ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nbhatt

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by nbhatt » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Hiya can you also confirm when did you receive an email for bio-metric reuse from UKVCAS , I think we can analyse from that date.

Thanks

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi

Application submitted 30/3/2020

UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse - EMAIL on 3/7/2020

UKVCAS Biometric reuse update - EMAIL on 31/7/2020

Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app - EMAIL on 21/08/2020

grungium
Newly Registered

Post by grungium » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:08 pm

docfever wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm
Hello

I can confirm that IDV app is now functional. I received an invite today to use it. I had submitted my original application on 30/3/2020. I called the helpline for the app and using my UUN they were able to confirm that all the documents/photos were linked with my application. They also said if any additonal documents were needed, I would be contacted directly. The helpline wait for <5 mins.

Good luck to all. Fingers crossed. Will keep the thread updated on the time taken for decision.
Congratulations and good luck!

Interesting though that I applied on 15 April and have yet to receive an invite to use the app.
So frustrating!

grungium
Newly Registered

Post by grungium » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:11 pm

grungium wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:08 pm
docfever wrote:
Hello

I can confirm that IDV app is now functional. I received an invite today to use it. I had submitted my original application on 30/3/2020. I called the helpline for the app and using my UUN they were able to confirm that all the documents/photos were linked with my application. They also said if any additonal documents were needed, I would be contacted directly. The helpline wait for <5 mins.

Good luck to all. Fingers crossed. Will keep the thread updated on the time taken for decision.
Congratulations and good luck!

Interesting though that I applied on 15 April and have yet to receive an invite to use the app.
So frustrating!
Sorry, you said 30 March! Silly me :)
Hopefully, April invites will start coming in, too.
Still, so frustrating, not having chosen to do appointment.
Yet, even more frustrating that those who didn't have biometrics and had to do appointments (who applied as late as July) got all of their stuff sorted (happy for them of course).
And most frustrating, they couldn't just deal with this app stuff months and months ago during lockdown!!

Belle01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Belle01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Hello Everyone,

My first post here. Just to encourage everyone waiting. I have been a silent observer following all updates here too. This forum has been so helpful and encouraging during this period. Myself and husband applied for British citizenship separately on May 19th 2020 and got put in the biometric reuse group on 4th July. Following the trend and uncertainty of the IDV app, we opted out of the app on 5th August. We booked a biometric for yesterday 20th August at 3.30pm for £69 which was the cheapest we could find in Maidstone near us. And to our surprise, we got both our approvals this afternoon at 3.05pm!! Just a day after attending the appointments! This means they have made preliminary decisions on applications and just need the biometrics/apps to send out decisions. Now the waiting game continues but at least our minds are at rest with the decisions in hand. Good luck everyone. Hope you hear good news soonest.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Congrats to everyone who got approved :D

Do you guys know if they contacted your referees prior to a decision?
Or is it random?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Lespa wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Or is it random?

Thanks
Referees are very rarely contacted, literally never.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cocobana

Post by Cocobana » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Belle01 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:24 pm
Hello Everyone,

My first post here. Just to encourage everyone waiting. I have been a silent observer following all updates here too. This forum has been so helpful and encouraging during this period. Myself and husband applied for British citizenship separately on May 19th 2020 and got put in the biometric reuse group on 4th July. Following the trend and uncertainty of the IDV app, we opted out of the app on 5th August. We booked a biometric for yesterday 20th August at 3.30pm for £69 which was the cheapest we could find in Maidstone near us. And to our surprise, we got both our approvals this afternoon at 3.05pm!! Just a day after attending the appointments! This means they have made preliminary decisions on applications and just need the biometrics/apps to send out decisions. Now the waiting game continues but at least our minds are at rest with the decisions in hand. Good luck everyone. Hope you hear good news soonest.
Congrats! This I believe is the quickest response received so far.
I did my biometric at Maidstone on the same day @12:30 as well and I haven’t heard back yet. I suppose since I applied on the 8th of July, they have to consider those before me or depends on the caseworker.
Fingers crossed I will hear soon from them.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:44 pm
Lespa wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Or is it random?

Thanks
Referees are very rarely contacted, literally never.
Fair enough.
Thanks 😊

Just for the reference, application on 15th April, biometrics reuse email 4th July, no IDV invite yet.
So it looks like its just March applications.

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:21 pm

docfever wrote:
Hello

I received an invitation to use IDV invite as well. Just took an image on top of previously uploaded documents and submitted it. My application was made on 27/3/2020.

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm

We applied on July 16th; we were notified on Aug 6th that the biometrics are to be reused. We're now awaiting the invite to use the app. We're wondering if too opt out now but the deadline to do so has passed for us.

Belle01
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Belle01 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Cocobana wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:45 pm
Belle01 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:24 pm
Hello Everyone,

Congrats! This I believe is the quickest response received so far.
I did my biometric at Maidstone on the same day @12:30 as well and I haven’t heard back yet. I suppose since I applied on the 8th of July, they have to consider those before me or depends on the caseworker.
Fingers crossed I will hear soon from them.
Thanks. Check your junk mail folder as both our letters came via email in the junk folders. All the best!

patie1234
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by patie1234 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi guys,

I finally managed to book a free appointment at the Manchester core point. There were a few free days available if anyone is still looking.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:28 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:54 am

I submitted my application on May 18th. I haven’t receive IDV up to now. Can I opt out now or is it too late ?

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:13 am

I don’t think you can opt out now.

However when you get and invite to use the IDV app and submit your photographs etc - it allows you the option to book an appointment or use the app.

To be clear - I had not opted out of using the IDV app. I couldn’t book any appointments until I received the invite to use the app yesterday.

The email to use the app contains this :

“What if I don’t want to use the IDV app and/or don’t have a smartphone

You can book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Visit the UKVCAS website, log in and book an appointment.“

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:02 am

I got the second “reuse” email on 1 August. Still waiting for the login details for the app.

My question is: I never uploaded documents to the sopra website. Should I upload documents to sopra website or wait for the app and upload the documents there?

Many thanks for the help

gk642
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gk642 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:44 am

therock wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:02 am
My question is: I never uploaded documents to the sopra website. Should I upload documents to sopra website or wait for the app and upload the documents there?
Documents uploaded on UKVCAS website will be visible in the IDV app automatically to start with. So, you can use both UKVCAS website and IDV app or just one system depending on what you prefer.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:58 am

therock wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:02 am
I got the second “reuse” email on 1 August. Still waiting for the login details for the app.

Many thanks for the help
If I were you, I would upload all documents and submit to the HO. Otherwise you will be in the back queue if you don't do so.

From people posts, it look like the HO process the application after you submit your documents, but you will not get the decision till you submit your photo.

Human1212
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Human1212 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:29 am

HI there, Can anyone tell me what should i upload on Prove of Application option on UKVCAS?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Human1212 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:29 am
HI there, Can anyone tell me what should i upload on Prove of Application option on UKVCAS?
Not applicable for naturalisation, whatever that proof is.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:57 pm

Proof of Application essential refers to Mandatory documents you have to submit.

Once you have completed your application for for British Citizenship - it will generate a list of mandatory documents needs for submission. This is classed as proof of application in the IDV app.

The app gives you a choice of Proof of application/Mandatory documents AND Optional documents you may want to submit to support your application.

See link here : https://ibb.co/G7t8Jzv (will delete after 2 weeks)

Everyones Mandatory documents may differ based on their individual situation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Human1212 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:29 am
Proof of application category clearly states to upload the current passport.

Dont get yourself confused with mandatory and optional categories.

The website works like this. Only passport is asked to be uploaded in proof of application which is mandatory. All other documents are uploaded in the “optional” categories (although they are mandatory also).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:17 pm

londonent wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:40 pm
I know the deadline has passed to opt out of IDV for June applicants, but has anyone tried opting out anyway. Maybe they would accept latecomers?
I tried to opt-out from IDV app but didn’t get any response yet ! I don’t think we can opt out now

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:21 pm

I applied in early April received an email this evening to use IDV app to submit the application.

Just submitted my application via IDV app.

So pleased biometrics are now out of the way.