ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office warning letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

burningfire06
Newly Registered
Japan

Breach of tier 2 visa

Post by burningfire06 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Hi i hope someone can enlighten me about the tier 2 visa supplementary job working hours.
Im about to extend my tier 2 visa next year and while i was checking for the requirements i found out that i was unknowingly breach the visa condition which is working 20hours per week.
My supplementary work was on the same position and same employer but the difference was that it was under the employers bank partner so technically it was like a second job. I occassionally worked like 23 hours extra shift within a week and sometimes it reaches to 37. 5hours. I thought it was like an ovetime since it was the same employer im working at but reality hits me that it was a supplementary job already. We are understaff so my manager asked me to do some extra shifts.
What shall i do to amend my mistake?? Should i immediatley inform the HO about it or should i discussed it with my employee or manager that i breach my visa condition. I really dont know what yo do at the moment.
I hope someone can help me

burningfire06
Newly Registered
Japan

Home office warning letter

Post by burningfire06 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Good day,

I just wanted to ask if ever someone violated their visa condition are they going to receive a warning letter from the home office?
I unintentionally violated my visa's working condition cos i thought that since im working on the same sponsor, same position and same ward it means that i can work even how many hours i can per week and it doesnt count as a second job.
Im working in nhs and we do have what we call as bank partners so we do extra shifts and be paid weekly on a separate payslip and tax code. I occasionally worked more than 20 hours per week but not more than 80 hours per month. It wasnt like a monthly basis but depending on the staffing level. So for the span of april-april financial year i did the violation for 8 or 9x. Will it affect my visa applicaiton in the future? Can someone help to enlighten me please. Thank you and i look forward for your opinions.. 😊

Tash87
Philippines

Re: Home office warning letter

Post by Tash87 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 am

Were you paid monthly? If the monthly hours are 80 or below and you were paid monthly then hopefully you are ok.
Otherwise it’s best you ask a solicitor for advice

burningfire06
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Home office warning letter

Post by burningfire06 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:23 pm

It was below 80 hours and i was paid weekly by bank partners.. They were like connected to our trust so im doing extra shift on our ward only not on the other place or sponsor..
I tried to reach out for an advisor hopefully i can get some answers.
Thank you for your reply.. Im hoping someone whos on the same situation as mine and able to apply for an extension can help me as well.