ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa phone interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smah

Re: UK spouse visa phone interview

Post by smah » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:54 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:47 pm
Interviewer is not necessarily a caseworker who may leave his raw assessment on caseworker to finalize.
Yes, that's what I said. They clearly mentioned they are just doing interviews and will pass the data to the case worker.

smah

Post by smah » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:28 am

ALKB wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:36 pm
smah wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am
Dear experts in the field,
Hope you are all doing well in this great trial.
My husband and I will much appreciate your response and guide to this crucial matter.
My husband applied for his spouse visa from Bangladesh back in March. We have our son under local authority care and due to their pressure I couldn't cope and do justice to my son's care( only those who have been through such dilemma will understand so I will not expect any comments on that) I had to come to Bangladesh in January this year after my son was born in October 2019. I want to support my son but with my husband there. Our immigration solicitor advised us to involve Mey local MP to chase as we have got the Family court judge chasing for my husband to come asap so they can do his full assessment. So we contacted the MP on 5th August and 6th MPs secretary contacted me to provide my husband's full name and responded immediately. On the 7th we have received email that we both will be interviewed separately ( not sure if it's MPs involvement or they were going to do it anyway) . Even though our solicitor explained clearly we are staying in Bangladesh together they somehow assumed that I am in the UK and my husband in Bangladesh. So our solicitor wrote to them reminding them that we are residing in Bangladesh together and can be contacted on separate numbers. Now we worry what the interview is about?
Whether it is to prove our relationship to be subsisting or it is to prove there are no controling behaviours in our relationship as suggested by the Local authority even though they don't have any evidence.

Please advise soon as our interview is on Wednesday 12th August.
Thanks in advance.
In April, your husband posted here that part of the financial requirement will be met through benefits you receive in the UK, yet you moved back to Bangladesh in January?

Are the benefits of the kind that can be used for the financial requirement and are you still receiving them? Meaning: if you are still receiving them, are these benefits exportable?
That I can only tell you after we get a decision as these are all exceptional circumstances.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:24 am

smah wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:28 am
ALKB wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:36 pm
smah wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 am
Dear experts in the field,
Hope you are all doing well in this great trial.
My husband and I will much appreciate your response and guide to this crucial matter.
My husband applied for his spouse visa from Bangladesh back in March. We have our son under local authority care and due to their pressure I couldn't cope and do justice to my son's care( only those who have been through such dilemma will understand so I will not expect any comments on that) I had to come to Bangladesh in January this year after my son was born in October 2019. I want to support my son but with my husband there. Our immigration solicitor advised us to involve Mey local MP to chase as we have got the Family court judge chasing for my husband to come asap so they can do his full assessment. So we contacted the MP on 5th August and 6th MPs secretary contacted me to provide my husband's full name and responded immediately. On the 7th we have received email that we both will be interviewed separately ( not sure if it's MPs involvement or they were going to do it anyway) . Even though our solicitor explained clearly we are staying in Bangladesh together they somehow assumed that I am in the UK and my husband in Bangladesh. So our solicitor wrote to them reminding them that we are residing in Bangladesh together and can be contacted on separate numbers. Now we worry what the interview is about?
Whether it is to prove our relationship to be subsisting or it is to prove there are no controling behaviours in our relationship as suggested by the Local authority even though they don't have any evidence.

Please advise soon as our interview is on Wednesday 12th August.
Thanks in advance.
In April, your husband posted here that part of the financial requirement will be met through benefits you receive in the UK, yet you moved back to Bangladesh in January?

Are the benefits of the kind that can be used for the financial requirement and are you still receiving them? Meaning: if you are still receiving them, are these benefits exportable?
That I can only tell you after we get a decision as these are all exceptional circumstances.
I don't know what one has to do with the other.

You either claim benefits while living abroad or you don't.

The benefits are either on the list of the ones that can be used towards the financial requirement or they are not.

The benefits are either exportable or not.

In any case, I wish you all the best and good luck!
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:29 am

Also, have you informed the benefits offices that you are not currently living in the UK since January?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.