ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dianarose1982
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by dianarose1982 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks for thw reply. I applied on April 27. So I can just submit my application without me getting stress out again in getting my latest bank statements and payslip😌

teeewai
Newly Registered

Post by teeewai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:59 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Anyone who applied towards the end of the period of 1-15 Aug received an invite to book an appointment? I applied on 13 Aug but no news
Applied 1st of Aug, no news yet.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:00 pm

strong_and_stable wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:55 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:17 pm
har_p3 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:08 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Anyone who applied towards the end of the period of 1-15 Aug received an invite to book an appointment? I applied on 13 Aug but no news
No disregard for you.. But its funny how people who just applied 10-15 days ago are feeling so anxious when there are people who applied in March, April or May and still haven't had update. The world is full of irony :)
Why am I not surprised by this kind of reply at all? Possibly that’s why some haven’t received an update. No offence :)
Chaps let's not descend in to ill feeling for our fellow applicants. Be it March applicant or September, many of us have been in this immigration system for a long time. I think most of us have had an experience of losing a dream job, missing precious time with loved ones or generally paying through the nose for poor service! I myself have been waiting well over a decade. We're nearly there folks!! Just hold on a bit longer :)
Well said. May all of our anxious wait end soon with positivity.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:01 pm

dianarose1982 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 pm
Thanks for thw reply. I applied on April 27. So I can just submit my application without me getting stress out again in getting my latest bank statements and payslip😌
yes :) and if you can post your timeline on the below thread until you get your BRP, that would help the community a lot. Good Luck!
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1260.html

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:02 pm

“We are sending out emails to invite you to use the IDV app in phases, working in date order from the earliest to the most recent, based on the registration date you applied to UKVI”.

Dear Moderators, I registered With ukvi on 23 June and submitted my application on 14th July. Which date will count as the one where they send out the idv app invite. Thank you

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:56 pm
razzmatazz wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 pm
Finally got my invitation for IDV app!

Applied for Set (M) on the 28th of April.

Received invitation today at 19:42.

Long time waiting... good luck everyone!
THanks for the update.
Any updates from other April/may applicants who are still waiting? @Carrington1234
@zamanam @SIyer @har_p3 @Whizart 
Hope you guys already tried logging in to the app even without the email

Unable to login and still waiting for that elusive invitation.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:02 pm
“We are sending out emails to invite you to use the IDV app in phases, working in date order from the earliest to the most recent, based on the registration date you applied to UKVI”.

Dear Moderators, I registered With ukvi on 23 June and submitted my application on 14th July. Which date will count as the one where they send out the idv app invite. Thank you
Date of submission I guess , the date you made the payment.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:04 pm

strong_and_stable wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:55 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:17 pm
har_p3 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:08 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
No disregard for you.. But its funny how people who just applied 10-15 days ago are feeling so anxious when there are people who applied in March, April or May and still haven't had update. The world is full of irony :)
Why am I not surprised by this kind of reply at all? Possibly that’s why some haven’t received an update. No offence :)
Chaps let's not descend in to ill feeling for our fellow applicants. Be it March applicant or September, many of us have been in this immigration system for a long time. I think most of us have had an experience of losing a dream job, missing precious time with loved ones or generally paying through the nose for poor service! I myself have been waiting well over a decade. We're nearly there folks!! Just hold on a bit longer :)
Well said. May all our anxious wait end soon with positivity.

ujeshaniere
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ujeshaniere » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Got IDV invite a few minutes ago. Applied For set LR 20th may.

Shuvotash
Newly Registered

Post by Shuvotash » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks to all active users and moderators.
I applied on 18th May and opted in for IDV.
Just got invite for IDV app and submitted my verification
Queue is moving and backlog is clearing.
The wait is over and let’s wait for final the outcome.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting.
Thanks to all including UKVCAS AND UKVI

dianarose1982
Newly Registered

Post by dianarose1982 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:01 pm
dianarose1982 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 pm
yes :) and if you can post your timeline on the below thread until you get your BRP, that would help the community a lot. Good Luck!
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1260.html
I will thank you😊

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Shuvotash wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 pm
Hi Guys,
Thanks to all active users and moderators.
I applied on 18th May and opted in for IDV.
Just got invite for IDV app and submitted my verification
Queue is moving and backlog is clearing.
The wait is over and let’s wait for final the outcome.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting.
Thanks to all including UKVCAS AND UKVI
Which ILR SET did you apply for?

Vinay_b
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Vinay_b » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Guys

Recieved invite.. Application Date 18th May

Hope to get further results faster

Best of luck to all

vieve34
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vieve34 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Applied on 19th May 2020

SET M

Received invite to submit photo verification for IDV at 8.42pm today.

May God help us all as now the real waiting begins.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Raldoc wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:21 pm
One friend.
Application date: 18/05/2020 (tier 2 extension)
Didn't get an email but was able to login and submit.
Hope this helps.
Login to what?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 pm

vieve34 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:34 pm
Applied on 19th May 2020

SET M

Exactly same as you, SET (M) on 19th May, but haven't got anything :( No luck today.

Did you upload supporting documents before you received the invite?

buntyc
India

rational for not perfect chronology

Post by buntyc » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:52 pm

One of the assumptions that makes to me. As with most of the team, I believe different teams (or individuals) will be handling a set of applications allocated on some basis. Each team has applications from different set of dates and each team would be sending invitation for IDV at different times. Hence it could NOT be perfectly chronological. Make sense to me.

Raldoc
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raldoc » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:39 pm
Raldoc wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:21 pm
One friend.
Application date: 18/05/2020 (tier 2 extension)
Didn't get an email but was able to login and submit.
Hope this helps.
Login to what?
IDV app. Emails are coming late it seems.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Hope decisions also start coming in soon for the IDV applicants.
Just a thought that the first week (w/c 17/8) was a 'trial/pilot' run and the actual game began this week so the initial applicants may not be getting quick decisions. I strongly feel that the decisions should follow soon. So, a little more patience should do it.

If IDV was indeed disadvantageous then UKVCAS knows that people would attend appointments instead of using the app rendering the app useless and creating strain on service centres and adding to backlogs.

vieve34
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vieve34 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:05 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 pm
vieve34 wrote:
Applied on 19th May 2020

SET M

Exactly same as you, SET (M) on 19th May, but haven't got anything :( No luck today.

Yes I uploaded all suppourting document sometime last month.

Fingers crossed yours will come in tomorrow or you can take a chance now by loggin into your UKVCAS account and see if your appointment windows are showing.

You can also try logging into the IDV app with your UAN number, sometimes there may be a slight delay with emails.

I was able to submit my photo 3hours before I received the email.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Just a thought that the first week (w/c 17/8) was a 'trial/pilot' run and the actual game began this week so the initial applicants may not be getting quick decisions. I strongly feel that the decisions should follow soon. So, a little more patience should do it.

If IDV was indeed disadvantageous then UKVCAS knows that people would attend appointments instead of using the app rendering the app useless and creating strain on service centres and adding to backlogs.
And it's in UKVI's interest to get done with this backlog ASAP so that they can go back to their extortion business of charging £800 for super priority :D

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:17 pm

vieve34 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:05 pm
NoUsername wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 pm
vieve34 wrote:
Applied on 19th May 2020

SET M

Yes I uploaded all suppourting document sometime last month.

Fingers crossed yours will come in tomorrow or you can take a chance now by loggin into your UKVCAS account and see if your appointment windows are showing.

You can also try logging into the IDV app with your UAN number, sometimes there may be a slight delay with emails.

I was able to submit my photo 3hours before I received the email.
Many thanks ❤️

Yea, tried to log into IDV but no luck as well. I haven't uploaded the docs but will do tomorrow. Hopefully it will bring the invite in.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:24 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm

And it's in UKVI's interest to get done with this backlog ASAP so that they can go back to their extortion business of charging £800 for super priority :D
They better clear the backlog.
I can't wait to receive the decision email

Application date : 04/04/20
IDV invitation: 22/08/20

The wait is killing me...😌

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm

Just a thought process about what the IDV app means for Sopra Steria's business.

After the Covid-19 backlogs are cleared, this sounds like a bad news for UKVCAS in the long run, I think. They run at least 20 staffed centres and have installed biometric capture equipment (some capital value) in various cities of the UK.

Currently, applicants eligible for biometric reuse are adults who have had their biometrics captured for a previous immigration application. This means that first-time applicants and those with children are not currently eligible. We take note that the reuse policy is only effective for applications made from within the UK, where biometrics have also been captured within the UK, and so UKVCAS source of income is relatively protected in the near future.

However, everyone, including first-time applicants, would have had biometrics captured at some VAC location somewhere in the world for their initial entry to the UK. I assume that the UKVI has access to these in a centralized database irrespective of whether the biometrics were done in country X or country Y.
In the same vein as they opened up the possibility of biometric reuse, it is only a matter of time UKVI allows reuse of biometrics captured elsewhere in the world (for in-country switching applications to start with).

Since the IDV app is free (and is likely to evolve and become robust with any bug fixes over time), in the long run, this does seem like a slow loss of business to UKVCAS? Once total reuse of biometrics is possible by UKVI, nobody shall need to show up at their centres. Why would UKVCAS pay to retain staff, rent floor space and maintain biometric equipment? Maybe they'll have to monetize the app in some manner, and maintain a lean staff count for those needing translation help, or document scanning or other VIP services.

Just a thought.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:39 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm
Just a thought process about what the IDV app means for Sopra Steria's business.

After the Covid-19 backlogs are cleared, this sounds like a bad news for UKVCAS in the long run, I think. They run at least 20 staffed centres and have installed biometric capture equipment (some capital value) in various cities of the UK.

Currently, the folks eligible for biometric reuse are adults who have had their biometrics captured for a previous immigration application. This means that first-time applicants and those with children are not currently eligible. We take note that the reuse policy is only effective for applications made from within the UK, where biometrics have also been captured within the UK, and so UKVCAS source of income is relatively protected.

Everyone, including first-time applicants, would have had biometrics captures at some VAC location somewhere in the world for their initial entry to the UK. In the same vein as they opened up the possibility of biometric reuse, it is only a matter of time UKVI allows reuse of biometrics captured elsewhere in the world (for in-country switching applications to start with).

Since the IDV app is free (and is likely to evolve and become robust with any bug fixes over time), in the long run, this does seem like a slow loss of business to UKVCAS? Once total reuse of biometrics is possible by UKVI, nobody shall need to show up at their centres. Why would UKVCAS pay to retain staff, rent floor space and maintain biometric equipment?

Just a thought.
I would argue that it's a massive win for UKVCAS and Covid-19 has been a blessing for them.
With the app running now and allowing the biometric reuse, they can start to close centres and reduce their staff gradually and make massive savings on manpower and real estate cost(both these are very high even from European standards). Cost of equipment is no where in comparison to these. And don't think the contract will be renegotiated before it expires.