon then apply for the spousal visa

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:16 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:49 pm
when i told my landord of allowing my partner to stay, he gave me a new tenancy saying he will increase the rent by £300 from January. I really cant afford that now
Well in private renting that leverage always a landlord tend to retain & exercise over these or similar circumstances. Why not you make a deal with him/her without signing any new tenancy that you will start paying what he/she is asking but only upon the arrival of your partner, and ask for noc letter in the meantime. Fortunately, once she will be arrived then you can switch into any living arrangement 8)
mogunjumelo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:49 pm
Guess I should move out soon then apply for the spousal visa
That must be the most straightforward solution provided the new landlord will be cooperative.

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:39 pm

cut the story short.....

Am renting out a room in a 2 bedroom ensuite apartment. current tenant is moving out this month. Before then I told the landlord am applying for a spousal visa and would like his permission to allow my spouse to stay. he was kind of okay with it so far the other tenant was okay with it but now the tenant is moving out and he gave me the arrangement to occupy the 2 bedrooms alone till march 2021 ( first 6 months will be 600 then the last 3 months will be 900).

Explained to him I would like to start paying the increase when my partner gets his visa but he said no. NOC letter has been given to me.

so was trying to submit the application on time, then from December will move out.

Am confused.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:47 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:39 pm
cut the story short.....

Am renting out a room in a 2 bedroom ensuite apartment. current tenant is moving out this month. Before then I told the landlord am applying for a spousal visa and would like his permission to allow my spouse to stay. he was kind of okay with it so far the other tenant was okay with it but now the tenant is moving out and he gave me the arrangement to occupy the 2 bedrooms alone till march 2021 ( first 6 months will be 600 then the last 3 months will be 900).

Explained to him I would like to start paying the increase when my partner gets his visa but he said no. NOC letter has been given to me.

so was trying to submit the application on time, then from December will move out.

Am confused.
Hopefully, he/she might retract his plan when will see your practical efforts of leaving :wink: . Good luck

mogunjumelo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mogunjumelo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Thanks.

Would you say I should stay and submit the application or I should just move out now

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:13 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 pm
Thanks.

Would you say I should stay and submit the application or I should just move out now
If I were you then first will compare the cost/space of new accommodation and the hassle involve in moving out versus keep living here. However, if i will find a better and competitive accommodation than instead leaving in December 2020, I will leave now and straight apply the spouse visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:44 pm

mogunjumelo wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:03 pm
seagul wrote:
mogunjumelo wrote:
Thank you.

Hello Members,

It should not affect and no reason to mention leaving in December anywhere in ur application

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:05 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:44 pm
It should not affect and no reason to mention leaving in December anywhere in ur application
7.2. Ownership/occupation
The applicant should provide evidence as to the basis on which the accommodation is or will
be owned or occupied (including rented) by the family unit. This may for example be in the
form of a copy of the property deeds, a letter from a bank or building society as to the
mortgage arrangements, a lease agreement and rent book, or a letter from a family member
or friend who is making the accommodation available to the applicant and their family unit.
Where the accommodation is rented from a local authority or housing association,
correspondence from them can normally be relied upon as sufficient evidence. Greater care
needs to be taken in respect of a private tenancy. If there are any aspects of the
accommodation arrangements which raise substantial doubts as to whether the requirements
of the Immigration Rules are met, further evidence should be sought.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nnex_F.pdf