ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Certificate (NADRA) Database

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TheDrkKngt
Newly Registered

Child Registration Certificate (NADRA) Database

Post by TheDrkKngt » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:45 pm

Dear all,

Me and my wife would like to apply for a Child Registration Certificate for my son, so he can visit Pakistan visa-free.

I am a British Citizen who has a NICOP card and my wife is a Pakistani Citizen who has a Computerised National Identity Card. My wife is in the UK on a spouse visa.

When reading one of the requirements for the Child Registration Certificate, it's stated that one of the parents should have updated their marital status with NADRA otherwise the application will not be processed. My son has no siblings.

We got married in Pakistan and our marriage certificate was issued by NADRA. My question is, will this be sufficient? As I'm not sure if marital status is something that gets displayed on the card itself?

Many thanks

xebec
Australia

Re: Child Registration Certificate (NADRA) Database

Post by xebec » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:31 am

TheDrkKngt wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:45 pm
Dear all,

Me and my wife would like to apply for a Child Registration Certificate for my son, so he can visit Pakistan visa-free.

I am a British Citizen who has a NICOP card and my wife is a Pakistani Citizen who has a Computerised National Identity Card. My wife is in the UK on a spouse visa.

When reading one of the requirements for the Child Registration Certificate, it's stated that one of the parents should have updated their marital status with NADRA otherwise the application will not be processed. My son has no siblings.

We got married in Pakistan and our marriage certificate was issued by NADRA. My question is, will this be sufficient? As I'm not sure if marital status is something that gets displayed on the card itself?

Many thanks
If your marriage certificate was issued by NADRA, I don't see why its a problem. It's already registered in the system if there is a unique reference number on your marriage certificate.

In most countries that allow it, registration of decent is only done after registration of marriage to ensure clear lineage information in the database. Some countries are more liberal - ie allow non-married partners to register.