ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my NRPF changed to RPF

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Miss_tito
Newly Registered

Got my NRPF changed to RPF

Post by Miss_tito » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi All,

I’ve been a silent follower since 2018. I just thought to share my story with you all. Hopefully it helps someone.

I’m a single mum of one and I got my stay (parent of a British child) early last year after overstaying my initial visiting visa. My brp card clearly stated “No recourse to public funds” and I did not apply for public funds since getting my stay, not even child benefit.

When Covid-19 started,I was placed on furlough and there was the risk of being made redundant. I feared for how my child and I would cope if that happens. Then I spoke with my lawyer who advised I apply to HO to have the condition(NRPF) removed. I feared my application would be unsuccessful because my annual income is slightly over £30,000.

I ended up applying after the recent case of a single parent who them to court to have the NRPF removed, won the case.

I provided the necessary documents and my lawyer made the application(the application is free btw). After about 4weeks, they got back and requested for more documents which I provided and I got a response within 10 working days. My application was approved and I got my new card. I’m so happy and I just thought to share this with any parent who might be in a similar situation.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Cheers 😊

flrfpr
Newly Registered

Re: Got my NRPF changed to RPF

Post by flrfpr » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:25 pm

what application did your lawyer make and please tell the name of the form he used and the documents requeted by the home office
thanks