ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Inquiry

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

razor433
Newly Registered
India

Funds for Spouse

Post by razor433 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:46 am

Dear Valued Members,
My wife will be applying for her Tier 4 student visa after the credibility interview. In order to apply for her Visa she needs to show her funds. My questions are as below:

1. Proof of relationship: We are Indians applying from United Arab Emirates (UAE). In UAE, account can be opened only if the person is working in UAE. Since she is a home maker, she has a joint account with me (her husband). For proof of relationship, we have our marriage certificate and also my name is mentioned in her passport as spouse. My question is,
a. Should the funds be under her name in her own personal account
Or
b. The bank statement (or official letter from the Bank with stamp) with both her name and my name would be enough.
NOTE: I have just added her name to my account 1-2 weeks before.

2. Maintenance of Funds: For how many months or days the funds should be maintained in the account.

3. Proof of funds: Which document would be advisable to be given while applying for UK Tier 4 General visa:
a. Bank Statement with both our names (and also how many months do I need to take the bank statements to show as evidence)
b. Official Letter from the Bank with stamp stating my name and her name along with the funds that has been maintained in the bank for a specific period.

NOTE: I and my 2 daughters (who is 8 months and 3 years old respectively) will also will be applying for the General Tier 4 students –dependent visa.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Funds for Spouse

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:51 am

All your questions are covered in the PBS Dependant policy guidance, paragraphs 119 and 120.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

razor433
Newly Registered
India

Post by razor433 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Many Thanks for the reply. But I am looking for Query No 1 proof of relationship as this is not mentioned in the PBS Dependent policy. Kindly advise.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:57 pm

razor433 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm
Many Thanks for the reply. But I am looking for Query No 1 proof of relationship as this is not mentioned in the PBS Dependent policy.
razor433 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm
1. Proof of relationship:
a. Should the funds be under her name in her own personal account
Or
b. The bank statement (or official letter from the Bank with stamp) with both her name and my name would be enough.
Not sure where you are looking, but paragraph 120, section i, first bullet point, confirms that either is fine.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

razor433
Newly Registered
India

Funds for Dependent

Post by razor433 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:44 am

Dear Concern,

I would like to enquire about the 28 day rule. According to Tier 4 Dependent guide (Para 119), "If you apply separately from the Tier 4 (General) student, we will require you and any other
family members who are overseas to show that you have held the money for 28 days. The
end date of this 28 day period must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application
and no later than the date of application."
If I am showing the Bank statement which is more than 28 days ie 32-33 days (like 6th July 2020-8th August 2020), and my application date is 17th August 2020. Will that be enough time period? or Do I need to show the Bank Statement from 6th July 2020 to 15th August 2020? or am I reading the statement wrong?
Your kind advise and support will be highly appreciated.

razor433
Newly Registered
India

Dependent Visa Inquiry

Post by razor433 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Dear Concern,
I am planning to apply for Tier 4 general student visa. Before posting my question, I am applying for the Visa along with My husband and 2 children. While filling out the application, there is a question which asks does any one depend on you financially. With regards to this, I have 2 questions:
1. I am submitting our bank Statement (both me and my husband's) for the financial part. Where as for my husband and our children, he will be submitting another bank statement. For this question, do I need to answer Yes or no? If yes, I can fill in all the dependents name along with our children. If I choose no I won't be able to fill out any information about dependents.

2. If I say no, do I need to make a other application for dependents (husband) PBS and child (for our children) PBS.
3. Also, since my husband and children do not have a Surname, how do they need to proceed with the application, meaning, what information do they need to place in for Given names and Surname in the UK application.
Your advise on these questions would be highly appreciated.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent Visa Inquiry

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:23 pm

I am not an expert so please wait for other seniors to respond.

for 1 and 2 - I think you need to create a separate application form PBS dependent for your dependent children and husband as your husband is sponsoring them for their expenses. so you wouldnt be able to add them on to your application

for 3 - if on your passport

given name = empty
last name = joe bloggs

In this case enter you need to enter your last name on both the columns on the online application:

First name: Joe Bloggs
Last name : Joe Bloggs

again please wait for seniors to respond

Good luck !