ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:49 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:27 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:25 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:22 pm
just received an email for idv ..
When did you register with UKVCAS?
I think OP applied on 4th May.
yes thats right. i applied on 4th may.. but somehow when i go on photo its all black and it doesnt take my photo.. i have idiot-phone 5s and ios 12.4.5. .. do u think that could be a reason...! i can see all documents i uploaded but when i go on photo screen goes black,
This app will NOT work on your phone.

App works on i-phone 6 and above and having version iOS 12 and above.

Page 21

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Abdul1274
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Abdul1274 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:59 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 pm
At time of this post: Latest report for IDV invite is up to 11th May. Happy to see the pace!
In another forum, an applicant who registerd with UKVCAS on June 06, 2020 has got the IDV app invite. social media weblink removed by moderator
Strange

I applied on the 30th of April and I've still not received an invite for the IDV. Still hoping that I get my own invite soon.

Congrats to him for getting his own invite.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Received email to use IDV about an hour ago. Just took my photo, did a liveness check, took a photo of my passport and submitted the application.

It was quick and easy. They took all that time to make a good app after all.

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm

passat wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm
Received email to use IDV about an hour ago. Just took my photo, did a liveness check, took a photo of my passport and submitted the application.

It was quick and easy. They took all that time to make a good app after all.
Forgot to mention that my application date was 6th May.

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:04 pm

Same! We Applied for my husband on the same date too!

Did you apply through your solicitor or directly?
Abdul1274 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:59 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:26 pm
At time of this post: Latest report for IDV invite is up to 11th May. Happy to see the pace!
In another forum, an applicant who registerd with UKVCAS on June 06, 2020 has got the IDV app invite. social media weblink removed by moderator
Strange

I applied on the 30th of April and I've still not received an invite for the IDV. Still hoping that I get my own invite soon.

Congrats to him for getting his own invite.

nellyasuai
Newly Registered

Post by nellyasuai » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Hello All,
Hope this brings hope to someone,
I applied on the 12th of May, just received my invitation to use the app this evening, I just uploaded a copy of my travel document and took a passport selfie of my face and submitted, however, after taking a photo of your face, it will tell you to turn left slowly and turn to your right slowly too, it's called liveliness photo, to check if its you...
Very easy to use as you follow the instructions.. Thanks
Last edited by nellyasuai on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi All ,
I am following this topic since I have applied for naturalisation. I have applied in 6th June 2020 and waiting for IDV invitation email. I have already uploaded and submit my travel document photos (the First page and all other pages which were stamped ).
I need to know do I need to upload my travel document picture via app again to let the app submit my facial?
Thanks

Alisaa
Iran

Post by Alisaa » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:31 pm

UKVCAS UPDATE 25/08/2020

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Our plan is to email eligible IDV customers inviting them to use the IDV app:

By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020

By 14 September 2020 for IDV customers who registered with UKVI and UKVCAS in August 2020

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:19 am

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:27 pm
Here's a screenshot of a facebook group that I am a member of that shows that someone who applied on June 06, 2020 has received invite for IDV app on Aug 25, 2020

Screenshot identifying people by name removed by moderator

It could very well be a typo. They probably meant May 06, but accidentally ended up typing June 06, I think.
Please desist from posting anything in the forum regarding this Facebook group and more specifically screenshots that identify other people who have not given you permission to post their names and details on a public internet forum. If you persist, your access to the forum will be restricted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leo55
Mood:

Post by leo55 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Just to update that I applied for Naturalisation application on 14th August 2020 and received an email from UKVCAS yesterday around 9pm to book the appointment as UKVI confirmed them that I am not eligible for new biometric reuse policy.

This is strange , I had my biometrics done last year when applied for ILR.

Anyway I managed to book my appointment for 27th Aug.

nellyasuai
Newly Registered

Post by nellyasuai » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:49 pm

nellyasuai wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 pm
Hello All,
Hope this brings hope to someone,
I applied on the 12th of May, just received my invitation to use the app this evening, I just uploaded a copy of my travel document and took a passport selfie of my face and submitted, however, after taking a photo of your face, it will tell you to turn left slowly and turn to your right slowly too, it's called liveliness photo, to check if its you...
Very easy to use as you follow the instructions.. Thanks

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:32 pm

I have not even received the IDV USE invite email yet but looks like I can now log in IDV App and submit whatever need to be done.

I made an application on 22nd of May. Good luck everyone!! Try login in now guys !!

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:05 pm

skasyap wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:32 pm
I have not even received the IDV USE invite email yet but looks like I can now log in IDV App and submit whatever need to be done.

I made an application on 22nd of May. Good luck everyone!! Try login in now guys !!
How you could log in without receive an invitation from ukvcas?

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:10 pm

skasyap wrote:

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Narimane wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:10 pm
skasyap wrote:

It looks like there is a delay in receiving email, definitely in my case. Still no email for me but now I can successfully Log in via IDV app without any issue.
When did you make the application??

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 pm

Worth giving a try if you have not. If you still get the error then you will have to wait till tomorrow or following days.

Primaverap5
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Primaverap5 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm

I applied on 23rd April and just received the IDV invitation now --26 Aug PM.
It was pretty straightforward and took 5 min to submit the face photo as well as a scan of the travel document.

1- In case my ILR application outcome is positive, will they backdate the issue date on the BRP to the decision date which was prior to IDV photo upload? I assume OH has already processed applications made in March or April.

2- Do I need to re-submit up-to-date supporting documents such as payslip, bank statement, and so on alongside photo upload?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Primaverap5 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm
I applied on 23rd April and just received the IDV invitation now --26 Aug PM.
It was pretty straightforward and took 5 min to submit the face photo as well as a scan of the travel document.

1- In case my ILR application outcome is positive, will they backdate the issue date on the BRP to the decision date which was prior to IDV photo upload? I assume OH has already processed applications made in March or April.

2- Do I need to re-submit up-to-date supporting documents such as payslip, bank statement, and so on alongside photo upload?
1. The decision date will be after the biomterics not before.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:57 pm

skasyap wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:16 pm
Worth giving a try if you have not. If you still get the error then you will have to wait till tomorrow or following days.
I tried to log in, but it says error, i made it in july, so lm wondering how u could log in and finish the procedures without an invitation?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Narimane wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:57 pm
skasyap wrote:
I tried to log in, but it says error, i made it in july, so lm wondering how u could log in and finish the procedures without an invitation?
You might have to wait for few more days then. There is nothing in the email which you would wait for except
Go ahead and use the app. Most importantly they just need to enable your account to use IDV app in the background. Just got the email anyway so below is what I have received.

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are pleased to announce that the new UKVCAS IDV app is now launched.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have changed the way they process applications in response to COVID-19. As a result, UKVI and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) have worked together to develop an Identity Verification (IDV) app which we are now inviting you to use.

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI involves you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.

The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

Why should I use the IDV app?

It’s fully approved by UKVI: The IDV app handles the identity verification process by letting you upload documents, take a photo of yourself and submit these directly to UKVI so a decision can be made about your application.

It’s safe and secure: The IDV app is based on technology delivered by Sopra Steria which is used by Police Forces across the UK and Europe. The app is highly secure and has passed the most stringent Government standards so you can use it with confidence.

It saves time and money: The IDV app saves you time and money as you no longer need to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. It enables you to submit documents and identity verification information using your smartphone, so you don’t need to leave home or take time away from work.

It’s easy to use: The IDV app is quick and easy to use for all age groups/nationalities. Users are guided in easy steps to scan and upload documents and take photos (selfies) in the right format to submit to UKVI.
What do I need to do next?

Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
Follow the instructions to download the IDV app to your phone
You then need to login to the IDV app:
The username is the email address you used to log into the UKVCAS website
The password is the one you used to log into the UKVCAS website
Unique Application Number (UAN) is the 16 digit number sent to you by UKVI
That’s all you need to get started.

Where can I find more information?

Take a look at the IDV app video here. It shows you just how easy it is to use the IDV app.
If you have any questions, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here. They tell you all about the new IDV app and answer any questions that you may have.
Where can I find my UAN and Access UK checklist?

Your UAN and Access UK document checklist is on the email you received from UKVI after you made your application on the Access UK website on Gov.uk.
What happens if there is a problem verifying my identity on the IDV app

If there are any issues verifying your identity after you have used the IDV app, UKVI may ask you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point to enrol your biometrics in person. Please note, depending on the time and date you choose, there may be a charge for the appointment.
What if I can’t use the IDV app?

If you are having difficulty using the IDV app, please call us to see if we can help on 0844 8920232 (Calls cost £0.04 per minute plus your provider’s access charge. Our lines are open 9am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday).
What if I don’t want to use the IDV app and/or don’t have a smartphone

You can book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Visit the UKVCAS website, log in and book an appointment.
What if I need a decision on my visa urgently due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here
Please note, your immigration status will not be affected while your application is being processed. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 pm

Narimane wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:57 pm
skasyap wrote:
On the UKVCAS last update, all who applied upto and before July 31st, would receive an email by Sept 7th. So lets not fret and be over anxious over things we have no control over (unless you don't get that email) and lets enjoy whats left of this summer...

Primaverap5
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Primaverap5 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 pm

What is the average time span between submitting face photo through IDV app and UKVI decision outcome email?
Has anyone heard from UKVI after completing the final IDV app submission?

PS. My apologies if a similar question has been already answered in threads and I missed it.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:37 pm

I submitted my application on May 18th. I received IDV email today at 8:37pm, submitted ! Fingers crossed the decision will come fast.

I suggest to upload and submit all documents online first so you don’t need to do it again via IDV. Good luck everyone !

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:47 pm

Btw did anyone use Unique Application Number to login ? I only used my email and password, not sure where to add the 16 digits UAN ?

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Primaverap5 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 pm
What is the average time span between submitting face photo through IDV app and UKVI decision outcome email?
Has anyone heard from UKVI after completing the final IDV app submission?

PS. My apologies if a similar question has been already answered in threads and I missed it.
I think the first invites were sent on 21st, so its been barley 3 working days since then.

Probably next week we’ll hear of lucky few who got their decisions back quickly.
But that would only be a few, like some of the applicants who get their decision within 2-3 days after attending biometrics appointment at UKVCAS.

Unless UKVI organized themselves like an Amazon dispatch depot :D In that case we’ll all get an email back in few days after IDV invite. Somehow I doubt it :|