ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for spouse of EU citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smooshy90
Newly Registered
Italy

Visa for spouse of EU citizen

Post by smooshy90 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:28 pm

Hello everybody,

I am an EU citizen exercising my rights in Ireland since more than 2 years ( always employed, VHI health plan etc. ).
I recently got married with non-EU citizen from a visa required European country.

My wife applied for a "Join EU spouse type C visa" around July 17th, but the consulate took our application changing it to long term visa because they affirmed all short term visas are not evaluated at the moment (not sure it's 100% correct). In the visa letters and documentation we clearly specified in multiple parts the purpose is for EU Directive 2004/38/EC spouse reunification ( to live together ). The consulate helped us to gather all the required documentation, even discarding some evidence because it was "too much".

Aside from the fact that my case seems to be in the emergency/priority cases specified on the INIS website even if short term (am I correct?), we haven't yet heard back from anyone and the consulate says this type of application is evaluated in Dublin office. I checked also the Dublin weekly visa results and the application number is not there.

Anybody in a similar situation?
Thank you!

MaryellenIreland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Visa for spouse of EU citizen

Post by MaryellenIreland » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm

I would say do not expect a reply anytime soon. I am an Irish citizen who is married to a non EU visa required national.
Our visa application was received in Dublin in January, we have heard nothing.

smooshy90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by smooshy90 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:37 pm

MaryellenIreland wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:04 pm
I would say do not expect a reply anytime soon. I am an Irish citizen who is married to a non EU visa required national.
Our visa application was received in Dublin in January, we have heard nothing.
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. How do you know that the application was received? We tried to email Dublin but we got a vague generic reply with no info regarding the specific case.

MaryellenIreland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MaryellenIreland » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 am

I have got my local TD involved along with directly emailing the department myself and they confirmed it is received. They also stated it takes 6 to 12 months for a visa application but that is just an estimate unfortunately.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:08 am

eutr is much quicker than spouse of irish national.

smooshy90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by smooshy90 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Granista wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:08 am
eutr is much quicker than spouse of irish national.
Thanks for the info. The visa office said they received the application via post on the 27 of August (last Friday). I guess better late than never!

Should I expect results by next week you think?

smooshy90
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by smooshy90 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello,

I am just posting to share an update on my situation. As of today, no decision has been taken yet (I have been checking every Tuesday on the visa results page!)

- Application submitted July 17
- Application arrived in Dublin on August 27 (almost 6 weeks after)
- From date of arrival, almost other 5 weeks have passed

Is this normal?

Cheers