ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Desiro
Belarus

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Desiro » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:45 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:41 pm
Desiro wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:20 pm
Logged in to the IDV app and completed the biometrics-related tasks just now (Fri, Aug 28 2020, 20:15 BST). Everything was functional. Took facial image, completed liveness check and uploaded supporting documents. All done within 10 minutes tops.

Date of submission of online UKVI application (and registration with UKVCAS) was 01 July 2020.

Note: I did not get the IDV invite email so far, but I just tried my luck, and luckily the app was active for me.
Could you specify type of your application please?
Sure. Global Talent visa - Stage 2.

The reason I post here is that there is no corresponding thread discussing biometrics appointments/IDV app for my visa category. In fact, there is no forum at all in this entire platform for the Global Talent visa.
And even more annoyingly, you post almost duplicates posts in the same named topic in the British citizenship sub forum. Please can you desist form posting in the citizenship sub forum as your posts are completely irrelevant there.
In defence of Krishnalumarg I want to say that his comment here was helpful, at least for me

rk90470
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk90470 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Application Date: June 19
Visa Type: Tier 2 General

I've got the invitation to use the app at 8:10 BST and I've submitted immediately.

Hope everything goes as expected and will get the decision soon. Even though I'm onto T2 General, this group helps me a lot about the timeline patterns/appointments. Thanks a lot to the moderators and other people like Cullinan.

Regards,
Raj

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:26 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:45 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:41 pm
Desiro wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Could you specify type of your application please?
Sure. Global Talent visa - Stage 2.

The reason I post here is that there is no corresponding thread discussing biometrics appointments/IDV app for my visa category. In fact, there is no forum at all in this entire platform for the Global Talent visa.
And even more annoyingly, you post almost duplicates posts in the same named topic in the British citizenship sub forum. Please can you desist form posting in the citizenship sub forum as your posts are completely irrelevant there.
As far as IDV app and biometrics are concerned, the application type (citizenship, Tier 2, ILR, Tier 1 etc) makes no difference whatsoever. Everyone is in the same wait-queue for biometrics.

I posted in that sub-forum because, because I have benefited from reading other people's experiences which kept me in the know. Perhaps those who read my posts there can benefit from knowing that the idv app queue has reached until July 01, 2020.

A few days back there was also a request to the moderators for creating an IDV app specific thread. Is that being considered?
A separate thread is not considered because of valid reasons given by CULLINAN. And I personally feel that the same thread is better in order to keep an eye on people's experiences with IDV and biometrics. After all IDV is a way of giving your biometric (read facial image).

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Do i have to submit directly when i get the invitation for the idv app?
Because i have noticed they send around 6_8pm so how u can get a photograph during the night?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Narimane wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:35 pm
Because i have noticed they send around 6_8pm so how u can get a photograph during the night?
There is no deadline as such. You can submit it next morning.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:57 pm

Narimane wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:35 pm
You can take photo in a properly lit room. Day light is not necessary. But obviously, you can use at your own convenience.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm

Guys I am extremely confused. Why aren’t idv app users getting responses on thier applications ?. I can’t find anyone in this thread who had used idv and has received an outcome on thier application. Anyone know anything about this. Thank you

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:01 pm
Guys I am extremely confused. Why aren’t idv app users getting responses on thier applications ?. I can’t find anyone in this thread who had used idv and has received an outcome on thier application. Anyone know anything about this. Thank you
Considering the volume of applications IDV option is tend to be longer as I believe they will have to assess each applicants credentials Image/Liveness/travel document. Even this is a process in the back office. They must have re-assessed applications but IDV applications may take few weeks. Just Wait.

Enrique1
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Enrique1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Hi All

An update if helpful..

I applied on 1st July.
I received IDV invite tonight and uploaded my photo and Passport photo and submitted immediately as I did not need to upload my supporting docs which I had already uploaded previously to the UKVCAS desktop site and had submitted to UKVI. The documents were visible in the app as well.
I used Samsung Android and it was pretty easy and straightforward at first trials to take photos and live check.
Now it is an exciting waiting game. I will post update here as I receive any update, fingers crossed..

BenAbd
Newly Registered

Post by BenAbd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:36 pm

2nd July Set O applicant. Got IDV invite earlier today. Gonna ponder overnight if I make an appointment or use the app.

I seem to have overtaken my Partner since she applied her Tier 2 extension based on my Tier 2 leave in late march. Now I am tempted to make my appointment and get quicker decision and try to vary her application i.e. Tier 2 dependent extension based on my ILR. (We are out of Sync in our 5 year requirements so it will save us another round of her extension). But is the appointment definitely quicker than app? Decisions decisions....

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:42 pm

Dear Moderators, I have to travel urgently outside the uk as my sons school is starting back home and we have currently submitted our visas Here in the UK . In the email regarding reuse of biometrics, I got the following information. What do I have to do and will it impact my application negatively ?. Many thanks

“What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.“

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:42 pm
Dear Moderators, I have to travel urgently outside the uk as my sons school is starting back home and we have currently submitted our visas Here in the UK . In the email regarding reuse of biometrics, I got the following information. What do I have to do and will it impact my application negatively ?. Many thanks

“What if I need an outcome on my application due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here.“
Unfortunately you can not travel until a decision is made on your application. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn. The best you can do is write a cover letter and attach with your documents explaining any urgent/compassionate reason(s) as to why your case should be expedited. Its up to the CW discretion then, you maybe lucky or not.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Asterik123
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Asterik123 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Submitted application on 22nd June.

Finally received an email to either use the IDV app or to book an appointment - i opted out, so have gone for the appointment route.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Status Update 28/8/20.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:52 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:34 am
ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:53 am
Can someone please confirm the email id from which the invite for IDV app is received.
Email ID is: FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk>
Thank you for confirming. Much appreciated.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 pm
UKVCAS Service Point Status Update 28/8/20.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Looks like the appointments are aplenty now. They need to open the bookings for Aug old and new applicants. With IDV App being free, I guess Sopra will have to close fee extra centers starting a couple of months.

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:39 am

Is there anyone on this forum who has applied for ILR (set LR) in June/July, opted out of idv app, given biometrics in August and received approval email? And after how many days of biometrics, you received approval?

There are not many people in LR timeline thread. And its difficult to get an idea of how the queue is moving for long residence applications so far in terms of decisions. However, there are a lot of people in other sets and who appear to get the decisions within few days of submitting biometrics.

Thanks,

prjose
Newly Registered

Post by prjose » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:07 am

Hi All,

IDV app invite received on 28 Aug 2020, around 9pm
Application Set-M
Application date 26 June 2020

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:58 am

Hi All,

I have been reading this posts for a while without any post.Just got an update for wife application for SET LR.
Applied:02/07/20
Invitation for IDV:28/08/20 @9:15 PM

Hopefully we all get decision soon. Thanks

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:46 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 am
ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:15 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:37 pm
Dear ILR applicants

Any idea which company is delivering the ILR BRP cards? I want to follow-up to track my progresss. Last tome I got via DX.

But when I checked with DX today hey said they do not deliver BRP cards these days. Any one can help please?
Fedex / TNT
I am also waiting since last friday. But there is no way to track without a tracking number no?
fair point, any idea if thos you have received the decision email will be sent a tracking code for BRP?
There is an email sent out by UKVI few days after the decision email that includes the TNT/Fedx tracking code
Also, if you call TNT, and give your registered address and name they will inform you about the details/tracking without tracking code.
I am bit impatient so i called TNT directly 😅
hey thanks. Does TNT deliver at home directly and delivery guy call you on mobile to check address etc? I am expecting my card next week so preparing for its arrival am getting impatient as well.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:44 am

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:46 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 am
ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:15 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Fedex / TNT
I am also waiting since last friday. But there is no way to track without a tracking number no?
fair point, any idea if thos you have received the decision email will be sent a tracking code for BRP?
There is an email sent out by UKVI few days after the decision email that includes the TNT/Fedx tracking code
Also, if you call TNT, and give your registered address and name they will inform you about the details/tracking without tracking code.
I am bit impatient so i called TNT directly 😅
hey thanks. Does TNT deliver at home directly and delivery guy call you on mobile to check address etc? I am expecting my card next week so preparing for its arrival am getting impatient as well.
Hello there, please respect the thread subject. This is not for discussion on courier/delivery.
Thanks

Ali313
Newly Registered

Post by Ali313 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:38 am

Hi All,
Anyone got reply ( approval or refusal ) after submitted the IDV image.
Applicants for Set LR specially.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:16 am

April applicant and still waiting, how about the rest of you who were waiting from March, April and May have you had any luck this week? Looks like they’ll get through all the applicants till August in a couple of days. I don’t expect mine to come through till they finish inviting what I’m calling the first batch.

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:19 am

Ali313 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:38 am
Hi All,
Anyone got reply ( approval or refusal ) after submitted the IDV image.
Applicants for Set LR specially.
I also wanted update about approval of those who applied for set LR in last 2 months and submitted biometrics in August.... but it seems there are only few applications for set LR.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:27 am

SIyer wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:16 am
April applicant and still waiting, how about the rest of you who were waiting from March, April and May have you had any luck this week? Looks like they’ll get through all the applicants till August in a couple of days. I don’t expect mine to come through till they finish inviting what I’m calling the first batch.
The date of my application is 25.06, I can't login to the IDV app and no invitation recieced so far, although at least two early july applicants reported here they managed to submit biometric through the app. My whole experience with ukvcas is absolutely terrible. Wasted the whole summer with endless waiting. Totally incompetent and greedy company.