ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fanta

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by fanta » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:54 pm

The way I see it now is that a few weeks delay in approval doesn't really matter. The only advantage I have now is that I am a bit relaxed that the application is approved. I did had to spend £135 on appointment but I'd have got the same result by waiting a bit longer. With the Citizenship ceremonies on hold, at the end, I'd possibly take oath with others who may have had their approvals a month later.

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:55 pm

fanta wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:35 pm
Parisiana wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:30 pm
fanta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm
londonent wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 pm
The applications are definitely being processed. I am also within the "waiting for the app group" but got my solicitor got a call last week asking for some additional documents. So they are definitely reviewing the case. I submitted the documents through UKVCAS website once that option became available
That is good to hear. I have always been under the impression that they start considering the application after the biometrics.
Hi Fanta, may I ask you what additional supporting documents the HO asked you to provide? Thanks

No additional document received. I opted out and went for a biometric appointment on the 14th August. I got the approval today in an email. Now starts the wait for ceremony as my council hasn't resumed it so far.

We will all get there eventually. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. You said in your post that your solicitor received a call to submit additional documents. Can you please let us know what these documents are? Thank you

fanta

Post by fanta » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:55 pm
fanta wrote:
Parisiana wrote:
fanta wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm

That is good to hear. I have always been under the impression that they start considering the application after the biometrics.
Hi Fanta, may I ask you what additional supporting documents the HO asked you to provide? Thanks

No additional document received. I opted out and went for a biometric appointment on the 14th August. I got the approval today in an email. Now starts the wait for ceremony as my council hasn't resumed it so far.

Thanks for your response. You said in your post that your solicitor received a call to submit additional documents. Can you please let us know what these documents are? Thank you
I think you have got confused. User londonent was the one who wrote about solicitor and document request. I did not use a solicitor.

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:19 pm

fanta wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:54 pm
The way I see it now is that a few weeks delay in approval doesn't really matter. The only advantage I have now is that I am a bit relaxed that the application is approved. I did had to spend £135 on appointment but I'd have got the same result by waiting a bit longer. With the Citizenship ceremonies on hold, at the end, I'd possibly take oath with others who may have had their approvals a month later.
Isn't the relaxing part the most important part in all of this :) ... i would have rather paid an extra for biometric appointment than stay anxious for a few more weeks ... but whats done is done now i guess. Im surprised your council hasnt opened citizenship ceremonies yet, mine have and its back to normal booking for now. Initially they had private only but now group ceremonies are also open to book.

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:20 pm

fanta wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:58 pm
Parisiana wrote:
fanta wrote:
Parisiana wrote:

Ok got it thanks for clarifying and congrats for your approval! All the best for the rest of the process

I think you have got confused. User londonent was the one who wrote about solicitor and document request. I did not use a solicitor.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:22 pm

UKVCAS - 20 AUGUST SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 20:30 and 21:00, for emergency maintenance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:20 pm
fanta wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:58 pm
Parisiana wrote:
fanta wrote:

Ok got it thanks for clarifying and congrats for your approval! All the best for the rest of the process

I see thanks for clarifying. Congrats for your approval and all the best for the rest of the process.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Yes, it was me who got asked for additional documents. Had to do with the fact that husband has a LOT of absences, requested additional documents to do with his life here (in addition to the passport), so any bills, property docs and pretty much anything to do with that

Ottotr
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Ottotr » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi all,

Applied for citizenship on 14 April.
Selected for IDV app!
Opted out!
Paid extra and booked my appointment for 14 August morning.
Received the approval email today :D

Best of luck to all of you!

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:04 pm

On UKVCAS website it is clearly stated reuse of bio-metrics that includes fingerprints & photo, Facial image is just another name used for photo, so Why this IDV APP been introduced? I fail to understand!

The only difference between submitting application on UKVCAS website and UKVCAS IDV app is that one is online banking and other is mobile banking. Both UKVI & UKVCAS have failed to understand this difference and we the applicants are at the receiving end. The video on how to use the app clearly states that all the documents that were uploaded on website will now have to be re-uploaded via IDV app , meaning UKVI have not received our documents and so there is going to be further delay of several months cause the process has not even begun... phewwwww FRUSTRATEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

The UKVCAS Identity Verification app (UKVCAS IDV app)

You may have heard that UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. For some customers, this involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) which have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity, consider your application and/or produce a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). See Immigration Guidance at GOV.UK for details.

To allow biometrics to be reused, UKVI and UKVCAS have worked together to develop a way to submit facial images using a new UKVCAS Identity Verification application (UKVCAS IDV app).

The UKVCAS IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI will involve you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information via your mobile device. The UKVCAS IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:14 pm

nbhatt wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:04 pm

If you have submitted the documents via UKVCAS already, you will NOT need to upload again. However, you will have an option to add more documents if you wish.
19. I’ve started my application via the UKVCAS website and have been invited to use the
UKVCAS IDV App, what happens to my current application?
Any documents uploaded to your current application through the UKVCAS website will be available on the IDV app. You will be able to see these on the IDV app after you log on.
Pages 20-24

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Human1212
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Human1212 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi there. Can someone please help me out. I applied for British Citizenship and now I have to do my Biomatrics etc. I went to the UKVCSAS website for an appointment but i can't see any slot available . What should i do ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Human1212 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:07 pm
Hi there. Can someone please help me out. I applied for British Citizenship and now I have to do my Biomatrics etc. I went to the UKVCSAS website for an appointment but i can't see any slot available . What should i do ?
Did you try to read the previous posts??

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:48 pm

nbhatt wrote:
On UKVCAS website it is clearly stated reuse of bio-metrics that includes fingerprints & photo, Facial image is just another name used for photo, so Why this IDV APP been introduced? I fail to understand!
The IDV app is necessary because it provides a higher level of security than uploading a jpeg photo on the UKVCAS website. The app verifies your "facial image" from several different angles to prove that it is you, and not just someone else with your photo.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:27 am

strong_and_stable wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:48 pm
nbhatt wrote:
The IDV app is necessary because it provides a higher level of security than uploading a jpeg photo on the UKVCAS website. The app verifies your "facial image" from several different angles to prove that it is you, and not just someone else with your photo.
Not to forget the liveliness check to further ensure it is definitely you taking the photo.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:39 pm

hi all,
I did not get email yet for IDV app .. i applied for naturalization on 4th may 2020. However, i m got the app UKVCAS IDV (was just trying my luck .. it might work).... but when i proceed to login it takes me to ukvcas sepora setaria and it says the account has no cases enabled for mobile access.

Is anyone else having same problem. if they tried.

Many thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:54 pm

A couple members have confirmed receiving IDV invitations from March/April applications. Its good news that the invitations have finally started!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:39 pm
hi all,
I did not get email yet for IDV app .. i applied for naturalization on 4th may 2020. However, i m got the app UKVCAS IDV (was just trying my luck .. it might work).... but when i proceed to login it takes me to ukvcas sepora setaria and it says the account has no cases enabled for mobile access.

Many thanks,
I can assure you I am having the same problem and made application in May as well.
We just need to wait for invite rather keep trying and getting frustrated after.

Fingers crossed 🤞 not long left before we get that email !!

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:54 pm
A couple members have confirmed receiving IDV invitations from March/April applications. Its good news that the invitations have finally started!
they have indeed. lets see when we receive it... everyone is receiving their approvals in 4 months maximum. and we r still in process of biometric and documents ... its so frustrating.. i don't know how long will it take.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:06 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
they have indeed. lets see when we receive it... everyone is receiving their approvals in 4 months maximum. and we r still in process of biometric and documents ... its so frustrating.. i don't know how long will it take.
The timelines show that the applications are being processed in 3-10 days after biometrics via UKVCAS in person. Very quick. Now, lets see the timeline for decisions after biometrics via IDV.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:06 pm

skasyap wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:57 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:39 pm
hi all,

Many thanks,
I can assure you I am having the same problem and made application in May as well.
We just need to wait for invite rather keep trying and getting frustrated after.

Fingers crossed 🤞 not long left before we get that email !!
ohh thanks for your message. yea lets hope we get email asap and decisions as well. this has been long seriously.. within this time we would have got approval, if covid 19 wouldnt have happend or biometric was done in may 2020. As u said fingers crossed.. i will keeep u posted. have a good weekend.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:06 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
The timelines show that the applications are being processed in 3-10 days after biometrics via UKVCAS in person. Very quick. Now, lets see the timeline for decisions after biometrics via IDV.
yeah .. this is what i was looking at ... i hope they will give us decision in 10 days as well.. if home office does that .. for the first time i will love them...:):)

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm

Hello

I can confirm that IDV app is now functional. I received an invite today to use it. I had submitted my original application on 30/3/2020. I called the helpline for the app and using my UUN they were able to confirm that all the documents/photos were linked with my application. They also said if any additonal documents were needed, I would be contacted directly. The helpline wait for <5 mins.

Good luck to all. Fingers crossed. Will keep the thread updated on the time taken for decision.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:35 pm

docfever wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm
Hello

I can confirm that IDV app is now functional. I received an invite today to use it. I had submitted my original application on 30/3/2020. I called the helpline for the app and using my UUN they were able to confirm that all the documents/photos were linked with my application. They also said if any additonal documents were needed, I would be contacted directly. The helpline wait for <5 mins.

Good luck to all. Fingers crossed. Will keep the thread updated on the time taken for decision.
Hi ,

Did you upload any document through the App or just facial certification. Please advise us of you had already uploaded all the required documents on UKVCAS website . Thanks,

Uma

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi

I had uploaded all the documents via the website and "submitted" them today -also via the website. I confirmed via the helpline that documents can be uploaded either way - IDV app or website.

I used IDV app only for face and travel document photo.

Hope that helps.