ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent for Child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mavr80
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent for Child

Post by mavr80 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:59 am

I am holding Tier 2 general Visa and my Husband is in Tier 2 ICT Visa. Our child is currently holding dependent visa under my Husband's Visa. Now i am planning to change my child's visa under me as a Tier 2 general Dependent. Will my child get Visa end date till my Visa Expiry?. Note - My Husband Visa will be ending soon so i thought of switching my child's Visa to keep her with me. Also could you please advice if Covering letter Mandatory for my Child's application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent for Child

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:04 am

Will my child get Visa end date till my Visa Expiry?.
No. The child will get a visa expiry date in line with your husband. This is clearly stated in the immigration rules. If your husband does not apply for a visa or leaves the UK, the child is likely not able to get a visa either. The requirement for children is that both parents must be present with valid leave in the UK.

Is your husband not applying for a tier 2 dependent visa too??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:15 am

No my husband is not planning to switch it now. I am looking only to switch my child visa under mine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:39 am

It won't work then. The immigration rules are very clear on what is required for children.

Why is your husband not switching? What is he planning to do then if his visa is expiring soon?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:27 pm

My Husband is trying for Extension. But if he is not getting he might travel back to my Home country and search for a job and return. His employer is not allowing to work on Dependent Visa :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:29 pm

So why can't he change employers then if he gets a tier 2 dependent visa? He would be free to work for any employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:29 am

His current Employer is not allowing to switch to another visa within UK since he came with ICT Visa sponsored by them. He need to go back and serve 3 months notice if he need to resign :( .

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Is there any cooling period to apply Tier 2 General dependent Visa after going back to Home Country from Tier 2 ICT? Also will there be any challenge in applying from Home Country for my Husband and Daughter instead of doing switch within UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Cooling off period doesn't apply to tier 2 dependent visas.

Makes no difference where they apply, though it is easier within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:56 pm

A suggestion:
Apply for tier 2 dependent visa for both your husband and child from within the UK. I don't believe the current employer has any say in this. Both husband and child are well within their rights to get a dependent visa. Once the husband gets a dependent visa, he can then choose to travel to home country to serve notice or do whatever he likes really...