ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afrikano
Newly Registered
Morocco

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by afrikano » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:14 pm

I've finally received the IDV invitation email around 9.20pm. All submitted in 5 minutes.
Applied 8th of June, SET (LR).
Good luck to everyone. You'll get the email at some point guys, just keep calm.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:31 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 pm
Still no email, no access to IDV. Am getting bonkers :cry:

Is there anyone applied before 19/05 still waiting for the invite? Hopefully I am not the only one.
There are a few people i think. Please check the thread in reverse order.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:27 pm

recentgrad wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:57 pm
Are there any other March/April/May applicants still waiting for a biometric appointment? I applied on 14 April through a solicitor and opted out of IDV on 07 Aug, but there has been no progress after that. Solicitor claims no emails have come since then.

Is anyone else in a similar situation, or has got it resolved? I saw here that many others were also having the issue of solicitor not receiving emails.
I am a June 12th applicant who opted out on 7th Aug and no updates yet.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:46 pm

I do understand that we are gradually getting IDV app invited but I dont understand that April applicants (Me) who submitted all requirements via IDV app on 24th August havent got decisions yet but July applicants who went to biometric appointments after 24th August have already got decisions !

Is there something I am missing out or is this an actual unfairness ? Rage !

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Summary of IDV app invite trends for Thu, Aug 27, 2020: From reports here, It appears that IDV app invites have been sent out to those who submitted their online applications in late May and early June 2020. So, the queue is moving. The furthest date for an IDV app invite I have seen so far in this platform is 9 June 2020.

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am

shahkb wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:46 pm
I do understand that we are gradually getting IDV app invited but I dont understand that April applicants (Me) who submitted all requirements via IDV app on 24th August havent got decisions yet but July applicants who went to biometric appointments after 24th August have already got decisions !

i applied on april 1. (set O - tier 2 for 5 years)
i didnt even have an email invitation to use the IDV app. It returns an error message when i try logging in. You're lucky that you already submitted your facial image.

Nilang
Mood:

Post by Nilang » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:36 am

It was great to announce that after 3 working days From submission of Biometric at service centre I received approval letter.

As I received the letter at late midnight, I think it’s been pushed by server accordingly.
So I think it could be after 2days!!
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions which helped to spend the lockdown with thoughts awaiting the decision of ILR process.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:53 am

Can someone please confirm the email id from which the invite for IDV app is received.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:34 am

ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:53 am
Can someone please confirm the email id from which the invite for IDV app is received.
Email ID is: FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk>

bling-uk

Post by bling-uk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:37 am

I got an email saying you can use the IDV app. But if you dont want the app - you can book your appointment once the IDV email invite as been sent.
No mention of opt out.

Has anyone got approval after the IDV app submission?

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:50 am

Has anyone got the decision yet who has submitted the photo via the IDV App?

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:58 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:50 am
Has anyone got the decision yet who has submitted the photo via the IDV App?
I believe no one yet. In another forum one person claimed that he received his decision, that's because he contacted Home Office because of an emergency.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:15 am

Hi All

I applied for my wife's visa and payment was deducted on 11th on UKVI. On the same day i registered on UKVCAS but i submitted documents on 16th. With the new guidelines issued on 25th (link below) will we get the email from UKVCAS by today 27th August or will we have to wait for September. It is confusing as to what they actually mean by the below statement:

"For those of you who applied between 1 – 14 August 2020, we will be sending you an email to outline next steps. This will let you know if you are eligible to use the IDV app or whether you need to book a UKVCAS appointment."

> Watch out for an email called; ‘UKVCAS - book an appointment now’ by 27 August 2020

> If you are eligible for the IDV app, the email will be called; ‘Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app’ and will have instructions for next steps and will arrive by 30 August 2020.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

As I have not received any email today what will happen in this instance. Her BRP is expiring 6th of September.

Appreciate your help as always

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:16 am

shahkb wrote:

Same situation, and I’m a March applicant - submitted on the 19th Of August. I plan to write to my MP this weekend to raise it with the Home Office, although HO takes about 20 days to respond.

imb2020
Newly Registered

Post by imb2020 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:26 am

shahkb wrote:

I've seen from Twitter one applicant who used IDV to complete his submittion on 23 Aug has received approval email yesterday. not sure it was escalated by HO. I am also waiting.
Last edited by imb2020 on Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

spaul84
Newly Registered
India

Post by spaul84 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am

jigars143 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:15 am
Hi All

I applied for my wife's visa and payment was deducted on 11th on UKVI. On the same day i registered on UKVCAS but i submitted documents on 16th. With the new guidelines issued on 25th (link below) will we get the email from UKVCAS by today 27th August or will we have to wait for September. It is confusing as to what they actually mean by the below statement:

"For those of you who applied between 1 – 14 August 2020, we will be sending you an email to outline next steps. This will let you know if you are eligible to use the IDV app or whether you need to book a UKVCAS appointment."

> Watch out for an email called; ‘UKVCAS - book an appointment now’ by 27 August 2020

> If you are eligible for the IDV app, the email will be called; ‘Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app’ and will have instructions for next steps and will arrive by 30 August 2020.

As I have not received any email today what will happen in this instance. Her BRP is expiring 6th of September.

If you have applied and paid online, and waiting for an appointment or IDV invite, your immigration status remains the same as per the guidelines.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am

jigars143 wrote:
Hi All

Your application date would count as 11/8.
Looks like you might be chosen for IDV and should get an email by 30/8 confirming that. In some cases, emails don't arrive at all. Try logging in and check for appointments if you think you don't qualify for reuse.
Don't worry about BRP expiry. You can stay until you get a decision once you have applied. Only thing is you can't travel outside UK.
Moderators can confirm if my understanding is correct.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:37 am

JS123 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:16 am
shahkb wrote:

Same situation, and I’m a March applicant - submitted on the 19th Of August. I plan to write to my MP this weekend to raise it with the Home Office, although HO takes about 20 days to respond.
I am in the same situation like you. Enrolled my biometrics via IDV app on 19/08/2020 (with 28/03/2020 - Application date) and still no outcome. People opted out and enrolled their biometrics with UKVCAS after a week got their decisions.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:52 am

spaul84 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am
jigars143 wrote:
Hi All

If you have applied and paid online, and waiting for an appointment or IDV invite, your immigration status remains the same as per the guidelines.

Thank You. Not really worried about status as application is submitted. The question is if I don't receive email from UKVCAS...

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 am

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:28 am
jigars143 wrote:
Hi All

Your application date would count as 11/8.
Looks like you might be chosen for IDV and should get an email by 30/8 confirming that. In some cases, emails don't arrive at all. Try logging in and check for appointments if you think you don't qualify for reuse.
Don't worry about BRP expiry. You can stay until you get a decision once you have applied. Only thing is you can't travel outside UK.
Moderators can confirm if my understanding is correct.
Thank you iamawonder... let's see if I get any email by 30th.

am2116
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by am2116 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 am

hello,
i hope all is well.
Can you please let me know that premium service is ON for ILT application?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:58 am

am2116 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 am
hello,
i hope all is well.
Can you please let me know that premium service is ON for ILT application?

Many Thanks
Super priority or Priority service, if that is what you are asking about, ie. quicker decision, is available to ALL immigration applications. The service is currently suspended so you won't get the option to select and pay for this. It is a UKVI service and not a UKCVAS Sopra Steria (biometrics) service.

Kindly also note that this topic is ONLY for biometric delay queries and posts due to covid and not for other questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Huss11
Newly Registered

Post by Huss11 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am

Hi everyone hope you are all well, i applied on 15th june (set m) through solicitor there only email i was forwarded the payment confirmation.I have numerous times phoned and emailed my solicitor for updates and i have been told there are no other emails have been sent.I seriously do not know what to do my solicitor is getting quite annoyed with me keep asking.Can anyone give me any advice in what i can do please. :cry:

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 am

@Huss11, hope you are reading this thread. You have no choice than to wait. No point getting stressed
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:11 am

Hello guys... Just received email about IDV app to reuse Biometrics. I wanted to have some suggestions if it is better to opt in or otherwise? Anyone with the experience? Your input is always appreciated.