ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spybadshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by spybadshah » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Got the IDV invite on 28 Aug, original application date 23 Jul for Naturalisation.

IDV process completed on 29 Aug. Has anyone using IDV app gt approval so far? it seems the personal appointments at centre approvals are granted in couple of days.

Now the next bottleneck will be waiting for the ceremony invite :(

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Applied on the 23rd of June. Still no invitation for IDV app, nor able to log into it

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:43 pm
In my personal opinion, now the decisions maybe a little delayed given the number of applicants invited for biometrics recently.

I believe timeline for decisions have nothing to do with providing biometrics via UKVCAS or IDV.

Previously who submitted biometrics via UKVCAS were a small group as majority were selected for IDV reuse.

Now, the overall applicants providing biometrics have gone up at fast pace, be it be via UKVCAS or IDV.
Totally agree.

Also don’t forget that the HO has created a very long queue who are really frustrated not to receive their invitations.

In my opinion, I think the HO will slow the approval process for all applicants and might not even send the approval by email.

I think they will concentrate on clearing the huge backlog they created specially for the applicant who applied more than 6 months, but I might be wrong.

Without a regular update from the HO, we can only guess. I hope the HO would adopt a new approach that keep updating most of the candidates.

In NHS, we deliver a service tailored to satisfy customers. If the HO think about us as customers, they wouldn’t ignore keeping us updated!

Saam127

Post by Saam127 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi,
I tried to upload my 3 years old daughter photo on IDV App many time , but “Message Failed” come up on Screen. IDV App invitation received yesterday. Any suggestions what I have to do next please?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Saam127 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:18 pm
Hi,
I tried to upload my 3 years old daughter photo on IDV App many time , but “Message Failed” come up on Screen. IDV App invitation received yesterday. Any suggestions what I have to do next please?
Does it not give you an option to “take” a new photo?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sirjameso
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Sirjameso » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:33 pm

I received my email on the 28th August advising me to use the IDV APP. I was relieved as I waited a few months since submitting my application for the next stage in my BC process.It was an added bonus as I did not have to pay any additional fees. I had already uploaded all my relevant documents on the UKVCAS website.

The problem is I am unable to log in to the app after downloading it on my idiot-phone. When I proceed to log in on the app, it prompts me stating the app wants to use the website to sign in. I am then directed to the website, annoyingly when I put the same log in details I used on my laptop, it doesnt seem to recognise those details. The Log in tab doesnt change and doesnt respond when I click it. I know that on the desktop website you need to click the cookie permission tab on the top right corner of the site otherwise you get no response when you click LOG IN. How do you deal with this matter when using a phone?

The email also states • Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
• Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
My email doesn't show any IDV App panel at all.

I've also reset my password to no avail.

Does any one have the same issues and how can I solve the problem please, I really do not want to pay £135 after waiting for the app as advised. I appreciate others may have been waiting much longer than I have.

Thanks for reading.

NOTE: I've recently read that the moderators are all unpaid volunteers. I am very grateful for all your help. Youve all been a Godsend. Bless you all..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:37 pm

@sirjameso

Did you delete the already saved password first? Are you making sure you physically input the new password and system is not auto filling the old password again?

Try updating the version of the app also before trying. It was updated today.

Are you using i-phone 6 & ios 12 or above? It will not work if its an older i-phone.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:37 pm

Islandson wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm
We applied on July 16th; we were notified on Aug 6th that the biometrics are to be reused. We're now awaiting the invite to use the app. We're wondering if too opt out now but the deadline to do so has passed for us.
Hello everyone, no email as yet but we did get access to the app earlier today, just around 6.50pm when we checked. Photos were taken and all docs previously uploaded were stored. Application now submitted successfully via the app.

Islandson
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Islandson » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Islandson wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Islandson wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm
We applied on July 16th; we were notified on Aug 6th that the biometrics are to be reused. We're now awaiting the invite to use the app. We're wondering if too opt out now but the deadline to do so has passed for us.
Hello everyone, no email as yet but we did get access to the app earlier today, just around 6.50pm when we checked. Photos were taken and all docs previously uploaded were stored. Application now submitted successfully via the app.
Email literally just arrived 😁

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm

Just for the benefit of members. My friend applied for BC on 15th July and just received the IDV invite.

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Sirjameso wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:33 pm
I received my email on the 28th August advising me to use the IDV APP. I was relieved as I waited a few months since submitting my application for the next stage in my BC process.It was an added bonus as I did not have to pay any additional fees. I had already uploaded all my relevant documents on the UKVCAS website.

The problem is I am unable to log in to the app after downloading it on my idiot-phone. When I proceed to log in on the app, it prompts me stating the app wants to use the website to sign in. I am then directed to the website, annoyingly when I put the same log in details I used on my laptop, it doesnt seem to recognise those details. The Log in tab doesnt change and doesnt respond when I click it. I know that on the desktop website you need to click the cookie permission tab on the top right corner of the site otherwise you get no response when you click LOG IN. How do you deal with this matter when using a phone?

The email also states • Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
• Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
My email doesn't show any IDV App panel at all.

I've also reset my password to no avail.

Does any one have the same issues and how can I solve the problem please, I really do not want to pay £135 after waiting for the app as advised. I appreciate others may have been waiting much longer than I have.

Thanks for reading.

NOTE: I've recently read that the moderators are all unpaid volunteers. I am very grateful for all your help. Youve all been a Godsend. Bless you all..
Click on the book appointment tab and you will be able to see that. Logical it should be on the home page but Its not.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:46 pm

On the IDV app it doesn’t say “exactly which documents to upload” how can I see the checklist with exact documents ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 pm

therock wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:46 pm
On the IDV app it doesn’t say “exactly which documents to upload” how can I see the checklist with exact documents ?
See your checklist which was provided at the time you submitted your application. It will be available at the further actions page if you log in your UKVI account.

Saam127

Post by Saam127 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:24 pm
Saam127 wrote:
Hi,
Yes, but I tried to upload new as well but same msg comes up on screen. I upload the passport photo first instead of face photo, is this gonna b problem?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:05 pm

Saam127 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:21 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:24 pm
Saam127 wrote:
Hi,
Yes, but I tried to upload new as well but same msg comes up on screen. I upload the passport photo first instead of face photo, is this gonna b problem?
No i dont think so. I uploaded my passport photo first and then my facial image and it worked.

Try logging out and logging back in. Try updating the app also before using it as an app update came today.

Take a photo in a properly lit room.

Try using another phone if possible?

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:21 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 pm
See your checklist which was provided at the time you submitted your application. It will be available at the further actions page if you log in your UKVI account.
I can't see that. When I login I get the following links

Appointment booking
Document upload
Help and support

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:28 am

There are appointments available next week. I have seen people getting approval letters after 10 days of booked appointment.

Shall I proceed with IDV or booking appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:01 am

therock wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:21 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 pm
I can't see that. When I login I get the following links

Appointment booking
Document upload
Help and support
I said UKVI account NOT UKVCAS account. Log in to your UKVI account.

Ghostrpg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ghostrpg » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:31 am

I have only just applied yesterday. I tried booking a biometric appointment but there seems to be non. Is there a process to this? Do i have to wait to be invited to book an appointment? I really don't mind paying but i can find that option either.
Can someone please enlighten me on the process for UKVCAS.

Ibyvana
Newly Registered

Post by Ibyvana » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:43 am

Ghostrpg wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:31 am
I have only just applied yesterday. I tried booking a biometric appointment but there seems to be non. Is there a process to this? Do i have to wait to be invited to book an appointment? I really don't mind paying but i can find that option either.
If money was the solution then this whole thread wouldn't have existed.

Apply and wait for your turn, mate!

Ghostrpg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ghostrpg » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:54 am

Ibyvana wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:43 am
Ghostrpg wrote:
If money was the solution then this whole thread wouldn't have existed.

Apply and wait for your turn, mate!
Wait my turn, got it. You didn't have to write anything else but whatever makes you sleep well.

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:23 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm
Just for the benefit of members. My friend applied for BC on 15th July and just received the IDV invite.
Hi

Becoming little bit impatient now . I have applied for myself on 9th June and for my wife and daughter on 6th July . All are eligible for Biometrics reuse . But so far no invitation. No idea what criteria they are following .

Uma

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:31 am

Applied on 22nd June, elidigible for reuse, but no email and cannot login to app.
not sure if it has anything to do with two people under same application.
I guess will have to wait until 7th Sept as that was the deadline for application till June end.

luckyshah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by luckyshah » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:08 am

udutt wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:23 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 pm
Hi

Becoming little bit impatient now . I have applied for myself on 9th June and for my wife and daughter on 6th July . All are eligible for Biometrics reuse . But so far no invitation. No idea what criteria they are following .

Uma
Hope for the best as i applied on 22/05/2020 and still waiting for IDV app invitation

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:18 am

Ghostrpg wrote:
Follow the UKVCAS updates. UKVCAS is opening up in phases. It is not open for anyone who applied after 15th Aug. You will have to wait for next update. Also, follow this thread for recent member’s updates.