ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Hi Big Mo,
Hope you are keeping well. I am new to the forum and this is my very first post.

My parents applied for 6 months visit visa from Lahore Pakistan. The visa was rejected on 12th August 2020 by the Home Office with more of less the same reasons you described.

The ECO missed some key details in the application form and didn't even look at the property documents. They assumed that my parents are leaving no dependant behind but details of my brother who is dependant on them were in the application form. They also concluded that my parents don't own any property without looking at the property documents submitted.

There was inconsistency in ECO's own statements in the refusal letter. In the 2nd bullet point of the refusal letter, the ECO acknowledged that he/she noted in the application form that my parents receive an annual income of £7289 but one bullet point later they concluded that my parents declared on their application form that they have no income. The ECO also raised the silly concern of family whereabouts.

I am about to send them PAP. Did you use a solicitor or filed yourself?

I started filling it out but wasn't not sure about the following points at the end?

The details of any interested parties?
The details of any information sought?
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) proposals?
Additional documents attached?
Can we send additional documents with PAP as I was planning to send the copies of NICs of my siblings just to confirm their "whereabouts".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Hope a moderator would split this one here.

Please don't post your own stories in someone's else thread. Open you own thread.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents visit visa refused

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:40 pm
Hope a moderator would split this one here.

Please don't post your own stories in someone's else thread. Open you own thread.
Post split
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:17 am

Apologies. Being a new newbie, wasn't aware of the forum rules.
The help is still needed. Anyone?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Kam321 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:58 pm

The ECO missed some key details in the application form and didn't even look at the property documents. They assumed that my parents are leaving no dependant behind but details of my brother who is dependant on them were in the application form. They also concluded that my parents don't own any property without looking at the property documents submitted.

There was inconsistency in ECO's own statements in the refusal letter. In the 2nd bullet point of the refusal letter, the ECO acknowledged that he/she noted in the application form that my parents receive an annual income of £7289 but one bullet point later they concluded that my parents declared on their application form that they have no income. The ECO also raised the silly concern of family whereabouts.
Were the property documents in English or accompanied by a translation?

Is your brother a minor or, if not, did your parents supply documents showing how their adult son is dependent on them?

What's the income from and how was it declared in the application form?

Do they have bank statements and a paper trail for the income and did they supply these documents?

Many European countries ask for family whereabouts to determine how strong the applicant's ties to their home country are versus ties to elsewhere, so, not so silly.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Zainsaleems
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zainsaleems » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Home office does this to everyone. They did same with my parents application. Refused twice. We are currently having judical review in process. I would recommend you to go for solicitor. Don't send the PAP by yourself.

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am

Hi ALKB,
Original Property Documents (in Urdu) with attested English translation were provided with the application form.

The dependant brother is not minor and we didn't provide any documents to prove it. I wonder which documents could prove that?

The main income is from the Saving Certificates in my father's name worth PKR 3 million.
The letters from the National Savings Centre confirming this and my dad's bank statement showing the monthly credit/profit transactions (around PKR 39000 every month) from the National Saving Centre were also attached. I also give them around £5000 each year which is more of a backup and they use part of it as and when required. Cash remittance receipts showing this were also attached.

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks ZainSaleems. I am also considering the solicitor option.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:52 am

Kam321 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am
I also give them around £5000 each year which is more of a backup and they use part of it as and when required. Cash remittance receipts showing this were also attached.
That might even make the case more enfeebled which you are misconceiving as a backup.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Kam321 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 am

The dependant brother is not minor and we didn't provide any documents to prove it. I wonder which documents could prove that?

The main income is from the Saving Certificates in my father's name worth PKR 3 million.
The letters from the National Savings Centre confirming this and my dad's bank statement showing the monthly credit/profit transactions (around PKR 39000 every month) from the National Saving Centre were also attached. I also give them around £5000 each year which is more of a backup and they use part of it as and when required. Cash remittance receipts showing this were also attached.
How is your brother dependent on your parents?

Is he still in university and relying on your parents for tuition, room and board, etc.? Is he disabled? What's the situation?

That your parents receive a good portion of their annual income through you, probably wasn't a plus point.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

BigMo

Post by BigMo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:38 am

Hi

Apologies only just seen this post.

To answer, I applied through a lawyer.

For family 'whereabouts', you can get NADRA family registration certificate online from NADRA website (you can easily search for it online). I attached that when submitting my additional documents.

I didn't attach any additional documents with PAP but noted that if they had asked for additional information, we would have provided the additional documents (but emphasis needs to be on the documents submitted). Once they set aside the original decision and ask for additional details, that is when you can provide additional documents. Note that this is based on my experience so others may have taken a different approach.

We have just submitted the additional documents following the 'options' they gave us (including NADRA family certificate, which I hadn't submitted with the original application). Will let you know how it goes.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Cheers

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:20 am

@ BigMo
Thanks a lot brother. We provided FRC with their original applications but it wasn't enough for UKVI. They made an objection for the sake of it. You are the second person on this thread who sent PAP using a solicitor so I think it's better to use a lawyer. Will keep you posted.

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am

@ALKB
He has been suffering from health issues since childhood.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Kam321 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am
@ALKB
He has been suffering from health issues since childhood.
In that case, you probably have numerous documents like medical reports to prove that not having his parents around would be detrimental?

If you don't tell HO why an adult child is still dependent on their parents, HO will only see a grown man who can and will easily fend for himself should his parents leave the country.

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:46 pm

@ALKB
That's a valid point and duly noted. Thanks a lot for your valued suggestions so far. Will keep you posted on the outcome of PAP.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:04 pm

In that case, you probably have numerous documents like medical reports to prove that not having his parents around would be detrimental?

If you don't tell HO why an adult child is still dependent on their parents, HO will only see a grown man who can and will easily fend for himself should his parents leave the country.
It can be still objected. I have seen a case like that.

If both carers are able to leave him and travel to the UK for holidays, it means he is ill but not dependent on their care.

Chances are higher if you apply for one parent to visit at a time. The other parent remaining behind is indeed a strong incentive to return.

Kam321
Newly Registered

Post by Kam321 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Quick update:
In response to our PAP, received the email today from UKVI to say that they have withdrawn the refusal decisions in favour of reconsiderations. The office will be in contact with us in due course.
Thanks a lot for your help everyone.