ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnILRApplicant
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:57 am

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am
Hi
I’ve been checking the timeline thread but it only shows good news there. (They all seem to get a decision in 1-3 working days)
I wonder if anyone is in a similar situation like me. I applied set o on 22nd June. Case officer emailed me after a week. I had my biometric appointment on 14th August but still no news yet.
Please could you let me know if I am alone?

An anxious applicant
Which email address did the approval come from?

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:58 am

moonpie77 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:55 am
Kris001 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:48 am

I'm waiting after biometrics given on 15 Aug. Hoping 🤞 for decision email today.
Do you mind my asking where you did the biometrics... I did mine in Birmingham on 15th, Set (0), waiting anxiously as well :-)
Glasgow

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:19 am
JS123 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am
I've not posted here before, but wanted to share.

I applied for SET (M) end March 2020. I received an invitation to use the IDV app Wednesday evening (19th August). I managed to take my own picture and verify it with my passport.

After being invited to use the app, the online booking system also opened up for me, so seems you have a choice to use the app or attend an in person appointment (cheapest i saw was £110)
Can you paste the original content of the email, taking out your personal details?

This post can only be verified if more members report the same. As its one off, really can not deduce a trail.

We are pleased to announce that the new UKVCAS IDV app is now launched.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have changed the way they process applications in response to COVID-19. As a result, UKVI and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) have worked together to develop an Identity Verification (IDV) app which we are now inviting you to use.

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI involves you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.

The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

Why should I use the IDV app?

It’s fully approved by UKVI: The IDV app handles the identity verification process by letting you upload documents, take a photo of yourself and submit these directly to UKVI so a decision can be made about your application.

It’s safe and secure: The IDV app is based on technology delivered by Sopra Steria which is used by Police Forces across the UK and Europe. The app is highly secure and has passed the most stringent Government standards so you can use it with confidence.

It saves time and money: The IDV app saves you time and money as you no longer need to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. It enables you to submit documents and identity verification information using your smartphone, so you don’t need to leave home or take time away from work.

It’s easy to use: The IDV app is quick and easy to use for all age groups/nationalities. Users are guided in easy steps to scan and upload documents and take photos (selfies) in the right format to submit to UKVI.
What do I need to do next?

Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
Follow the instructions to download the IDV app to your phone
You then need to login to the IDV app:
The username is the email address you used to log into the UKVCAS website
The password is the one you used to log into the UKVCAS website
Unique Application Number (UAN) is the 16 digit number sent to you by UKVI
That’s all you need to get started.

Where can I find more information?

Take a look at the IDV app video here. It shows you just how easy it is to use the IDV app.
If you have any questions, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here. They tell you all about the new IDV app and answer any questions that you may have.
Where can I find my UAN and Access UK checklist?

Your UAN and Access UK document checklist is on the email you received from UKVI after you made your application on the Access UK website on Gov.uk.
What happens if there is a problem verifying my identity on the IDV app

If there are any issues verifying your identity after you have used the IDV app, UKVI may ask you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point to enrol your biometrics in person. Please note, depending on the time and date you choose, there may be a charge for the appointment.
What if I can’t use the IDV app?

If you are having difficulty using the IDV app, please call us to see if we can help on 0844 8920232 (Calls cost £0.04 per minute plus your provider’s access charge. Our lines are open 9am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday).
What if I don’t want to use the IDV app and/or don’t have a smartphone

You can book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Visit the UKVCAS website, log in and book an appointment.
What if I need a decision on my visa urgently due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here
Please note, your immigration status will not be affected while your application is being processed. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:05 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:50 am
gc362952246 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am
Hi
I’ve been checking the timeline thread but it only shows good news there. (They all seem to get a decision in 1-3 working days)
I wonder if anyone is in a similar situation like me. I applied set o on 22nd June. Case officer emailed me after a week. I had my biometric appointment on 14th August but still no news yet.
Please could you let me know if I am alone?

An anxious applicant
HAHA just got approval 2 min after this post. thank you everyone, especially huge thanks to Cullinan. Best of luck and I wish you all get a successful application soon!
congrats!
was the decision sent to your UKVCAS registered email or to your solicitor email, if you used one?

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:21 pm

It’s an email from ‘home office altas’
home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk

I used the same address for UKvcas and ukvi.

Ukvi /ho is the decision maker. I don’t think it is relevant to UKvcas and it is pointless for ukvi to reach applicants through UKvcas

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:27 pm

jamd12 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:57 am
arethere wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:23 pm
jamd12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi everyone,

Applied 29th of July ILR (LR)
Haven't managed to book an appointment yet, or anything!
I've seen people with ILR (LR) who applied 3rd of July only managed to book an appointment 13th of August, which made me calm down a bit!
So following this trend, I'm assuming I will be able to book an appointment by 7th of Sept?

Anyone else in July, with no appointment booked?!
Please let me know would be good to feel that I am not alone on this journey!!
I applied a few days before you and haven't heard anything back. Not even the IDV app consideration.
Oh thanks for replying to me!
Same I havent heard anything at all- even IDV app! :(

I've seen some people in this thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-180.html
who also applied around the same time as us, and who seemed to have heard back and even booked an appointment!!
Lets keep in touch, please let me know when you hear something and manage to book anything!
Hello Guys,

I also applied on 29th july ILR SET (O) via solicitor and after that there is no update. Even the documents were not uploaded and to date i don't have the login for UKVCAS. Have you guys Managed to get the login invitation from UKVI ?

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Honorable Moderators and respected members,

I would like to share my experience with you all so far;

Applied ILR SET (O) on 29th July via Solicitor and since then i have been living in a Limbu. There is not update no communication and not invitation for idv to opt in or opt out. According to the UKVCAS website all july applicants should receive the invitation. In my case there have been no further progress just confirmed with my solicitor.

My solicitor wrote to me on 29th july : "Please note that at present UKVI have suspended the option to arrange biometric appointments or upload supporting documents. Therefore it is likely to take a significant period of time to process your application. I will of course aim to arrange your biometric appointment as soon as I am able. Whilst your application is outstanding you will not be able to travel outside of the UK. What this means is that you will be restricted to the UK for a number of months."

when i check the submission portal it says next steps which includes:

download consent form
book appointment

When i select book appointment it prompts me to a login page and i don't have that login details with me. After reading posts on this forum it seems we can create a login unless UKVI invites us to so ? if that is the case it means that my documents have not been uploaded yet? Because my understanding is you can only submit the documents after logging in ?

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Applied ILR SET (O) on 29th July via Solicitor and since then i have been living in a Limbu. There is not update no communication and not invitation for idv to opt in or opt out. According to the UKVCAS website all july applicants should receive the invitation. In my case there have been no further progress just confirmed with my solicitor.

My solicitor wrote to me on 29th july : "Please note that at present UKVI have suspended the option to arrange biometric appointments or upload supporting documents. Therefore it is likely to take a significant period of time to process your application. I will of course aim to arrange your biometric appointment as soon as I am able. Whilst your application is outstanding you will not be able to travel outside of the UK. What this means is that you will be restricted to the UK for a number of months."

download consent form
book appointment

When i select book appointment it prompts me to a login page and i don't have that login details with me. After reading posts on this forum it seems we can create a login unless UKVI invites us to so ? if that is the case it means that my documents have not been uploaded yet? Because my understanding is you can only submit the documents after logging in ?
If you (and your solicitor) don't have existing login then you can register a new account on UKVCAS.

UKVCAS will only send you bio-metrics or IDV app invitation once after you are registered with UKVCAS after submitting your UKVI application.

leatong
Newly Registered
China

Post by leatong » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi, I just received IDV invitation email 15min ago. I applied on 1st Apr, but it is FLR(M). Thought I should post here. Good luck to us all!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:52 pm

JS123 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:19 am
JS123 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am

I applied for SET (M) end March 2020. I received an invitation to use the IDV app Wednesday evening (19th August). I managed to take my own picture and verify it with my passport.

After being invited to use the app, the online booking system also opened up for me, so seems you have a choice to use the app or attend an in person appointment (cheapest i saw was £110)
Can you paste the original content of the email, taking out your personal details?

This post can only be verified if more members report the same. As its one off, really can not deduce a trail.

We are pleased to announce that the new UKVCAS IDV app is now launched.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have changed the way they process applications in response to COVID-19. As a result, UKVI and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) have worked together to develop an Identity Verification (IDV) app which we are now inviting you to use.

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI involves you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.

The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

Why should I use the IDV app?

It’s fully approved by UKVI: The IDV app handles the identity verification process by letting you upload documents, take a photo of yourself and submit these directly to UKVI so a decision can be made about your application.

It’s safe and secure: The IDV app is based on technology delivered by Sopra Steria which is used by Police Forces across the UK and Europe. The app is highly secure and has passed the most stringent Government standards so you can use it with confidence.

It saves time and money: The IDV app saves you time and money as you no longer need to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. It enables you to submit documents and identity verification information using your smartphone, so you don’t need to leave home or take time away from work.

It’s easy to use: The IDV app is quick and easy to use for all age groups/nationalities. Users are guided in easy steps to scan and upload documents and take photos (selfies) in the right format to submit to UKVI.
What do I need to do next?

Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
Follow the instructions to download the IDV app to your phone
You then need to login to the IDV app:
The username is the email address you used to log into the UKVCAS website
The password is the one you used to log into the UKVCAS website
Unique Application Number (UAN) is the 16 digit number sent to you by UKVI
That’s all you need to get started.

Where can I find more information?

Take a look at the IDV app video here. It shows you just how easy it is to use the IDV app.
If you have any questions, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here. They tell you all about the new IDV app and answer any questions that you may have.
Where can I find my UAN and Access UK checklist?

Your UAN and Access UK document checklist is on the email you received from UKVI after you made your application on the Access UK website on Gov.uk.
What happens if there is a problem verifying my identity on the IDV app

If there are any issues verifying your identity after you have used the IDV app, UKVI may ask you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point to enrol your biometrics in person. Please note, depending on the time and date you choose, there may be a charge for the appointment.
What if I can’t use the IDV app?

If you are having difficulty using the IDV app, please call us to see if we can help on 0844 8920232 (Calls cost £0.04 per minute plus your provider’s access charge. Our lines are open 9am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday).
What if I don’t want to use the IDV app and/or don’t have a smartphone

You can book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Visit the UKVCAS website, log in and book an appointment.
What if I need a decision on my visa urgently due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here
Please note, your immigration status will not be affected while your application is being processed. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.
Thank you JS123. Seems like IDV app has been rolled out for March/April... the text of the email confirms it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:44 pm
Billydkid wrote:

download consent form
book appointment

If you (and your solicitor) don't have existing login then you can register a new account on UKVCAS.

UKVCAS will only send you bio-metrics or IDV app invitation once after you are registered with UKVCAS after submitting your UKVI application.
So can we submit application with out registering with UKVCAS? Because when i select login it doesn't say register a new account, however there is a option to reset the password. This is very frustrating i always use to go for same day service and this is the first time i used the standard service. Every passing day is full of anxiety and stress. :cry:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Billydkid wrote:

download consent form
book appointment

So can we submit application with out registering with UKVCAS? Because when i select login it doesn't say register a new account, however there is a option to reset the password. This is very frustrating i always use to go for same day service and this is the first time i used the standard service. Every passing day is full of anxiety and stress. :cry:
You have to register an account with UKVCAS with an access code that is sent to registered email. If someone already has one and the issue occurs, then follow:
In that case you should press “forget password” and a new access code will be sent to the registered email. You will be able to login then.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Heartbreakkid
Pakistan

Post by Heartbreakkid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 pm
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my wife application on 18th August and received email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display below.Kindly get back to me on this
You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

For further information plea
Read the previous posts you will get your answer.
Hi cullilan
Thanks for your reply but I checked the previous post couldn’t find the answer of my question bcoz I’m unable to create the account for ukvcas Bcoz it won’t give me any link to create account end of the application.I have words with ukvcas representative they said I should contact with home office I rang home office their staff is untrained advice me website link down tray later I keep trying for last 3 days still no success.Kindly get back to me on this.Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Heartbreakkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 pm
Heartbreakkid wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Hello guys
I’m new on this forum I need to ask a quick question I submitted my wife application on 18th August and received email from ukvi application submitted.But on the final task it’s not give me any link to create the account with UKVCAS only message display below.Kindly get back to me on this
You cannot currently book an appointment at a Service and Support Centre
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have temporarily closed Service and Support Centres (SSCs) because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

You cannot book an appointment. If you've already made an appointment to attend an SSC, UKVI will be contacting you to cancel it.

You'll be told when you can book a new appointment.

Your immigration status in the UK will not change as a result of you not being able to attend an appointment.

For further information plea
Read the previous posts you will get your answer.
Hi cullilan
Thanks for your reply but I checked the previous post couldn’t find the answer of my question bcoz I’m unable to create the account for ukvcas Bcoz it won’t give me any link to create account end of the application.I have words with ukvcas representative they said I should contact with home office I rang home office their staff is untrained advice me website link down tray later I keep trying for last 3 days still no success.Kindly get back to me on this.Thanks
You should log in to your UKVI account. On step 7 further actions page, press “book an appointment”. It should then reroute you to UKVCAS and an access code will be sent which usually lands up in junk folder.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:08 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Billydkid wrote:

download consent form
book appointment

When you pay application fee at the last step of application, then your application is officially submitted after successful payment.

Try using the email address/password you are using for UKVI account, I just looked and there is no option to register a new account so it seems that UKVI and UKVCAS share accounts database and the email address that you used to register with UKVI need to be used for UKVCAS. Try to reset password using that email address.

atao
Newly Registered

Post by atao » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:59 pm

Looking at one of the posts that was shared on ILPA's tweet, it says they will ramp up to 4,000 applications per day (i.e. 20,000 per week) - so the question is will the app not be working on the weekends?...

chakings22
Newly Registered

Post by chakings22 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi friends,

I submitted my application the 30th April and opted out of biometric reuse on the 1st Aug. I gave my biometrics on the 14th Aug. Looks like many have received decisions even after giving biometrcis after 14th Aug. Can you tell me if anyone given biometrics on the 14th Aug is still waiting? I am anxiously waiting for this decision as circumstances change at the workplace? Please let me know if I should wait.

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dheerajitsme » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:18 pm

atao wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:59 pm
Looking at one of the posts that was shared on ILPA's tweet, it says they will ramp up to 4,000 applications per day (i.e. 20,000 per week) - so the question is will the app not be working on the weekends?...
May be they will not send out invitations on weekends.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:24 pm

atao wrote:
If this happens and they start inviting lot of people as stated then UKVI will be in trouble and it may cause lot of backlog in UKVI side for making decisions. I hope UKVI will keep same pace in making decisions like current timeline trend.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:26 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:24 pm
atao wrote:
If this happens and they start inviting lot of people as stated then UKVI will be in trouble and it may cause lot of backlog in UKVI side for making decisions. I hope UKVI will keep same pace in making decisions like current timeline trend.
That is a valid concern. I was thinking the same. Lets see how decision timelines appear after biometrics via IDV.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Is anyone hopeful that Priority services will resume? I understand there is still a massive backlog to clear but if July applicants are getting decisions and those affected by lockdown in March/April are also being dealt with, it does raise hope for the resumption of priority services.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:36 pm

leatong wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:46 pm
Hi, I just received IDV invitation email 15min ago. I applied on 1st Apr, but it is FLR(M). Thought I should post here. Good luck to us all!
Once you have submitted everything through the app, could you post what you see on the app home screen? I had thought the ‘submit’ button will change to ‘submitted’ but it still shows ‘submit’ only greyed out again. Above it says ‘your documents have been submitted’.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Just saw on twitter, an applicant who applied on 3rd April has got IDV invitation. That means, UKVCAS have processed at least five days 30 March - 3 April. And another twitter user has also reported that he contacted UKVCAS and he was told that they have sent more than 500 invitations so far. With the above data, my rough estimation on the total number of applicants waiting for the app.
5 days = 500 invitations sent = 100 applicants per day.
Even if we consider 500 applicants per day waiting for the app, for April, May, June, it will be 500 × 90 days = 45000. It will take only two weeks (20000/week) to process them.

leatong
Newly Registered
China

Post by leatong » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:33 pm

JS123 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:36 pm
leatong wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:46 pm
Once you have submitted everything through the app, could you post what you see on the app home screen? I had thought the ‘submit’ button will change to ‘submitted’ but it still shows ‘submit’ only greyed out again. Above it says ‘your documents have been submitted’.
Same as yours, it just says "submit" but greyed out, and the line above says the documents are submitted. Maybe we should feed this back in the survey.

Haom
Newly Registered

Post by Haom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:45 pm

asap8 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:12 pm
Just saw on twitter, an applicant who applied on 3rd April has got IDV invitation. That means, UKVCAS have processed at least five days 30 March - 3 April. And another twitter user has also reported that he contacted UKVCAS and he was told that they have sent more than 500 invitations so far. With the above data, my rough estimation on the total number of applicants waiting for the app.
5 days = 500 invitations sent = 100 applicants per day.
Even if we consider 500 applicants per day waiting for the app, for April, May, June, it will be 500 × 90 days = 45000. It will take only two weeks (20000/week) to process them.
Does anyone know if all applicants in different categories (ILR, citizenships) are in the same line or they process them in different lines?