ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nash4elovek
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by nash4elovek » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:46 am

SIyer wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:16 am
April applicant and still waiting, how about the rest of you who were waiting from March, April and May have you had any luck this week? Looks like they’ll get through all the applicants till August in a couple of days. I don’t expect mine to come through till they finish inviting what I’m calling the first batch.
Hi Slyer

So your theory is that they will go up to August and then back to March to invite the “second batch”?

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:47 am

Desiro wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:27 am
The date of my application is 25.06, I can't login to the IDV app and no invitation recieced so far, although at least two early july applicants reported here they managed to submit biometric through the app. My whole experience with ukvcas is absolutely terrible. Wasted the whole summer with endless waiting. Totally incompetent and greedy company.
Still waiting for IDV app invite, 16 ‘April’ ILR applicant for my family members.
-- Kaps84

kaps84
Member of Standing

Post by kaps84 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 am

SIyer wrote:
April applicant and still waiting, how about the rest of you who were waiting from March, April and May have you had any luck this week? Looks like they’ll get through all the applicants till August in a couple of days. I don’t expect mine to come through till they finish inviting what I’m calling the first batch.
You are not alone for April. Here I am from mid-April still waiting for IDV app invite.
-- Kaps84

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 am
SIyer wrote:
You are not alone for April. Here I am from mid-April still waiting for IDV app invite.
Guy’s patience is the key her like others have reiterated in previous posts UKVACS said people receiving IDV APP invites are coming from UKVI and not from them, so unless there is a list sent they are in not in a position to send out invitations. Also this is a new way of working and there are bound to be teething problems as we move further along it will be refined however if you have any issues you can make a complaint Here, where you should receive a response within 24 hours as part of their service standards

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:22 pm

stonelove wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:20 pm
kaps84 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:50 am
SIyer wrote:
Guy’s patience is the key her like others have reiterated in previous posts UKVACS said people receiving IDV APP invites are coming from UKVI and not from them, so unless there is a list sent they are in not in a position to send out invitations. Also this is a new way of working and there are bound to be teething problems as we move further along it will be refined however if you have any issues you can make a complaint here (https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/contact-us/complaint), where you should receive a response within 24 hours as part of their service standards

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:23 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:46 am
SIyer wrote:
Hi Slyer

So your theory is that they will go up to August and then back to March to invite the “second batch”?
This theory doesn't make sense. UKVCAS has clearly said that they will invite applicants upto 31 July by 7 sep. So, where does first and second batch come into picture? Whatever the case may be, it's shambolic!

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:51 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:23 pm
nash4elovek wrote:
SIyer wrote:
Hi Slyer

This theory doesn't make sense. UKVCAS has clearly said that they will invite applicants upto 31 July by 7 sep. So, where does first and second batch come into picture? Whatever the case may be, it's shambolic!

It’s wishful thinking more than theory. In my opinion they’ll reach the 31st July date in the next two working days. Our invitations haven’t been sent out for the reasons best known to them but they’d definitely send it out before the 7th of Sep as claimed as a ‘second batch’ of invites. Again wishful thinking more than anything.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:56 pm

iamawonder wrote:
nash4elovek wrote:
SIyer wrote:
Hi Slyer

Well, things that ukvcas does dont make sense either. They said they would invite people in batches, according to their application dates. Clearly, this is not the case as there are applicants from July who submitted their biometrics through idv and those from April which didn't.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:56 pm

iamawonder wrote:
nash4elovek wrote:
SIyer wrote:
Hi Slyer

Well, things that ukvcas does dont make sense either. They said they would invite people in batches, according to their application dates. Clearly, this is not the case as there are applicants from July who submitted their biometrics through idv and those from April which didn't.

Hardrex
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hardrex » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi Guys, applied for naturalisation 28th of June got invite for idv yesterday 7:25pm.

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:42 pm

SIyer wrote:
I called up "Home Office Coronavirus Immigration Team"

after 3 days, they replied and sent me a generic email saying because of - corona virus.. blah blah blah...

(applied April 1, - ILR tier 2 for 5 years.)

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:07 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:46 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:18 am
ILRGB wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:15 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Fedex / TNT
I am also waiting since last friday. But there is no way to track without a tracking number no?
fair point, any idea if thos you have received the decision email will be sent a tracking code for BRP?
There is an email sent out by UKVI few days after the decision email that includes the TNT/Fedx tracking code
Also, if you call TNT, and give your registered address and name they will inform you about the details/tracking without tracking code.
I am bit impatient so i called TNT directly 😅
hey thanks. Does TNT deliver at home directly and delivery guy call you on mobile to check address etc? I am expecting my card next week so preparing for its arrival am getting impatient as well.
Its a signed delivery so they will deliver to the registered address

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Any IDV invites today?

sam942
Newly Registered

Post by sam942 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:01 pm

Got the IDV invite at 5.25pm today. Applied for Tier 2 extension on the 7th of July.

cheeish
Newly Registered

Post by cheeish » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:06 pm

I have got IDV invitation today 29 Aug 2020 @17:28 and submitted all successfully
My application date is 07 July 2020 for
SET(M)

Sirjameso
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Sirjameso » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 pm

I received my email on the 28th August advising me to use the IDV APP. I was relieved as I waited a few months since submitting my application for the next stage in my BC process.It was an added bonus as I did not have to pay any additional fees. I had already uploaded all my relevant documents on the UKVCAS website.

The problem is I am unable to log in to the app after downloading it on my idiot-phone. When I proceed to log in on the app, it prompts me stating the app wants to use the website to sign in. I am then directed to the website, annoyingly when I put the same log in details I used on my laptop, it doesnt seem to recognise those details. The Log in tab doesnt change and doesnt respond when I click it. I know that on the desktop website you need to click the cookie permission tab on the top right corner of the site otherwise you get no response when you click LOG IN. How do you deal with this matter when using a phone?

The email also states • Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
• Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
My email doesn't show any IDV App panel at all.

Does any one have the same issues and how can I solve the problem please, I really do not want to pay £135 after waiting for the app as advised. I appreciate others may have been waiting much longer than I have.

Thanks for reading.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Sirjameso wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 pm
You have pasted in the ILR sub forum. The correct forum for you is the BC forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 99581.html

Did you try “forget password” link on UKVCAS website?

Try changing the password on UKVCAS website first and then log in the app with the new log in details.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:48 pm

cheeish wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:06 pm
I have got IDV invitation today 29 Aug 2020 @17:28 and submitted all successfully
My application date is 07 July 2020 for
SET(M)
10 july Set O.
No invite yet. Can't login also. :(

fx125

Post by fx125 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:01 pm

I got the invite to use IDV App at 16:45 Sat today.
Application to replace lost BRP made on 05 Jul

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Ali313 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:38 am
Hi All,
Anyone got reply ( approval or refusal ) after submitted the IDV image.
Applicants for Set LR specially.
April applicant here, submitted Selfie etc on 23rd. Still waiting.

Applicant applied in August with biomentric appointments have got their decisions already. Just not fair at all !!

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:03 pm

My partner recived the invitation to use IDV app today 29/8/2020 at 19:08 hrs. Application submitted on 15th July 2020 for GTV.

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Update on my application:

Type: ILR SET(LR)
Application date: 13th July
Payment date: 13th July
Received IDV invitation: 29th August
Submitted IDV: 29th August

Best of luck for all those waiting for decision/IDV invitation.

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 pm

For those of you who are waiting to use IDV app since March/April/May - Have you guys clicked the submit button for documents on UKCVAS app? Just curious to find the reason.

Dekedaba
Newly Registered

Post by Dekedaba » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:11 pm

It does seem unfair as I can see those who applied in later months getting quicker decisions, however, they already hinted that the appointment route will lead to a quicker decision in their biometric reuse email as shown below;
"The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available. See next steps below."

Hopefully things will start moving for IDV users from next week, we are almost there.

Haom
Newly Registered

Post by Haom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Dekedaba wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:11 pm
It does seem unfair as I can see those who applied in later months getting quicker decisions, however, they already hinted that the appointment route will lead to a quicker decision in their biometric reuse email as shown below;
"The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. If you urgently need a decision about your application, (for example because you need to travel outside of the UK), the option to book an appointment is still available. See next steps below."

Hopefully things will start moving for IDV users from next week, we are almost there.
For August applicants, they rephrased this part as following:

"The key advantage of the IDV app is you don’t have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point and it is free to use. However, if you would prefer to book an appointment, you will be able to access available appointments on our booking system when you are invited to use the IDV app.
"
So I guess this is not true now that the app is around.