ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application with solicitor or without?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Application with solicitor or without?

Post by Miranda0412 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Hello,
This is Gloria I am planning to apply for the Irish naturalization in October. I have been living in Ireland for the last 6 years with stamp 1 and 4, no EU/EEA. I am wondering if I should hire a solicitor for the application or doing it by myself, the price of the solicitor is quite high but if it makes the process smother and quicker I wouldn't mind to pay.
Could you please let me know your experiences? what do you recommend?

Best wishes!
Gloria

Miranda0412
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Application with solicitor or without?

Post by Miranda0412 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Sorry I meant 'smoother' with double 'o' :D.

Thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Hiring a solicitor would not give you any advantage whatsoever.

It might even delay your application (as there is a sense that only those who have past immigration issues would hire a solicitor), although this is unproved.

The filing of the application is really straightforward. Just follow the instruction in the application form and get the documents per checklist.

You only need a solicitor to certify a few documents and sign your application, which can be done in under 50 euro.

Gocho77
Columbia

Post by Gocho77 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:27 am

Hi
Using a solicitor or any other pay help won't give you any advantage, the application is not that difficult and if you have any doubt you can always ask in forums like this and write an email to citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

sugeie
Ghana

Post by sugeie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:54 am

Hi Gloria

I would say do not involve a solicitor unless you have to. Like others have said, the application is really straight forward and should take 6-12 months to get processed. However i have heard of stories where peoples application have been stuck for years, and letters from solicitors or a TD moves things along. So don't do it until you have 2.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:31 am

It's up to you really.

If you are comfortable with filling the forms and attaching all required paperwork, you don't need a solicitor.

Most solicitors, they just ask you for your papers and fill the same forms.

It's only if you feel there is a risk that you mess up big time and find the process confusing that you may reach to a solicitor for assistance.

But the outcome is the same. A good application filled by yourself or your representative would eventually to go the same place and is treated the same way.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:54 pm

Miranda0412 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm
Hello,
This is Gloria I am planning to apply for the Irish naturalization in October. I have been living in Ireland for the last 6 years with stamp 1 and 4, no EU/EEA. I am wondering if I should hire a solicitor for the application or doing it by myself, the price of the solicitor is quite high but if it makes the process smother and quicker I wouldn't mind to pay.

Best wishes!
Gloria
If you can afford the price of solicitor please go for it. If you can't afford the price then do it yourself.

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:21 am

johnpromise01 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:54 pm
Miranda0412 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm
Hello,

Best wishes!
Gloria
Have you already applied for it? in my opinion, if you have read all the necessary irish citizenship law and colllected all the INIS asking documents and you know what you are doing it then there is no point paying extra for solicitors but you need to take your document to solicitor to certify and signed by them, yes then go to solicitors.Solicitor

Notary Public

Commissioner of Oaths

Peace Commissioner

I am also planning to apply based on 5-year residence in Ireland?
My question is, Do i have to certify my passport including all the pages or just the biometric page and stamped pages?
it is quite expensive just to certify document in Ireland, Gonna cost me 5 euro per page cheapest so if i pay for certify my 32 pages of passport will cost me 160euro plus my previous expired passport 160euro.=320euro

Also another question is, 3different bills for each year? Do you have 15 different bill in last 5 years?
what about if you have lived on 1address last 5years and just got 4or5bills on my name?

Thanks for sharing information

If you can afford the price of solicitor please go for it. If you can't afford the price then do it yourself.