ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

learner29

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by learner29 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi everyone

The good news is that I have received the Home Office Citizenship Ceremony invitation letter. My Citizenship application was completed on the 26th Feb after getting enrolled for my Biometrics. Received my approval on the 26th June after sending them an email a day before so I think approval was made before.

In the invitation letter Home Office has asked me to book my Ceremony within the next 21 days while the Council website still shows no ceremonies are taking place.I will give them a call tomorrow.

I hope council shows some empathy now and conduct a ceremony.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:23 pm

When you received your invitation letter ?
Is it today ?

learner29 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:49 pm
Hi everyone

The good news is that I have received the Home Office Citizenship Ceremony invitation letter. My Citizenship application was completed on the 26th Feb after getting enrolled for my Biometrics. Received my approval on the 26th June after sending them an email a day before so I think approval was made before.

In the invitation letter Home Office has asked me to book my Ceremony within the next 21 days while the Council website still shows no ceremonies are taking place.I will give them a call tomorrow.

learner29

Post by learner29 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Malikg123 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:23 pm
Is it today ?

learner29 wrote:
Hi everyone

Malikg123 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:23 pm
Is it today ?

learner29 wrote:
Hi everyone

received the invitation letter today

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm

learner29 wrote:
Hi everyone

Congratulations!! I am happy for you! 😁
You have received the letter which is great news. Hopefully, your council will start conducting ceremonies soon. Does the date on your approval letter say the 26th of June or another date?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi everyone
I have just received my invitation letter today finally 😤😤

Applied on 12th of February 2020
Done biometric same month
Virus 🦠 Happened 🤬🤬🤬🤬
I have received approval on the 17th of May 2020

My letter today dated 4th of August
I contacted my council Newcastle and they confirmed they got my certificate

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 pm
Hi everyone

Virus 🦠 Happened 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Congratulations!!!!! 😁😁😁

I submitted my application on the same day as you buy did my biometrics a month later. I got approved on the 3rd of June. I hope to receive my letter soon like you. This week would be 11 weeks for me waiting. I have a feeling that I might get my letter sometime next week.

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:39 pm

MannyWarrior wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:22 pm
Manchester Council has received a big batch yesterday.

The certificates are till mid/end of June.

No estimate on when the July+ will be sent out.

All invitation letters have been sent by the council via post. So if you’re council is Manchetser and you’ve been approved prior to June. Goodluck!
Hi guys, I m from mcr council, Contact the council and they said they haven't got my certificate yet, My application was approved in may, How do you know that they receive upto mid June.mannywarrior

MannyWarrior
Mood:

Post by MannyWarrior » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Wahidwadid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:39 pm
MannyWarrior wrote:

All invitation letters have been sent by the council via post. So if you’re council is Manchetser and you’ve been approved prior to June. Goodluck!
Hi guys, I m from mcr council, Contact the council and they said they haven't got my certificate yet, My application was approved in may, How do you know that they receive upto mid June.mannywarrior
When did you contact them? The lady told me today this information.

Trust me brother, your invitation will be on the way.

Email your full name and case ref number to their email and await their response.

She told me all correspondence will be by post so hopefully you will receive next week the letter from them.

Soo123
Pakistan

Post by Soo123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:44 pm

That’s good news ukba is making some progress I reckon in 2-3 weeks time people who got their approvals in July should get their invitation letters

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm

From Birmingham:

“ When the country entered lockdown we had to cancel Citizenship Ceremonies that had been booked for 414 new citizens. As soon as we were given permission by the Home Office to resume citizenship ceremonies we did so and began to invite the 414 new citizens, plus 67 who had received confirmation of their successful application from the Home Office but did not have a ceremony booked, to attend a ceremony and so become a British Citizen. As you will appreciate we are having to deliver this service very differently to ensure we are able to adhere to social distancing recommendations and keep both new citizens and staff safe. All 481 new citizens have now either attended a ceremony or are booked into one within the next two weeks.

During lockdown the Home Office have continued to approved new citizens applications, the new citizens have been informed by them by letter which also advises that there will be a delay in their being able to attend a ceremony. However this week the Home Office have started sending these peoples Naturalisation Certificates to the local Register Offices, they are doing so in order of the date that their application was approved, to enable the local Register Offices to manage the numbers and schedule ceremonies.”

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 pm

MannyWarrior wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:37 pm
Wahidwadid wrote:
MannyWarrior wrote:

Email your full name and case ref number to their email and await their response.

She told me all correspondence will be by post so hopefully you will receive next week the letter from them.
I also got email from them that saying they're not received, And how did you contact them by email or phone?And I also think next week will be some good news. Good luck every one.

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:03 pm

Let’s hope and pray we get our invitation letter by next week.
Frou01 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm
From Birmingham:

“ When the country entered lockdown we had to cancel Citizenship Ceremonies that had been booked for 414 new citizens. As soon as we were given permission by the Home Office to resume citizenship ceremonies we did so and began to invite the 414 new citizens, plus 67 who had received confirmation of their successful application from the Home Office but did not have a ceremony booked, to attend a ceremony and so become a British Citizen. As you will appreciate we are having to deliver this service very differently to ensure we are able to adhere to social distancing recommendations and keep both new citizens and staff safe. All 481 new citizens have now either attended a ceremony or are booked into one within the next two weeks.

During lockdown the Home Office have continued to approved new citizens applications, the new citizens have been informed by them by letter which also advises that there will be a delay in their being able to attend a ceremony. However this week the Home Office have started sending these peoples Naturalisation Certificates to the local Register Offices, they are doing so in order of the date that their application was approved, to enable the local Register Offices to manage the numbers and schedule ceremonies.”

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:15 am

Learning18 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 pm
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 pm
Hi everyone

Virus 🦠 Happened 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Congratulations!!!!! 😁😁😁

I submitted my application on the same day as you buy did my biometrics a month later. I got approved on the 3rd of June. I hope to receive my letter soon like you. This week would be 11 weeks for me waiting. I have a feeling that I might get my letter sometime next week.
Thank you 🙏
I hope you get yours soon and I hope for everyone get their letter soon because it’s really frustrating this situation specially some people they waiting to get their passport to be able to travel 🥺
Finger crossed you get yours next couple weeks 🙏🙏

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:59 am

Good morning , I got my approval letter on the 29th of July and while checking the council website ,this is their latest update.

We are able to offer virtual ceremonies through Microsoft Teams or a group ceremony of 10 citizens.

On completion of virtual ceremonies, certificates will be posted by Royal Mail special delivery and will require a signature on delivery. Please note you must be in the UK for your virtual ceremony.

Group ceremonies will be a short ceremony with no dignitary or official photographer. Each citizen will be able to bring one named guest. No children will be admitted to the ceremony.

To book your ceremony, please email citizenship@redbridge.gov.uk with your full name, telephone number and attach a copy of your Home Office invitation letter.

You will be contacted by telephone within two to three weeks to book your ceremony.

We are receiving a high number of email enquiries and are not able to respond as quickly as we would like to so please do not email in multiple times as this delays responding to everyone sooner. Once you have submitted an email request you should wait for us to call you to book your ceremony.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:48 am

I would like to mention something
Before I get my invitation letter I was ringing my council to ask about if they received my certificate from the homeoffice and every time They confirming that they haven’t even after I have received my letter they still said no they was searching by my name but when I insisted to make sure of it they asked for something call ( Pole/cover note number ) which is printed on top right corner of the invitation letter then they found my certificate
Then I asked the lady about that she answered some certificates doesn’t show by name and they must have that number to look for it
So I think some of you have their certificates already but need for the letter for that reference number :roll: :roll:

MannyWarrior
Mood:

Post by MannyWarrior » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:26 am

Wahidwadid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 pm
MannyWarrior wrote:
Wahidwadid wrote:
MannyWarrior wrote:

I also got email from them that saying they're not received, And how did you contact them by email or phone?And I also think next week will be some good news. Good luck every one.
That’s very weird. She confirmed to me thay invites have been sent and the latest dates they’ve received were June.

Hopefully next week is good news for you

Mayo101
Newly Registered

Post by Mayo101 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:44 am

Got an email reply from Leeds council, they have not received a fresh batch of certificates this week..:(

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:04 am

MannyWarrior wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:26 am
Wahidwadid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:56 pm
MannyWarrior wrote:
Wahidwadid wrote:

That’s very weird. She confirmed to me thay invites have been sent and the latest dates they’ve received were June.

Hopefully next week is good news for you
I hope so, Let's see.

ministryoffood
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ministryoffood » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:37 am

Hi, Almost out of the blue, I have received an invitation for a ceremony from my council but the letter states I must bring the Home Office invitation letter with me. Letter I have not received it yet, how is this possible?

What should I do? :?:

Learning18

Post by Learning18 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:59 am

ministryoffood wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:37 am
Hi, Almost out of the blue, I have received an invitation for a ceremony from my council but the letter states I must bring the Home Office invitation letter with me. Letter I have not received it yet, how is this possible?

Congratulations, that means they have recieved your certificate. Councils usually receive the certificate a lot earlier(special delivery) than when you receive the invitation letter. It must be on it's way to you. If they want you to come without an invitation letter than you can go, but make sure you inform them that you haven't received it yet. Some councils just want to see an ID and some an ID and invitation letter.

When was your approval date?

ministryoffood
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ministryoffood » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:18 pm

Learning18 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:59 am
ministryoffood wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:37 am

Congratulations, that means they have recieved your certificate. Councils usually receive the certificate a lot earlier(special delivery) than when you receive the invitation letter. It must be on it's way to you. If they want you to come without an invitation letter than you can go, but make sure you inform them that you haven't received it yet. Some councils just want to see an ID and some an ID and invitation letter.

When was your approval date?
Thank you, I'll give them a ring if the invitation letter doesn't arrive soon. Approval was on March, 17 by email

Small

Post by Small » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Overall ...councils will ring the applicants when councils will receive certificate from HO. Some councils are doing virtual ceremonies some not.
Very recently few councils started to resume Cs.
From now keep your phones near you and you will get a call 🤞. If you still have not got second letter from HO but your council have got your certificate then you would take your first approval letter (second would be invitation for ceremony from HO provided you got it). Go to council with your letter of your approval( Take print out of email if you had email from HO) plus form of id.
I am writing on bahalf of my friend ( whose English is not good)... He got a call from council today and told him that they have not got certificate from HO and other people are in same situation, waiting, as no certificate sent from HO.
But it’s a good news Councils are resuming now..

Meme85
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Meme85 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader of this thread and the forum overall for the past few years. Just wanted to add reassurance to everybody waiting for their invitation letter. I have finally received mine today and booked a group ceremony (small) with Barnet council on the 3rd of September.
Wish the best for everyone, your letters will also arrive soon.
Very happy to be at the end of my journey with the home office- absolutely excited and relieved.
Timeline (approx) :
Application 5/2/2020
Approval via email 22/6/20 (after chasing them twice via email)
Ceremony invitation letter received 21/8/2020 (dated 27/7/2020)

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Meme85 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:49 pm
Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader of this thread and the forum overall for the past few years. Just wanted to add reassurance to everybody waiting for their invitation letter. I have finally received mine today and booked a group ceremony (small) with Barnet council on the 3rd of September.
Wish the best for everyone, your letters will also arrive soon.
Very happy to be at the end of my journey with the home office- absolutely excited and relieved.
Timeline (approx) :
Application 5/2/2020
Approval via email 22/6/20 (after chasing them twice via email)
Ceremony invitation letter received 21/8/2020 (dated 27/7/2020)
CONGRATULATIONS

ped4
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ped4 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:07 pm

am abit confused now, i was approved 6,May, i haven't received an invite yet nor my council, but my question is some people approved in June or late May some have started receiving their invite. is the invite been sent randomly or i dont really understand